• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DickDunkin

Shooter
    So when do we vote to bring to old system back Nov 5 just like regular or is there primaries or something? New system sucks! Is this a government run site? Fixing shit that ain't broke making it more complicated then needed? When do we start having to pay taxes on ads or membership? SMH

TK5o

Master
    I think the new system will work itself out. I do enjoy the multiple layout choices to scroll with. Only issue I’m seeing is some pictures populate and some are just a blue square and you have to open the ad to see the picture

DickDunkin

Shooter
    I think the new system will work itself out. I do enjoy the multiple layout choices to scroll with. Only issue I’m seeing is some pictures populate and some are just a blue square and you have to open the ad to see the picture
    Did the old system do that? NOPE it wasn't broke lol just like telegraph there wanting more access to our shit. WHO decided to change it?

850guns

Master
    I can't update my add and says I don't have the privilege to reply....

DickDunkin

Shooter
    The new listing is part of a "Build Back Better By Biden" project so it being a governmental project will be plagued with issues and bugs taking years and countless man hours, resources, and money to eventually still not work right. So don't worry it's for our own good and we should be happy there's a "new system"

FLT

Master
    Gone as in no longer there, not searchable? Or gone as in hidden until you go looking? Keeping older FS/T posts archived and searchable is a useful tool for tracking pricing/sale trends.
    That tracking part ,is what a lot of folks dislike. When a deal is over it should be gone , as in forever.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    That tracking part ,is what a lot of folks dislike. When a deal is over it should be gone , as in forever.
    Why? Pricing trends benefit us all. It should be locked, and no longer able to be replied to so you don't get people that necro-bump threads endlessly for guns that sold 5 years ago. But deleting it forever is of no benefit.

FLT

Master
    Why? Pricing trends benefit us all. It should be locked, and no longer able to be replied to so you don't get people that necro-bump threads endlessly for guns that sold 5 years ago. But deleting it forever is of no benefit.

It would be to many of the members that dislike people keeping track of deals that are of no concern of theirs. Some members , including my self , dislike folks tracking their their purchases over time. And prices from two years are completely irrelevant, as to the current value of firearms, many have more than doubled in the last few years .

850guns

Master
    With the crap the feds are trying to pull, it's probably good to expire after 90 days like on some auction sites.. but I still want to bump my older adds....

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    With the crap the feds are trying to pull, it's probably good to expire after 90 days like on some auction sites.. but I still want to bump my older adds....
    Ads are burned in forever. There is no deleting them from everyone.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Sorry it's just a little different at first, we can continue to tweak the system and will.

Another observation.

Before the rewrite, when on one of the For Sale Section sub-forums like Firearms or Ammuntion, the top-left used to have a link when you clicked the verbiage of the “parent forum”. So in Firearms, the top left said “For Sale Section”, and if you clicked those words, you went to the overall For Sale section. You could then click on Ammuntion or whatever, or just scroll back up to other forums.

Now, after this rewrite, if in a For Sale Section sub-forum, the top-left reads “Classifieds”, and when you click it, you goto a jumbled mess of every classified thread in one long list. Then the top-left of that page is “Home” which takes you to a different layout than before. You have to click the GCGF logo at the top to go back to the main overall forum and scroll down to get back to where you were.

It’s a frustrating redirect that doesn’t exist on the rest of the forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom