• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DickDunkin

Shooter
    That tracking part ,is what a lot of folks dislike. When a deal is over it should be gone , as in forever.
    ebay, gun broker, basically any site I can think of let's you see old listings and you can use this to see price trends. I don't see it being an issue unless your some asshole who wants to buy peoples things for less then what the value is then try an relist it for profit.......WHO cares if people can see old postings with prices.......

DickDunkin

Shooter
    It would be to many of the members that dislike people keeping track of deals that are of no concern of theirs. Some members , including my self , dislike folks tracking their their purchases over time. And prices from two years are completely irrelevant, as to the current value of firearms, many have more than doubled in the last few years .
    So get off a public forum if you want to be private lmfao

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    OK then, how do I bump my adds that I bumped last week?
    There is a box that says bump, much like the watch/unwatch box you can click on

And by deleting I was referring to if someone(the government)wanted to find a post, it could be retrieved.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    When I looked at the firearms section yesterday, the first 7 ads were sold. It was against the rules for you to do it now the system is doing it as it weeds through old ads. Oh the irony. First world problems. Lol
    Yep, had to turn off watch on the firearm, accessories. Was bombing my alerts.

Reactions: FLT

Cardsfan15

Expert
    I’ve noticed posts have ground to a halt with this new format… I’m not sure why the change was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have found that all sale ads that are :05 after the hour are updated sold threads by the system. An example would be 8:05. Probably not a fresh ad.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I’ve noticed posts have ground to a halt with this new format… I’m not sure why the change was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen plenty new stuff posted. Has it fallen off? Not really a fan of the new setup but we will all adapt.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    made lots of fixes over weekend, will start a new thread tomorrow and go from there so stay tuned

Reactions: FLT

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I posted this comment on another thread but wanted to repeat it here...

After editing & bumping some listings and seeing how things work, I don't find it to be all that bad, and I kinda like the neat & organized look. I can find what I want by clicking the "Classifieds" (and the drop-down menu on the arrow beside it) in the blue banner near the top of the page (I use a PC 99% of the time and occasionally use the browser in my android phone).

I'm betting that the "this listing has expired" bumps will disappear in time, and my only 'complaint' at this time is that bumped classified ads don't seem to appear in the 'what's new' section like the used to...I've used the new 'bump' function as well as adding a comment to an existing ad and while they do go to the top of that category, neither has appeared in 'what's new.' "What's New' is where I view the forum almost all the time.

Edited to add...locations; we need to be able to see item locations at a glance like before. I've edited my listings to include my location in the title.

Last edited:

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    I work in IT. Whenever there's a major change, we always do a Pilot first, which is a test with certain users. In this case a site setup with a new page for the ads and user t try out would've been nice. The new ads page should most likely have a backup page saved if it wordpress. I do agree if there's a history of posts that it's better to have them "deleted" but you just have to realize that the Internet isn't private. Probably would've been a good idea to run this by everyone as a poll first
    Ran it by everyone some time ago. And please, massive websites and companies go down far worse than a few tiny glitches in a free online ad system. This is simply a matter of you can't make everyone happy. The last system was a massive mod nightmare, people won't close ads, won't stop excessively bumping, crapping on other people's ads, not posting location/photo/price, and so on. Last time I checked nobody asked the mods their opinion, ask them were they sick of that kind of junk having to be fixed daily or not. Nah, I get the replies to the mods, telling them to F off, etc. And that os just to mention those issues not the rest.

So the system is rolling, sometimes in a forum setting best to launch and it take a few days to tweak, etc - especially with a tiny budget and not team. The entire time this last week the system was working 95% fine. Everyone was still able to sell or buy. And if you notice most people just rolled with it.

I do appreciate solid feedback so we can perfect it.

As far as deleted ads, they are not gone. They are simply inactive. Ads go inactive after 180 days. That can be changed and something we can consider. Also, the old system is still there with all the threads :)

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator

After editing & bumping some listings and seeing how things work, I don't find it to be all that bad, and I kinda like the neat & organized look. I can find what I want by clicking the "Classifieds" (and the drop-down menu on the arrow beside it) in the blue banner near the top of the page (I use a PC 99% of the time and occasionally use the browser in my android phone).

I'm betting that the "this listing has expired" bumps will disappear in time, and my only 'complaint' at this time is that bumped classified ads don't seem to appear in the 'what's new' section like the used to...I've used the new 'bump' function as well as adding a comment to an existing ad and while they do go to the top of that category, neither has appeared in 'what's new.' "What's New' is where I view the forum almost all the time.

Edited to add...locations; we need to be able to see item locations at a glance like before. I've edited my listings to include my location in the title.
    And some folks hated that ads were always in the what's new section. I tend to like it as you do though.
    I've seen plenty new stuff posted. Has it fallen off? Not really a fan of the new setup but we will all adapt.
    hasn't fallen at all, just all the BUMP posts are gone.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    I'm not see half the problems some have mentioned. I wonder if its a phone/home computer type deal ?

that's because the system was working fine, just different. We have tweaked and will continue to when we see some good ideas/feedback :)

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator

I like the ads in What's new also, seems that more folks don't.
    I just click the other tab while in there.
    it does keep ads out of the new area
    Screenshot 2024-09-02 210857.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom