• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Logged or not. It was popping up everytime I went to the site, logged in or not. Now it is more random, but again, it happens logged in or notifications.
    it is written now to not show to members at all. no other reports of this anywhere, but will have him check the code just in case. as far as it showing to non-logged-in folks, should only show every 3000 days per device, things can alter that and will check with dev guy

Andronicus54

Expert
    OK, friends...sorry for my ignorance, but I need some help with this new system. When I open the for sale forum, there is a message at the top saying: "The New Classified Ad System is live. Be sure to head to your profile page, there you will find the TAB for your Classified Ads in the new system."
    1. Where is my "profile page"? I click on my name up at the top where it says "your account," but there is nowhere that it is called a "profile". So the profile page must be somewhere else. How do I get to this "profile page" ?
    2. IF the page that says "your account" is actually the above mentioned "profile page." I need to know where to find this "TAB for classified ads" because I don't see it.
    4. The old "Ammo and Reloading Sales" had a section just for trading reloading supplies. I found that very useful. Does it still exist or has it been eliminated?
    3. Do I understand I'm limited to 5 for sale items? Is that total or just in the certain category like guns, ammo, accessories? I'm really going to have a hard time helping to sell guns from my friends estates if I can only post 5 at a time and then wait until they sell to add another one. Oh well, it's a free forum so you guys can set it up any way you want and make any rules you want and I'll just have to live with it or go elsewhere. I have really enjoyed the forum and bought and sold many firearms. I sure hope I can figure out this new system. Thanks for the forum itself and your help in navigating this new system.

T140

Expert
    1) https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/members/andronicus54.18100/
    2) the tab is there, z to see, sorry not sure what else to say. https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/classifieds/users/andronicus54.18100/
    3) no limit right now, took it off

hope that helps, pm me if you still have issues

we are still tweaking, stay tuned :)
    Sir, did you make these changes on your own? I'm like the guy above, no profile button ect. Do we need to logout and back in to see these changes? Seems things changed Sunday and nothing is where it should be?

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Sir, did you make these changes on your own? I'm like the guy above, no profile button ect. Do we need to logout and back in to see these changes? Seems things changed Sunday and nothing is where it should be?
    No profile button? upper right corner click your username, then when it pops up click username again

Andronicus54

Expert
    1) https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/members/andronicus54.18100/
    2) the tab is there, z to see, sorry not sure what else to say. https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/classifieds/users/andronicus54.18100/
    3) no limit right now, took it off

hope that helps, pm me if you still have issues

we are still tweaking, stay tuned :)
    Ok...thanks. It was very helpful for you to send me a link to my "profile page" and there I found the tab to "classified ads." But I still don't know how to get to my "profile page" from the forum. I don't see a "profile page" tab at the top. I know my "profile page" exists because you sent me the link to it. I just don't know how to get to it on my own. The only way I know how to reach my "profile page" is to go back to this message and click the link you sent me. I know I must be missing something very obvious, so I apologize for my ignorance and the trouble you are going to in order to instruct me.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    also to view your ads, click the top menu for classifieds
    yourads.png

Andronicus54

Expert
    Oh wait...I see the instructions you gave to the guy who posted after me. Now I know how to get to my "profile page" and all is well (for now). I'm sure I'll run into more technological trouble. Thanks for being there!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Sorry it's just a little different at first, we can continue to tweak the system and will.

T140

Expert
    No profile button? upper right corner click your username, then when it pops up click username again
    I don't see my username in top right as you described. Viewing on my phone if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828_102310_DuckDuckGo.jpg
      Screenshot_20240828_102310_DuckDuckGo.jpg
      425.8 KB · Views: 16

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    5 posts in a row in my feed that the system is bumping that are sold. The very reason for the new system and it's bumping sold posts on the regular

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    I don't see my username in top right as you described. Viewing on my phone if that makes any difference.
    huh
    is it the 3 dots upper right? under that menu? normally to the left of the mail icon

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    5 posts in a row in my feed that the system is bumping that are sold. The very reason for the new system and it's bumping sold posts on the regular
    my guess folks still using old urls

which will be gone - fixed soon

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    my guess folks still using old urls

which will be gone - fixed soon
    Here is another. I refreshed my new posts and this was the first post in the feed.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Your saving me lots of money, thank you!
    I know, I stopped looking at the for sale section since this was implemented. Too ugly and different on mobile, and to be honest, most of us don't check it out on a big screen.

I can't see how many messages a user has now or when he joined and that was a big thing for me. Now it's just a name w green and red "positive or negative" reviews, at least on mobile.It went from more personal posts on an ad to more modern business, which is more scammy looking to me.

I may get used to it when I have time, but I'm just too busy.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I know, I stopped looking at the for sale section since this was implemented. Too ugly and different on mobile, and to be honest, most of us don't check it out on a big screen.

I can't see how many messages a user has now or when he joined and that was a big thing for me. Now it's just a name w green and red "positive or negative" reviews, at least on mobile.It went from more personal posts on an ad to more modern business, which is more scammy looking to me.

I may get used to it when I have time, but I'm just too busy.
    Yep, I really don't "need" anything anyway.

Bay Ranger

Master
    I tried to post a new ad in the ammo for sale section. When I added a picture the system response was that the picture was too large. The picture I tried to add was a JPG file and the size was 2.2MB. The picture was taken with an iPhone and originally saved in the HEIC format. The HEIC file was then exported to a JPG format with the resultant size being 2.2MB.

The file size does not see to be very large. What is the maximum size of a picture to be added to an ad?
    Help.

For some reason I still can't attach a 2.2MB picture to an ad.
    Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 8.58.18 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 8.58.18 AM.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom