• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    OK, we worked off and on all weekend tweaking, closing this thread out, will start a new one tomorrow.
    I see ads are showing up in what's new, will figure that out. Have a small list of things to look into, we fixed the image sizing issue - too small. not an issue now. added a new way to view the ads, etc. Stay tuned. The New Thread will please be only for errors or solid feedback. Happy to keep tweaking.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    An observation: right now, apparently, as a sale thread hits 180-days, the system generates a post from what looks like the OP’s account that says “This classified ad has expired and has been removed.”

The annoying part is those newly-dead threads are populating the “Latest Posts” portion of the Forum.

A daily flash-mob of necro-post bumps to now-dead classifieds?
    this will eventually die off as newer ads on the new system do not have corresponding threads to post to. we are looking into the possibility of disconnecting the imported ads from their original threads to prevent these automated replies, but currently they're still linked data-wise. thanks

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    I like the new classifieds after you spend a little time with it you will too, or double your money back!
    Us Fudds are hard to change, I fought it at first but then after I figured it out , I like it better. Once it gets debugged It should be good to go.
    but:
    #1 How come some ads have pic's and some don't? Is there some thing we do?
    #2 Can the Green ForSale box turn to red Sold after it is marked sold? That is a must have, I would think?
    #3 Location Location Location in the thumbnail or whatever you call the money shot.
    #1, can you send me some examples so i can look into it. when we rebuilt the cache it did delete a bunch of imported images, we will probably need to look at fixing that. stay tuned
    #2, the green For Sale box is actually not a Status it's the Type of ad, so whether it's Sold or not it's still a For-Sale ad type. it is possible to add some logic and change the labeling we will look into that.
    #3, We have added Location to the ads loop

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    5 posts in a row in my feed that the system is bumping that are sold. The very reason for the new system and it's bumping sold posts on the regular
    this should die off as time goes on, the imported ads from old system are still linked to their original threads, and the system autoresponds to those. going forward new ads are not tied to threads and wont behave this way. thanks

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Another observation.

Before the rewrite, when on one of the For Sale Section sub-forums like Firearms or Ammuntion, the top-left used to have a link when you clicked the verbiage of the “parent forum”. So in Firearms, the top left said “For Sale Section”, and if you clicked those words, you went to the overall For Sale section. You could then click on Ammuntion or whatever, or just scroll back up to other forums.

Now, after this rewrite, if in a For Sale Section sub-forum, the top-left reads “Classifieds”, and when you click it, you goto a jumbled mess of every classified thread in one long list. Then the top-left of that page is “Home” which takes you to a different layout than before. You have to click the GCGF logo at the top to go back to the main overall forum and scroll down to get back to where you were.

It’s a frustrating redirect that doesn’t exist on the rest of the forum.
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I was unaware that the Breadcrumb links are not visible on Mobile. They are there on Desktop, we will get them showing on Mobile as well. stay tuned

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I was unaware that the Breadcrumb links are not visible on Mobile. They are there on Desktop, we will get them showing on Mobile as well. stay tuned
    I've got the breadcrumbs showing now on Mobile

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom