• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ctc1066

Expert
    it adopts the main forum style, like the forum homepage. However yes, let me have him darken that some not an issue. I prefer it that way also.
    And get rid of the red and green colors for buy and sell. The screen is just too busy. A bit overwhelming for a slightly ADD guy like myself. Still can't find my WTB ad and I also am told I don't have privileges to reply, etc. My profile shows my content but I cannot find my ad on the WTB forum. It is less than a week old,

Bay Ranger

Master
    I tried to post a new ad in the ammo for sale section. When I added a picture the system response was that the picture was too large. The picture I tried to add was a JPG file and the size was 2.2MB. The picture was taken with an iPhone and originally saved in the HEIC format. The HEIC file was then exported to a JPG format with the resultant size being 2.2MB.

The file size does not see to be very large. What is the maximum size of a picture to be added to an ad?

Gonzolee10

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Any chance to get the screen colors toned down to match the “Dark GCGF” style, if selected?

The classified section is now blazing white, even though the rest of the forum is predominantly dark gray tones.
    I like the dark as well. The new screen is definitely bright!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    "This classified ad has expired and has been removed."

Numerous new posts in my feed from sold items. I'd assume these are growing pains.....

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Feedback from an iOS phone access:

1) “Style chooser” at the bottom of the classified pages doesn’t matter what you choose: it’s all bright lights style.

2) Top-Left link from any of the reformatted “For Sale Sections” (Firearms, Ammunition, Nonfirearm Weapons, etc) doesn’t say/goto “For Sale Section” like it used to. Now it goes to “Classified’s”, which sucks because then it just jumbles all of the classified threads into one long list.

3) If you get an alert from an old for sale thread, and you click on the link, it goes to an older-format thread. Then, if you click on the “For Sale Section” verbiage at the top left, it takes you to the “previous format” section, except it’s all outdated threads that have the “this thread is expired and closed” last post.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    More feedback:

4) Where are the “sticky” threads? For instance, the “Across State Line Sales” thread.

If you click that link, you goto the thread, old format, and if you click the “For Sale Section” link top left, you’ll see the archived old version where apparently sale threads go to die? (See my #3 feedback above)

But how would you find that “Across State Line Sales” thread without a direct link or a direct search, right now?

Or even the “For Sale Section Rules” thread?

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Working out the kinks now, had to fix something behind the scenes. Will reply more tomorrow. I have a way to maybe bring back the old view only to browse though. Stay tuned.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    An observation: right now, apparently, as a sale thread hits 180-days, the system generates a post from what looks like the OP’s account that says “This classified ad has expired and has been removed.”

The annoying part is those newly-dead threads are populating the “Latest Posts” portion of the Forum.

A daily flash-mob of necro-post bumps to now-dead classifieds?

ctc1066

Expert
    Bumped my WTB ad then tried to edit. Hit save and was told I needed to choose Ad Type. The button for that is not active so it would not let me save changes.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    maybe I'm missing something but when I view the list of classified ads I don't see locations. Only after clicking on an ad do I see the location map.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Still working on things, will add a easier to find search, and will create a forum to send all ads so folks that want to browse the ads the old way can.... also going to redirect the old ad links to the new. will look over the rest of what folks posted today tomorrow

Pandatac37

Expert
    That sucks the Tapatalk version of classifieds is gone for mobile, any alternatives for a mobile app being worked on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    "This classified ad has expired and has been removed."

Numerous new posts in my feed from sold items. I'd assume these are growing pains.....
    That is the new "SOLD" post that brings it all back to the top that is so frowned on by some. Why just use one word when you can use "This classified ad has expired and has been removed" instead?

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I like the new classifieds after you spend a little time with it you will too, or double your money back!
    Us Fudds are hard to change, I fought it at first but then after I figured it out , I like it better. Once it gets debugged It should be good to go.
    but:
    #1 How come some ads have pic's and some don't? Is there some thing we do?
    #2 Can the Green ForSale box turn to red Sold after it is marked sold? That is a must have, I would think?
    #3 Location Location Location in the thumbnail or whatever you call the money shot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom