Got it, the switchback .22 can. Talk me out of it, too late...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master

Or send one you already own to a smith to chop it to 3”, threaded.

Apparently, Ruger says 3” is the sweet spot of still reliably cycles with most ammo, yet short enough to comfortably have a suppressor live off the end of it.

Grumpy’s in Texas seems to have good reviews:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Or buy a new upper with whatever bells and whistles add-ons:

Luckly I've got a few pistols, rifles that are threaded. Need to get the can first!
    Don't know how good it would work on my 22 mag, but any reduction would be nice. 16 inch cmr.

FelixH

Expert
    I picked up my Q Erector yesterday afternoon. We got to put just a handful of rounds through it before meeting some friends for dinner.
    Using CCI mini mags, in the straight-out-of-the-box config, it was still a little louder than I'd like. I added the 3 additional baffles that came in the box and it is nice and quiet now! It's super light, which was a consideration. I wanted my wife to be comfortable shooting it on a pistol in the longest config.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I picked up my Q Erector yesterday afternoon. We got to put just a handful of rounds through it before meeting some friends for dinner.
    Using CCI mini mags, in the straight-out-of-the-box config, it was still a little louder than I'd like. I added the 3 additional baffles that came in the box and it is nice and quiet now! It's super light, which was a consideration. I wanted my wife to be comfortable shooting it on a pistol in the longest config.
    So the total lenght?? Still on the fence about them both. Poi shift?? Need more reading on poi shift on both.

Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    So the total lenght?? Still on the fence about them both. Poi shift?? Need more reading on poi shift on b
    7-5/8" is the total length , and 2.6 oz on my scale.
    Not sure about POI... just popped a few rounds into the dirt to hear what it sounds like.
    Maybe I can punch some paper this weekend.

redline

Shooter
    Since all my "cans" are for self-defense or plinking, not a huge concern about .5" accuracy at 50'. I have two lesser expensive cans from a company (veteran owned) that apparently went under. 9mm and .22 caliber. Shame. Modular so can chose your length and decibel tolerance. Have a JK Armament .45 Versax sitting at local FFL awaiting "permission" to pick up (received yesterday at FFL). My experience with the two cheaper suppressors is that they both work very well and I use them in the shortest configuration that isn't hurtful to my already damaged hearing. The .22 with subsonic is quieter than my pellet gun. LOVE plinking with it on my GSG 1911 style pistol or Ruger 10/22 tactical. Can throw a lot of rounds down range very quickly and quietly. The subsonic rounds have cycled through all my firearms without fail, including a Japanese made "Browning SA-22. Just sayin'... Can't wait to fit the .45 Versax to my Ronin .45; but it will feed all my threaded barrel firearms, but probably won't mount it to an AK, even though it is good for "every handgun caliber plus with 300 Blackout, 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM, and more. It’s rated for sporting use on 223/5.56, 44 Mag, 45 Colt, and 45-70 Gov’t on up to 300 Win Mag..."

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    7-5/8" is the total length , and 2.6 oz on my scale.
    Not sure about POI... just popped a few rounds into the dirt to hear what it sounds like.
    Maybe I can punch some paper this weekend.
    Thanks! That would be a big help. I'm guessing it's rated for 22 mag? It just says .22 on the advertising and not for 5.7. Also not having an outer shell it might get pretty hot?

Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    Thanks! That would be a big help. I'm guessing it's rated for 22 mag? It just says .22 on the advertising and not for 5.7. Also not having an outer shell it might get pretty hot?
    Yep, the metal is very thin, and there's no outer tube, so it probably heats up very quickly. By the same logic, though, it should cool off pretty quickly. My only concern with it might be durability since the metal is very thin. But mine is going to live most of its life in a drawer on a foam pad until the occasional garden pest requires dispatching, so it shouldn't get knocked around much.

FLT

Master
    Less exposure lead, and no bullet lube .

Top Bottom