Got it, the switchback .22 can. Talk me out of it, too late...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I’ll take it out next Saturday to try it out at my father-in-laws property. I’ll let you know. I’ll need to sight a couple things in and plink around with it.
    Try it yet??

Should be ordering the switchback later this week. Was looking for a Gen 1 figured they would be cheaper but no luck. Same price, lol.

FelixH

Expert
    We shot a couple mags into a paper target with the Q.
    No noticeable POI change with the pistol at 20-25 ft. At that distance, the gun is still more accurate than I am.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    We shot a couple mags into a paper target with the Q.
    No noticeable POI change with the pistol at 20-25 ft. At that distance, the gun is still more accurate than I am.
    Good to know. Thanks. May change my mind again. The no 22 mag is blocking me from getting it. Not that it would be quiet, just quieter.
    No where does it say rated for 22 mag in the company's literature. Says ".22" Just NO 5.7 or full auto. Suprisingly no videos of anybody shooting 22 mag thru it???
    Would a binary trigger be considered fa????
    Also can see 0 reason to use 22 mag subsonic. Might as well use .22 lr. Unless there's a 60 gr 22 mag?

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Setting my atf and silencer co account, later this week.
    ** also no reply from Q regarding my questions, so guessing it's a NO on 22 mag and binary.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Looks like $687 total. Wow.
    May be a local charge for paperwork. Can shows on backorder. I had set aside $700 for this, pretty good guess.

Screenshot_20240625_130818_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

m4a1sof

Expert
    I'll say it one more time and then I'll shut up :)......Dead Air Mask HD.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Not sure what you mean by "tune it". The thing about that is the shorter the barrel the more your going to need the longer suppressor version of that modular one to keep it quiet. Shorter barrels need more volume, longer barrels need less volume. So sorta defeats what I assume is the reason people want those adjustable suppressors is maybe to use the short version on a pistol and the long version on the rifle, but with the short version on the pistol your giving up quietness. Maybe I'm totally wrong about why people want adjustable suppressors, I'm a simple guy, all I know is that five inch Mask works like a charm on every different barrel length pistols and rifles I've tried it on. I never owned a modular one but some people I know that do say they never use the shorter versions on either their pistols or rifles because the main goal is quietness.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Not sure what you mean by "tune it". The thing about that is the shorter the barrel the more your going to need the longer suppressor version of that modular one to keep it quiet. Shorter barrels need more volume, longer barrels need less volume. So sorta defeats what I assume is the reason people want those adjustable suppressors is maybe to use the short version on a pistol and the long version on the rifle, but with the short version on the pistol your giving up quietness. Maybe I'm totally wrong about why people want adjustable suppressors, I'm a simple guy, all I know is that five inch Mask works like a charm on every different barrel length pistols and rifles I've tried it on. I never owned a modular one but some people I know that do say they never use the shorter versions on either their pistols or rifles because the main goal is quietness.
    Tune, meaning the shortest that dosent make my ears bleed. Seems like it would be useful to be adjustable.?

Themumfordman

Master
    Not as much as you’d think, at least from my experience. YMMV.

Honestly if it’s a good quality suppressor you’re going to find it’s much more helpful to play with various ammo to “tune” rather than be constantly trying to adjust the length and baffle count of the can. I tend to feel those “modular” cans aren’t necessarily as durable long term either - more modular parts means more potential points of failure, at least that’s how I look at it.

Top Bottom