GOA suing FL over Open Carry Ban & Under-21 Carry Ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miami_JBT

Expert
    Earth to GOA, it's Gun Owners of America... NOT Florida, smell the coffee!!!

My rights are FARRrrr better represented here than other places, so leave me out of the myopic frothing at the mouth blinder wearing self serving zealot thing.
    I am the FL Director, my role is to expand and restore Floridians' Second Amendment rights.

My fellow State Directors in other States are fighting similar battles. We have lawsuits filed in New York, Illinois, New Mexico, California, and soon to be in Massachusetts.

And you have no right in Florida, you simply have a privilege. Something the legislature can take away.

Danielp40

Expert
    I think some within this chat should form their own organization… maybe call it Fudd Owners of America. You guys could all get together and talk about how glad you are that you can still own your lever actions after they get all of the others.

And for those who are saying that Florida ain’t the fight, and that we should be spending our dollars in California, well I live here. Why shouldn’t it be the fight? I’m actually quite thankful to the GOA for bringing the fight to tyranny anywhere. Here’s a novel idea, two things can be done at the same time. And that’s exactly what GOA is doing. I haven’t seen the NRA do anything much other than finance Wayne’s lavish lifestyle and oppose most advancements of our rights.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I think some within this chat should form their own organization… maybe call it Fudd Owners of America. You guys could all get together and talk about how glad you are that you can still own your lever actions after they get all of the others.

And for those who are saying that Florida ain’t the fight, and that we should be spending our dollars in California, well I live here. Why shouldn’t it be the fight? I’m actually quite thankful to the GOA for bringing the fight to tyranny anywhere. Here’s a novel idea, two things can be done at the same time. And that’s exactly what GOA is doing. I haven’t seen the NRA do anything much other than finance Wayne’s lavish lifestyle and oppose most advancements of our rights.
    10 years 187 posts ....thanks for all your help .....respectfully MR . Fudd

Danielp40

Expert
    10 years 187 posts ....thanks for all your help .....respectfully MR . Fudd

Thank you for making my point for me, Mr. Fudd. You got me so good. You’re proposing that you’ve advanced the 2A community in some great way by spending every waking moment on your local gun forum. Meanwhile, some have lives beyond this local forum and have pretty well abandoned it because of the weariness that comes along with arguing with old fudds who think they’re still living in the golden age of NRA hunting ads. Keep up that forum post count. Having an opinion on every subject obviously means a lot to you.

Last edited:

B52

Master
    Now that the ATF was smacked down for their illegal restriction of the second amendment (IE FRT and bump stocks). Can we smack down the RINO's (which is the entire FL state legislature) in Florida's state government for their 2A illegal laws?

DustyDog

Master

Yep... I picked up on the NRA's game over thirty years ago... trying to make a life-long career out of one step forward, two steps back. I pictured them laughing all the way to the D.C. steakhouses with the very same politicians they were "fighting".

As for Cali, I lived there for a short time (not nearly long enough) in the early-mid '60s, and it was the Golden State. My grandparents had a home in the foothills in Sherman Oaks (think: Mulholland Drive : )... homes on one side of the street, and nothing but a desert valley on the other side. We'd walk across the street and shoot across the valley :)

But those days are gone. Yes, I feel sorry for the freedom-lovers still scattered around the state, but with a super-majority now voting democrat, just how much does anyone think we would need to donate to "save them from themselves"?

I don't have a calculator handy, so I'm going to take a stab at it and just say... an infinite amount. States like that are just going to have to learn the hard way.

DustyDog

Master
    Now that the ATF was smacked down for their illegal restriction of the second amendment (IE FRT and bump stocks). Can we smack down the RINO's (which is the entire FL state legislature) in Florida's state government for their 2A illegal laws?
    Too late for the primary, but their guides can be a little helpful when making comparisons (not 2A-centric, but still... )

https://floridafamilyaction.org/

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Luis, aka Miami_JBT, is not some random dude on the internet.

Luis and GOA are doing what should have been done perhaps fifty years ago... that is... fighting back regardless of the topic. Had people fought back then, like Luis does now, I doubt very seriously we as gun owners would be behind the 8-ball like we are now.

Just because TOPIC A does not directly appeal to YOU, it does not mean it can't benefit you in the long run.

As I see it, the other side has exploited the differences within the gun-owning community quite well... it even shows in this thread.

I think open carry is foolish... but I support it as it simply adds back one more aspect of our rights.

As the State Director, Luis' fight is right here in Florida dealing with Florida-specific issues.

I think some of you folks are completely missing the end-game objective.

B52

Master
    Luis, aka Miami_JBT, is not some random dude on the internet.

Luis and GOA are doing what should have been done perhaps fifty years ago... that is... fighting back regardless of the topic. Had people fought back then, like Luis does now, I doubt very seriously we as gun owners would be behind the 8-ball like we are now.

Just because TOPIC A does not directly appeal to YOU, it does not mean it can't benefit you in the long run.

As I see it, the other side has exploited the differences within the gun-owning community quite well... it even shows in this thread.

I think open carry is foolish... but I support it as it simply adds back one more aspect of our rights.

As the State Director, Luis' fight is right here in Florida dealing with Florida-specific issues.

I think some of you folks are completely missing the end-game objective.
    So you'er secretly ok with the cops harassing open carry citizens, because it's foolish. Where I'm from, open carry is common as having a coat. No one takes a second look.
    I believe you probably think that open carry gives away some mythical tactical advantage. Your statement of "Open carry is foolish" undermines sincerity of your entire statement.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    So you'er secretly ok with the cops harassing open carry citizens, because it's foolish. Where I'm from, open carry is common as having a coat. No one takes a second look.
    I believe you probably think that open carry gives away some mythical tactical advantage. Your statement of "Open carry is foolish" undermines sincerity of your entire statement.

Where does my post about open carry being foolish, from a tactical standpoint it is, mention anything about LE?

By the way you just proved my point.

B52

Master
    Where does my post about open carry being foolish, from a tactical standpoint it is, mention anything about LE?

By the way you just proved my point.
    See you post below. Open carry is done by cops and military. I doubt they would gain tactical advantage by carrying concealed. Maybe you could explain how hiding a gun prior to using it is an advantage?

Posted by Bowhntr6pt
    "Luis, aka Miami_JBT, is not some random dude on the internet.

I think some of you folks are completely missing the end-game objective."

Top Bottom