GOA suing FL over Open Carry Ban & Under-21 Carry Ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Exactly.

But as you can see, in typical internet gun board fashion, some people make more of a to-do over what you don’t like vs. what you support.

I don’t care about differences in “likes “ among us gun owners/supporters, I care more about actually supporting each other.

A concept quite foreign to some here.
    Just as i said here posts ago.....i am not sold on the idea of open carry , i am pretty sure i will not BUT i will not vote against the law allowing it . My concerns are weapon retention and i do not want to draw [pun] undue attention to me .
    I swear you both are of the same mind but somehow it looks like you disagree while I'm reading these posts on the forum.

You both are Pro Open cary, but wouldn't do it personally. Neither one of you would be against Open Cary being legalized.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I swear you both are of the same mind but somehow it looks like you disagree while I'm reading these posts on the forum.

You both are Pro Open cary, but wouldn't do it personally. Neither one of you would be against Open Cary being legalized.
    Yes that is my opinion / belief . I have no desire to buy all new gear ,weapons ,ammo and accessories for open carry when it passes , i am happy carrying my lil snubskis hidden .

Bowhntr6pt

Master

Correct… each person should do what they feel gives them the best advantage to survive an encounter.

DustyDog

Master
    I feel like a group hug is in order…
    Just keep in mind that I wouldn't have a discussion with someone whose opinion I didn't respect, my hope being that someone might poke a hole in my argument if it's susceptible, so that I can make the necessary adjustments going forward. Of course, those hopes were dashed this round :)

As an aside, it's funny to me when people ("conservatives", especially) "criticize" the U.N. by saying something along the lines of "The U.N. is in danger of becoming nothing more than a debating society!"

Well, that's exactly what the U.N. should be! It shouldn't have any enforcement authority. It should be nothing more than a venue for attempting to resolve differences verbally.

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Not a fan of Yankees... which, being from Miami, I used to consider anyone from Orlando/north to be... but:

RaySendero

Shooter
    Concealed Carry has advantages as does Open Carry. Both need to be fully legal in Florida. Both are tools to keep in the toolbox. Use different tools for different purposes.

Exactly !!!

Disappointed with the pure selfishness of some here,
    Who don't even have any irons in this fire!

I don't care to OC, but support other's rights to do so.
    Good examples of innocent citizens being abused by this law.
    GOA member and glad they are taking up this fight.

GOA is fighting - Get on the train or get out of the way

DustyDog

Master
    Shout out to all those on the Hindernet helping me refine my "Concealed vs. Open Carry" argument! :)

It's not EITHER/OR and it's CERTAINLY not "Civilian" vs. LEO.

It's WHERE and WHEN, e.g., even ON-DUTY COPS should not carry openly in a CROWDED, ROWDY BIKER BAR... not a good "tactical" choice.

99% of criminals are looking for UNARMED victims, which concealed carriers APPEAR TO BE... which makes YOU a potential TARGET.

Your WATCH can make you a target. Your CAR can make you a target. Your PURSE can make you a target. I could go on, but, do you conceal THOSE when you go out in public??? Why worry only about your defensive weapon "making you a target"?

And who ever saw a mass shooter wait in his car in the parking lot until an open carrier walks by to "shoot first"? Or maybe people think they just head into the grocery store and walk the aisles looking for open carriers to "shoot first"... you know, BEFORE opening fire on the UNARMED. DOESN'T HAPPEN, at least not more than some fraction of 1% of the time.

And let's take that further: If 50% of the people were open carrying, who exactly are they going to "shoot first"??? They would more likely, in fact, PACK UP and GO HOME.

Remember: They prefer "GUN-FREE ZONES", which any place with concealed-only carry APPEARS TO BE.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Florida allows open carry when hunting and fishing, I don’t really see a reason to open carry any other time.
    I really don’t care to be around some kid with a Glock in a thigh holster and an AR slung over his shoulder.
    My biggest problem with it is if you see some guy walking down the street with a gun, how do you differentiate between a bad guy and some guy that’s just looking for attention?
    Not to be taken personally but whenever anyone brings something like this up….

So, I’ve noshit rusted through a m&p, it’s Glock-finish over stainless, being against my body.
    And it’s a furnace outside.
    And I do my own yard work.

How exactly am I expected to conceal carry a handgun wearing a pair of speedos when I mow my yard?

Also I shoot a 4” l frame revolver better than almost anything with two exceptions, how does one conceal one of those minus a two sizes too large jacket?

And being armed is actually a very real concern for me. I’ve encountered an uncountable number of snakes in my back yard in the last decade,
    Last year my immediate next door neighbor blew away their junkie customer(my wife and I heard it happen), and that’s all never mind the take home threats I receive at work(and it’s more than most are willing to accept).

My options are currently:
    Try to half ass hide a gun that’ll rust everywhere it touches my body,
    Go unarmed while I deal with wildlife/environmental/lifestyle threats,
    Be illegal because I have a j frame in a safari land owb.

Someone with a ar sling over their shoulder is making a statement. Actual bad guys have it hidden somewhere or shouldered and shooting.
    Like seriously, I don’t think there’s an over abundance of everyone mistaking cowboys for meth addicted cartel mules in Texas and Arizona, no idea why we think fl would be different

MAXman

Master
    Everybody run down to Acadamy and get one.View attachment 499707
    Try figuring out a way to carry a handgun with a properly fitted internal frame pack, under load, with waist and chest straps buckled.

About the only ways are chest rig, ankle or drop thigh.

Since I’m not dragging along a 30-30 or fishing pole on a ruck hump…. I have one option that is basically un-accessible with 50 pounds lashes to your torso.

Thanks fl, and it’s sensible freedom loving gun restrictions.

Welldoya

Master
    Try it in city limits 500 feet from a high school, get back to me
    So it’s a law now that you can open carry on your own land but a new law will say that you can REALLY FOR SURE open carry on your own land?
    People will always be extra cautious when a school is involved.
    I’m not that rabid about it either way. I don’t really want open carry but it won’t ruin my life if it passes.

Top Bottom