• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    This thread got infinitely more interesting. How bout them E bikes, am I right?

Check out the QuietKats... that's the ones I'm familiar with and they are pretty awesome!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    The Quiet Kats are awesome. I would like to have one, but they are a little pricey!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought a Dyna Lion fat tire ebike from Amazon four months ago. It is a pedal assist or throttle bike with 4 inch tires and rear rack included. It has two large batteries mounted on the frame that can be switched independently with a key when one runs low. I rode it 68 miles one day,and still had half a battery left. I have put about 650 miles on it since purchased, and no problems so far. Heavy duty frame, front fork shocks. It should work nicely for hunting,

Can you share the model number/name or any other specs to look it up? I couldn't find it, and the closest match on the dynalion site doesn't seem to be available. My Google-fu is off, I guess.

Thanks to this thread, I've been down the rabbit hole of e-bike conversion kits and battery solutions like the rechargeable tool batteries from HomeDepot or dedicated cylindrical removable bikemotor batteries or whatever. Just skimmed the surface. Lots of info out there. The idea of modifying a current mountain bike with a new wheel (or two), a controller, some handlebar stuff, a sensor or two, a battery, etc.... ending up with a DIY relatively quiet powered version of your bike? Sounds fun.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A moped is still the winner

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A moped is still the winner

Maybe if it looked like this:

IMG_7201.JPG

... but even that one was French, so still not a clear winner.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Can you share the model number/name or any other specs to look it up? I couldn't find it, and the closest match on the dynalion site doesn't seem to be available. My Google-fu is off, I guess.

Thanks to this thread, I've been down the rabbit hole of e-bike conversion kits and battery solutions like the rechargeable tool batteries from HomeDepot or dedicated cylindrical removable bikemotor batteries or whatever. Just skimmed the surface. Lots of info out there. The idea of modifying a current mountain bike with a new wheel (or two), a controller, some handlebar stuff, a sensor or two, a battery, etc.... ending up with a DIY relatively quiet powered version of your bike? Sounds fun.
    My son is neck deep down that same rabbit hole. Necessity is the mother of invention, and he's a broke student living in a super big city in South Florida. He's toying with the drill powered idea right now

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-010840_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210730-010840_Chrome.jpg
      263.3 KB · Views: 66

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My son is neck deep down that same rabbit hole. Necessity is the mother of invention, and he's a broke student living in a super big city in South Florida. He's toying with the drill powered idea right now

Yeah, while researching all of the suggested models, I kept finding the cheaper DIY options.

Like any other DIY-vs-commercial decision, there are pros and cons to each. Seems like the number and variety of options have ballooned in the last year.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You're absolutely correct. I never had or even rode a MoPed. OTOH, I've certainly had more than my share of Harleys.
    There's nothing saying you can't have more than one pony in the stable! I'm on my third Harley. But even Harley used to make itty bitty bikes too. Back then Harley recognized that it was about the ride and having the right tool for the job. Nowadays they are about $30,000 bikes that cost almost as much as my first house. A little excessive, and out of touch with the common man. I think the Harley executives realized that, and thats why Harley dealerships started selling electric mopeds in the dealerships a couple years ago

Last edited:
    Top Bottom