Anyone check ammo shelves after last night's disaster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Just wondering....been busy working

Mullet Hunter

Master
    I watched the PSA website sell almost out of most of their stock...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yep. been buying ammo all day. walmart in Destin has everything they carry in stock, not much of a section but not much of a run on it either.

flyandscuba

Master
    Ruger & S&W stocks rose significantly today -- while the rest of the market dropped about 300 points. Ammo will increase in price and become more scarce...law of supply & demand. I'm at the Tulsa Gun Show this weekend -- and it is the largest gun show in the world. Once we set up the tables on Friday afternoon, I'll walk some of the show floor and report on the prices I'm seeing on ammo, "black/tactical" weapons, and magazines. I'm only guessing -- but I wouldn't be surprised to see 15% or greater increase over pre-election prices.

I rec'd several email blasts of "sales" from CDNN, Academy, Gander Mountain, etc today...

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Well Obama hasn't bothered with the second amendment that much other than making the one statement regarding bringing back the AWB. That being said I'm sure hopeing that statement was a political smoke ring and not viable... Fingers Crossed!

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Was at Walmart(9:00am) first thing this morning I asked the lady by the ammo if they had any left,she replied I am the first one that mentioned ammo to her and she has been there since 5:00am.

Went to outcast to shoot the shit and look to see what pistols they had in right before closing,they said they sold no AR's today,just a very few pistols...

ksenter

Master
    almost makes you think that........

you guys are the crazies?

no one else has mentioned ammo, but the gun forum members have a thread going only hours after the election?

calm down guys. its all gonna end in december according to the mayans anyway.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

no one else has mentioned ammo, but the gun forum members have a thread going only hours after the election?

You worry about the things you love... and I love gun and shooting guns :D.

I bought the last 2 100 round boxes of federal 9mm at my walmart, and i bought 4 more bricks of federal .22lr to add to the stash.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not sure about that MH, Finestien introduced an assault weapon ban for him today! and Hillary told the UN the US would discuss the small arms ban

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Wally in Navarre had a decent amount of stock yesterday. Wally in GB shelves were stock full of everything, and I loaded up.. Better to have and not need than to need and not have

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Good link Clay, helped someone like me who is politically slow have a better understanding.

Fupagunt, I am with you... the last time I waited, and ammo was hard to find forever. This go around I am stocked up.

MIAMI MATT

Banned

Yea how crazy am I for wanting to have ammo for my guns and posting that on a gun forum? OH YEA! because exactly 4 years prior no one had any. Crazy would be predicting the end of the world based on a group of (extinct mind you) Naked dudes in the jungle carving rocks....I have seen ammo disapear under identical circumstances involving the same individuals, now tell me more about the mayans that told you their secret...I'll wait to hear all about it..

Clay

Master
    Stock up on .22lr and have a few Ruger 10/22 or other reliable .22's....round is cheap, any shot to center mass will screw your day up, head shots will kill instantly, ammo is plentiful and if you start laying down lead most won't know what the hell you're shooting. MM, Ksenter is being sarcastic about the Mayans, I'm guessing.... I think that having a ton of ammo is great, right up until the point you have to evac your home and you can't transport your safe and pallets of ammo. I'm realistic, have bug out bags and plan on stealing and taking what else you need along the way. I'll be in the mountains, far away from here if it comes to that, which it will not IMO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom