Anyone check ammo shelves after last night's disaster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Good point on the .22lr Clay. You seem to make a lot of good points.

Thanks Ian, I talk to mentally ill people all day which helps the cause, you sort out what the crazy shit is and what actually makes sense...then meet in the middle =) Srsly, when the comet comes you guys are welcome to board at our house...HAHAHA

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks Ian, I talk to mentally ill people all day which helps the cause, you sort out what the crazy shit is and what actually makes sense...then meet in the middle =) Srsly, when the comet comes you guys are welcome to board at our house...HAHAHA

So, since you talk with us mentally ill folks all night, is this kinda like charity or pro-bono work?

Clay

Master
    So, since you talk with us mentally ill folks all night, is this kinda like charity or pro-bono work?

Good question,.I'll have to figure out a way to bill God

ksenter

Master
    Yea how crazy am I for wanting to have ammo for my guns and posting that on a gun forum? OH YEA! because exactly 4 years prior no one had any. Crazy would be predicting the end of the world based on a group of (extinct mind you) Naked dudes in the jungle carving rocks....I have seen ammo disapear under identical circumstances involving the same individuals, now tell me more about the mayans that told you their secret...I'll wait to hear all about it..

I guess you skipped right over the sarcasm of my post. well done

wildrider666

Master
    Never keep all your eggs in one basket. Never keep all your baskets under one roof. Always stash a couple eggs in separate places in case you need them while "out and about".

Mother Hen

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Ran to Academy tonight to get my kids some shoes for school and saw quite a few shopping carts with boxes of ammunition in them. Decided to check out the ammo isle and sure enough it was getting depleated. I walked past one dude that had two or three boxes of each handgun caliber they sell.

I plan to hit up Walmart this weekend if anything is left.

XD45

Master
    same here love to shoot and need ammo to do it

bought 4 more bulk packs 22 as well and will be buying the same over the next year as i have been for years now ,

it is like gas

it will get used no matter how much you have on hand one way or the other (target practice or hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

22s are the only store bought ammo i have to seek out

ps

alot of people talk of hitting the mountains if shtf,,,,,, you all do know that if you dont know someone up there real good there not going to want new people just popping in to use up there resources doctors could be let in im thinking or someone that would be useful but im thinking a lawyer might be a hard pill to swallow , and like said your only going to be able to take what you can carry anyway so 22s are the guns to have if need be , it can fit most any bill when called upon

im just saying

Last edited:

Stagman

Master
    Went to Campbell's Hardware in Robertsdale yesterday at 10am and they were swamped they said it has been that way all morning but its a combination of the election and the fact that gun season starts soon. I went to buy .223 ammo to shoot today and the were sold out of the PMC bronze which they had a good bit of the Friday before the election and I noticed they had a sign that said 10 boxes per customer

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I'm stocking up on primers, powder, brass, and hulls. I've got a few garbage bags full of hulls, but I lack brass in a few of the calibers. I've got several hundred pounds of lead, but I need more jacketed rifle bullets. Hopefully rifle bullets won't dissappear from Natchezss, Midway, and the like. I've noticed powder has gone up as well.

XD45

Master
    so far wm has had lots of ammo no limit as of yesterday

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    I snagged 500 rds of federal .223 at wm on blue angel for 170.00 thats as good as bulk prices in my eyes.

SAWMAN

Master
    While you guys are looking at the ammo at WM take a look at the gun turnstyle. They have a DPMS and a Oly Arms in there for <$700 each. That might be a great investment also.

Also...... if anyone is looking for larger quanities of powder I will be putting up some for sale in the near future. All rifle,lots of variety. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom