• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    denmark to tax farmer's cow & pig fart emissions beginning 2030

rossi

Master
    So, if reelected, how will JFB figure Cow and Pig Fart Taxes? The farmers with the most gaseous Cows and Pigs will be taxed at a higher rate.

THEY MUST PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!

I think JFB and John Kerry should personally calculate the flatulence in order to maximize the monetary benefit to the country!

I know John Kerry is qualified!
    United_Nations_General_Assembly_35049.jpg-85f2e-889396403.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    451781149_352062824607998_551106743772032311_n.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    452809040_815184770743816_2438135200967493609_n.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    It is true that while there are no significant emissions from electric vehicles that most electricity production does release CO2 and other products from combustion. But, and there a big but here, It is still more efficient to do as shown above relative to emissions. Individual internal combustion engines powering separate vehicles are not as efficient as are turbine powered produced electricity. In theory there is supposed to be less carbon emitted.
    A big problem with all of the EV mandates is I doubt that current infrastructure is sufficient to allow each home owner to charge up their EV. EV being an electric vehicle. To set it up so everyone can charge up their EV every night I think would require more capacity for the power companies and change out of transformers up and down the line to the utility poles. I have seen no calculations for rewiring america.
    Maybe the $200 billion or so that we have wasted in Ukraine or what was left in Afghanistan might have been enough to pay for some of what needs to be done.
    But how much do we really gain?
    Google AI claims: Despite the major energy losses, a power plant is still more efficient than a car's engine. Recall that an internal combustion engine loses around 80% of the energy that goes into it. A coal-burning power plant loses around 68% of its energy
    So we save 12% less combustion of carbon fuel. Not very much seems to be saved.

But the power plants do use natural gas that is cleaner and it is possible to have scrubbing of flue gases if the power plant is retrofitted.
    Post-combustion
    In this process, CO2 is removed after burning the fossil fuel. CO2 is captured ('scrubbed') from the exhaust (or 'flue') gases. This is the method that would be applied to most conventional power plants as it can be retro-fitted.

But none of this retrofitting free either.

ABlaster

Marksman
    It is true that while there are no significant emissions from electric vehicles that most electricity production does release CO2 and other products from combustion. But, and there a big but here, It is still more efficient to do as shown above relative to emissions. Individual internal combustion engines powering separate vehicles are not as efficient as are turbine powered produced electricity. In theory there is supposed to be less carbon emitted.
    A big problem with all of the EV mandates is I doubt that current infrastructure is sufficient to allow each home owner to charge up their EV. EV being an electric vehicle. To set it up so everyone can charge up their EV every night I think would require more capacity for the power companies and change out of transformers up and down the line to the utility poles. I have seen no calculations for rewiring america.
    Maybe the $200 billion or so that we have wasted in Ukraine or what was left in Afghanistan might have been enough to pay for some of what needs to be done.

But the power plants do use natural gas that is cleaner and it is possible to have scrubbing of flue gases if the power plant is retrofitted.

I read in one of the car magazines that an EV has to travel 60,000 miles before it becomes more “green” than an internal combustion engine.

There’s also the fact there isn’t enough raw materials in the earth to replace the current number of cars with EV’s, so a lot of someones are just going to go without.

For the record, I’m not pro nor anti EV. I’ve even considered buying one to do “in town” errands, but for trips it would always be gas.

.22 cents

Master
    1726573240579.png

Snake-Eyes

Master

The mining for the stuff that makes the EV batteries, the lower “lifespan” of those batteries vs a well-maintained internal combustion engine, the exponential increased need for electricity society-wide, etc.

EVs are not a singular sustainable or “cleaner” answer. They are one more option, that’s all. An addition to the toolbox, not a wonder tool to replace all others. In many instances, they are worse than current options.

Where they shine: LOCAL emissions are reduced. That’s it. The survival time sitting a running EV in a closed garage is much longer than doing the same thing with a gas-powered car. Immediate location has lower emissions.

And THAT is exactly the short-sighted and self-centered mentality of most libtards today who champion the EV revolution. It’s good for the EV owner and everything immediately around the EV, so it must be better, right?

Until it spontaneously catches fire in a freak lithium battery accident….

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    The mining for the stuff that makes the EV batteries, the lower “lifespan” of those batteries vs a well-maintained internal combustion engine, the exponential increased need for electricity society-wide, etc.

EVs are not a singular sustainable or “cleaner” answer. They are one more option, that’s all. An addition to the toolbox, not a wonder tool to replace all others. In many instances, they are worse than current options.

Where they shine: LOCAL emissions are reduced. That’s it. The survival time sitting a running EV in a closed garage is much longer than doing the same thing with a gas-powered car. Immediate location has lower emissions.

And THAT is exactly the short-sighted and self-centered mentality of most libtards today who champion the EV revolution. It’s good for the EV owner and everything immediately around the EV, so it must be better, right?

Until it spontaneously catches fire in a freak lithium battery accident….
    See a few no ev parking garages. Maybe pcola airport. Have to look next time.

.22 cents

Master
    photo_2024-09-17_20-47-12.jpg

1726626065446.png

MarkS

Master
    We saw a bunch of EV.s while we were out west this past May. Saw quite a few charging places next to gas stations that had a bunch of E.V.s plugged up charging while there occupants were sitting around, waiting on their cars to charge so they could continue their journey. Saw several that had past us on the interstate but had to stop for a charge while we just got gas and were able to get back on the road

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    We saw a bunch of EV.s while we were out west this past May. Saw quite a few charging places next to gas stations that had a bunch of E.V.s plugged up charging while there occupants were sitting around, waiting on their cars to charge so they could continue their journey. Saw several that had past us on the interstate but had to stop for a charge while we just got gas and were able to get back on the road
    americans hate waiting, i just don't see ev being a viable solution

Top Bottom