Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Agriculture Commissioner will Disregard Governor's Order.

BluesBrother

Marksman
Reaction score
Not every Florida politician is looking to pay tribute to Rush Limbaugh.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried announced Monday that she would disregard an order by Gov. Ron DeSantis to lower flags in the state to half-staff to pay tribute to Limbaugh, the conservative firebrand radio host who died last week after a battle with lung cancer.

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool,” Fried, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh — because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

This woman was the only dem elected in a field of Republicans for the position. Among her responsibilities, is the CCW permit program and how it's administered. Remember her name the next time you vote the position. If she will disregard the governor's order to show respect, she will disregard your right to a CCW permit. IMO
1614063324269.png

Snake-Eyes

Master
Reaction score
Hunh. Yet she was fine with lowering the Flag for every piece of shit politician who died in the last few years.

The real news will be how many of the "offices under her direction" choose to follow the Governor OR that joker-faced pot-head.

Boardfeet

Shooter
Reaction score
She put her picture on the inspection stickers that were placed on gas pumps when she first took office.
Not exactly sure who did it but she was forced to remove the photo from the inspection stickers.
Libretard

Here it is.

Uilleam

Expert
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
She also wants to reduce the renewal period for the CWL from 7 years to 5 or 3 I think. Can't find the news article about it.

FrommerStop

Master
Reaction score
I agree that the flag shouldn't be lowered as she stated, but I disagree with a direct order being denied.
I am not really sure about what the legalities are of flag lowering. I assume the governor has the authority to declare it. I also do not know if Nikki the B____ has the right to refuse to obey the governors order.
With Limbaugh he was a personality that had a popular radio program that exposed a unique conservative point of view. I am not sure if that makes him a hero. I assume he made a good income and is to be congratulated as a business model in that industry. I would say the same if some liberal mass media commentator had a flag lowered for them.
When driving I have my radio set for two different points of views. Limbaugh's program or similar on the AM channel and NPR on the other. When BS gets too heavy on one channel, I switch to the other. Both points of view are heavily slanted on many things and trying to figure out what is true is not easy for me. Only a fool believes all without question of what he hears, regardless of the grandeur of the speaker.
I personally use to like Paul Harvey and 'the rest of the story'; I would lower a flag for him a lot faster than i would for many others .

Below true in 404-323 BC and still true true today.
1614098777182.png

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom