Target Sports

Agriculture Commissioner will Disregard Governor's Order.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Not every Florida politician is looking to pay tribute to Rush Limbaugh.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried announced Monday that she would disregard an order by Gov. Ron DeSantis to lower flags in the state to half-staff to pay tribute to Limbaugh, the conservative firebrand radio host who died last week after a battle with lung cancer.

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool,” Fried, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh — because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

This woman was the only dem elected in a field of Republicans for the position. Among her responsibilities, is the CCW permit program and how it's administered. Remember her name the next time you vote the position. If she will disregard the governor's order to show respect, she will disregard your right to a CCW permit. IMO
    1614063324269.png

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hunh. Yet she was fine with lowering the Flag for every piece of shit politician who died in the last few years.

The real news will be how many of the "offices under her direction" choose to follow the Governor OR that joker-faced pot-head.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She put her picture on the inspection stickers that were placed on gas pumps when she first took office.
    Not exactly sure who did it but she was forced to remove the photo from the inspection stickers.
    Libretard

Here it is.

Uilleam

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    She also wants to reduce the renewal period for the CWL from 7 years to 5 or 3 I think. Can't find the news article about it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree that the flag shouldn't be lowered as she stated, but I disagree with a direct order being denied.
    I am not really sure about what the legalities are of flag lowering. I assume the governor has the authority to declare it. I also do not know if Nikki the B____ has the right to refuse to obey the governors order.
    With Limbaugh he was a personality that had a popular radio program that exposed a unique conservative point of view. I am not sure if that makes him a hero. I assume he made a good income and is to be congratulated as a business model in that industry. I would say the same if some liberal mass media commentator had a flag lowered for them.
    When driving I have my radio set for two different points of views. Limbaugh's program or similar on the AM channel and NPR on the other. When BS gets too heavy on one channel, I switch to the other. Both points of view are heavily slanted on many things and trying to figure out what is true is not easy for me. Only a fool believes all without question of what he hears, regardless of the grandeur of the speaker.
    I personally use to like Paul Harvey and 'the rest of the story'; I would lower a flag for him a lot faster than i would for many others .

Below true in 404-323 BC and still true true today.
    1614098777182.png

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think if a person has been awarded the National Medal of Freedom it should carry a bit of recognition. To be clear its a Governor's Order, he could send State police to enforce it.

Fried was a Lobbyist for the Boward County School Board (the same one that put in place policies to precent LE processing of school crimes IOT lower crime statistics falsely claiming programs reduced crime to get Grant money), also was a marijuana industry lobbyist). Her Pro pot position is what got her elected. Now, she's pushing for pot legalization (recreational pot) ad that may well get her reelected.

She's could be a cse study in how politicians enrich themselves (shhh.... secretly):

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    "I think if a person has been awarded the National Medal of Freedom it should carry a bit of recognition. To be clear its a Governor's Order, he could send State police to enforce it."

Thanks wildrider666. I forgot to mention that point. That is a national recognition. Not just Floridians would disagree with fried on the issue. I would love, love, love if the Governor sent the State Police to make sure enforcement was carried out.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "I think if a person has been awarded the National Medal of Freedom it should carry a bit of recognition. To be clear its a Governor's Order, he could send State police to enforce it."

Thanks wildrider666. I forgot to mention that point. That is a national recognition. Not just Floridians would disagree with fried on the issue. I would love, love, love if the Governor sent the State Police to make sure of enforcement was carried out.

That could certainly be a double edge standard. How many of the below recipients would you lower a flag for.

Awarded by Barack Obama
    Barack Obama awarded 118 medals between 2009 and 2017.
    see for full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    That could certainly be a double edge standard. How many of the below recipients would you lower a flag for.

Awarded by Barack Obama
    Barack Obama awarded 118 medals between 2009 and 2017.
    see for full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients

Aren't most standards double edged? Probably most on obama's list I wouldn't lower the flag for. However, that's not going to take them off the list is it? My point at hand is let's not start the double edge with Rush.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    During my flag flying years,my flag was raised,lowered,and flown at half staff AT MY DISCRESSION.
    MANY TIMES my flag stayed at full staff when somebody "declaired" that it be lowered to half.
    Many times my flag was displayed at half staff due to a certin event in MY life or in rememberance of one of my "brothers" who nobody ever heard of before and has no clue what he sacrificed for our freedoms.
    ---- SAWMAN

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I think a mustache would only help that face. At least she has got knockers (My sexist statement for the day lol).

View attachment 110066

So do bovines. She doesn't need a broom. She has LBJ ears that can do the job. WOW distinctive feature shaming. If I were her I wouldn't wear hoops to draw attention. Okay, Okay, lets get back to voting her OUT next election cycle! I think she runs again in 2022.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So do bovines. She doesn't need a broom. She has LBJ ears that can do the job. WOW distinctive feature shaming. If I were her I wouldn't wear hoops to draw attention. Okay, Okay, lets get back to voting her OUT next election cycle! I think she runs again in 2022.
    I swear it does help her appearance lol
    Nikki F _LI.jpg

Top Bottom