• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Shipped my FLIR thermal sight back to FLIR. It would no longer hold a proper battery charge, and they are going to make sure the latest software is installed (all under warrantee).

Worked UP or should I say DOWN some VERY mild .32 revolver loads for my wife. She shoots a .22lr revolver OK and wants to slowly work up to something more powerful and is VERY afraid of recoil. Her goal is something she can shoot on her own around the farm against whatever "vermin" are present. Lightest listed .32 H&R magnum loads for 85 to 100gr lead bullets were in the 2.5-2.9gr of Bullseye range. I was able to get down to 1.6gr Bullseye with a 90gr swc lead bullet and have 100% function. 1.6gr would bury the bullet in a 2x4; 1.5gr would leave half the bullet sticking of the 2x4. Told her it feels like 2 .22lr going off at once. The "serious" loads she will ultimately use zip the 90gr swc lead bullet right through the 2x4. She's taking it real slow; at least she wants to learn (her coming across a rattle snake while picking berries helped her along). With a revolver there's no having to load it; it can always be ready to go with no fumbling or safety to manipulate; keep it simple.

I keep a .22mag lded with mag ratshot near the door for snakes..
    she cant miss with that...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That sure is purdy. I wish I could afford to take your 92G off your hands. I already have a 96G. I could always use another Beretta in the collection.
    I have a WC 92G, and a regular 92G. I might sell the non-WC gun, and get another WC. No idea, 92Gs are probably not going, nor the BCM. The Smiths are definitely going though. Lol! They don't fit into my new DA/SA mode.

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Been a busy week for me.

Sold an AR, bought some ammo (thanks again, Dante)
    JWLineman let me borrow a mag carrier. (Thanks again, Justin)

Basically was in a scramble because my better half surprised me with a pistol course for my B-day up at CORE. The usual instructor was in the hospital, so they had a gentleman by the name of Gilbert Perez fly down from Tennessee last minute. I had heard he was like 3rd in the world at combat pistol shooting, or something like that, and let me tell ya... this guy is fast. It was a great 8 hour course, which I hope to use as a jump off point to get in to idpa/uspca/steel matches.

Now I need to track down a vickers slide release, and some aftermarket sight. Contemplating an extended mag release as well. My little thumb can't work the stock mag release worth a damn.

Overall, a successful week.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Been a busy week for me.

Basically was in a scramble because my better half surprised me with a pistol course for my B-day up at CORE. The usual instructor was in the hospital, so they had a gentleman by the name of Gilbert Perez fly down from Tennessee last minute. I had heard he was like 3rd in the world at combat pistol shooting, or something like that, and let me tell ya... this guy is fast. It was a great 8 hour course, which I hope to use as a jump off point to get in to idpa/uspca/steel matches.

Now I need to track down a vickers slide release, and some aftermarket sight. Contemplating an extended mag release as well. My little thumb can't work the stock mag release worth a damn.

Overall, a successful week.
    Gilbert was at the GA State match last weekend. I didn't get to see him shoot, but a guy in my squad knew him and said he was pretty darn good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TN has some pretty fair competitive shooters. They can hold up their end of the log. Best bring your lunch if you go to the SE Regions in any shooting sport. The TN shooters will show up and they will not be slackers. The 12 states of the SE, field some of the most competitive shooters in the world, IMO, and that level of competition produces some serious matches, with national and international match implications.
    Ed

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been a busy week for me.

Gilbert can shoot. Matty got out of the hospital yesterday, picked something up doing flood clean up in Baton Rouge and it kicked his ass for the week.

On topic, I test fired my Wilson CQB that just came back from having the trigger redone and a new thumb safety installed.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I felt like crap all weekend, so I didn't get out to the range like I had planned (even if the weather would have allowed me to do so). Instead, I sat on the couch and sorted about 100lbs of brass into .45/.40/.355 variants. Once that was done, I started tumbling all of the .355 variants, then sorted them by cartridge. I've still got about 4 gallons left to tumble and sort. Anyone need any 9x21 or 38 Super?

Oh, and spent a little time at the work bench. I worked up a few more 38SC loads to test, experimented a little with moving the thumb rest around on my open gun, and stippled the undercuts on the trigger guard since my weak hand index finger kept sliding around.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Put new shoes on the factory 92G
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473188410.794120.jpg
    Now, if I could only find a px4 subcompact for sale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473188410.794120.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473188410.794120.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 139

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's purdy Dan!

Shot some new loads over the chrono this past weekend. Looks like Titegroup and 231 are the winners. Both shot super consistent, felt great, and easily made 130+ power factor. Time to start production loading. Also ordered some USPSA cardboard targets & a shock bottle hundo gauge.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's purdy Dan!

Shot some new loads over the chrono this past weekend. Looks like Titegroup and 231 are the winners. Both shot super consistent, felt great, and easily made 130+ power factor. Time to start production loading. Also ordered some USPSA cardboard targets & a shock bottle hundo gauge.

You'll love that Hundo gauge, especially if you use Dillon/MTM ammo boxes.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was dragging my feet to buy a Hundo, but gauging 100 rounds in the barrel just for load development pushed the pissed off meter up high. Got the MTM Ammo Box Combo from Academy with 10 100ct boxes for $29! That's way cheaper than buying the boxes separately.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well I got Scope Faced today after all the years of snickering whenever it happened to someone, finally bit me betwixt the eyes .
    Let me impart a "consumer warning" for Y'all. If you have a (let's say 30-06 Thompson encore rifle) with a nice Limb saver A4 style collapsible stock , and have the rifle sandbagged and shooting up a storm. Then all the recoil and adjusting with sand bag accidentally engages the stock release lever,(unbeknownst to moi) recoil collapses stock at 2650 fps (I'm just guessing sawman)>> instant scope in the face . I Think I will look for a different stock , I do like the Factory wood, (Sorry Dante) I may have one around here somewhere.

Attachments

• 071.JPG
      071.JPG
      41.2 KB · Views: 153

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I got Scope Faced today after all the years of snickering whenever it happened to someone, finally bit me betwixt the eyes .
    Let me impart a "consumer warning" for Y'all. If you have a (let's say 30-06 Thompson encore rifle) with a nice Limb saver A4 style collapsible stock , and have the rifle sandbagged and shooting up a storm. Then all the recoil and adjusting with sand bag accidentally engages the stock release lever,(unbeknownst to moi) recoil collapses stock at 2650 fps (I'm just guessing sawman)>> instant scope in the face . I Think I will look for a different stock , I do like the Factory wood, (Sorry Dante) I may have one around here somewhere.
    Sorry to hear that. You just need a stock that locks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom