• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Woohoo! I need a faster finger. Works better with 40gr round nose. Had some molding sprues in the mag. Most are cleaned out now. Need to pull apart and go over. If you have lots of pesty .22 you need to get rid of, this will help. Im gonna do a post later about the pros/cons of this thing.
    20240508_185904.jpg

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Digging for something else and found this. Who put this in my console?? Who cares, have you looked these up?? Wth?
    I think I have one of those or something that looks a lot like it. It isn't in my console, I think it is next to the blade that goes with it.

I stunk up another .22 match this morning. I was 2 10s out of a 3rd place finish. I did take the time to sight my rifle in with the ammo I am using, now I don't have to use holds. 2 more chances to take the pot and 1st metal from the place holder. Pot is big enough now to get serious on the trigger ;) .

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Strong day.
    I picked up this Forster measure stand cheap. It has a flat surface instead of a hole and I thought it would work better. I brought it to my buddy' to get him to mill it to fit this Harrell's Powder measure I have. It was just slightly bigger than the flat in the stand. Nice radius he did
    374865d1484340300t-some-home-protection-i-m-worried-about-crime[1].jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

now it wont slip around on shims on the ones with the hole.

We each ordered the Curved linkage for our Co-Ax presses and I picked those up. I should get these fat fingers in there a little better now.

IMG_2143.jpg

He finished pulling almost all of the .223 he needed to get done. I knocked out primers and chamfered primer and we swaped spots to keep it from being so boring. We must have done a couple K. He like my Hornady Cam Lock puller so much he ordered him one and I was able to rescue mine. He has a NIB RCBS he thinks he will sell now.

Way over in the corner in the shelf next to his work bench...I spotted these puppies...stole them fair and square.
    IMG_2145.jpg

7 boxes left in the brick

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Traded my Black Kimber K6S TLE for a nice K6S with Night Sights and an extra set of Kimber wood grips, I just prefer the stainless look over the all black one, I don't know why, but I have always preferred the nickel or stainless over a blued revolver.

IMG_0685.jpeg

Last edited:

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I have one of those or something that looks a lot like it. It isn't in my console, I think it is next to the blade that goes with it.

I stunk up another .22 match this morning. I was 2 10s out of a 3rd place finish. I did take the time to sight my rifle in with the ammo I am using, now I don't have to use holds. 2 more chances to take the pot and 1st metal from the place holder. Pot is big enough now to get serious on the trigger ;) .
    What rifle are you shooting? Glass? Ammo? I have a weakness for accurate .22lr

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I usually shoot recreationally at 50 yards but been shooting .22s at 100 yards for a month or so. I tried this Mauser DSM34 with a zf41 scope Sunday. A target rifle it ain’t but fun to shoot. The scope is only 1 1/2 x but better than nothing. the rifle was sighted in at 50 yards so at 100 it was shooting about 8” low. Bottom group and aiming point was the top target. I increased the elevation and shot the top group which was just a little high of the aiming point.
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I usually shoot recreationally at 50 yards but been shooting .22s at 100 yards for a month or so. I tried this Mauser DSM34 with a zf41 scope Sunday. A target rifle it ain’t but fun to shoot. The scope is only 1 1/2 x but better than nothing. the rifle was sighted in at 50 yards so at 100 it was shooting about 8” low. Bottom group and aiming point was the top target. I increased the elevation and shot the top group which was just a little high of the aiming point.
    I am using a CZ 455 Varmint. It has a mid range Vortex on it that is 14X. Ammo is still up in the air, I was using some older Tenex I had a couple bricks of. I sighted it in the other day with some even older Eley Benchrest Gold I have. It doesn't like the S-K I had on hand that my old Savage Anschutz likes so much.

Rifle requirements are... magazine fed sporting rifle with a 2.5# trigger. I can use the single shot block in it though. Most of the targets are pencil erasure sized or smaller. One set of them were match sticks and flies.

Last edited:

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    IMG_1571.JPG

Has this ever happened to you? You start buying guns and then you realize it's a collection. I told the wife it's my friend Daezee's fault (She gives me that look like I'm 12 year old) but it is. He introduced me to the Swiss SIG P49 (9 O'clock position) and I had to have one.
    Then Ubers Lock & Gun had the SIG 210 Target (12 O'Clock position) for a deal I couldn't refuse. Next, I found a Belgian SIG P49 (3 O'clock position). The price was so good. I saved money buying it. We all know the dangers of the internet.
    Last is the US Army SIG M17 Exchange. About 10 years ago the Army wanted the M17 to have black controls, not the FDE M17 pictured at 6 O'clock. SIG traded the old Army M17s FDE guns for new M17s with black controls. Then SIG sold the FDE guns to civilian markets for twice the civilian MSRP. With that kind of operation I don't how SIG stays in business.
    Anyway, I wonder who else here has had this happen.

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Has this ever happened to you? You start buying guns and then you realize it's a collection. I told the wife it's my friend Daezee's fault (She gives me that look like I'm 12 year old) but it is. He introduced me to the Swiss SIG P49 (9 O'clock position) and I had to have one.
    Then Ubers Lock & Gun had the SIG 210 Target (12 O'Clock position) for a deal I couldn't refuse. Next, I found a Belgian SIG P49 (3 O'clock position). The price was so good. I saved money buying it. We all know the dangers of the internet.
    Last is the US Army SIG M17 Exchange. About 10 years ago the Army wanted the M17 to have black controls, not the FDE M17 pictured at 6 O'clock. SIG traded the old Army M17s FDE guns for new M17s with black controls. Then SIG sold the FDE guns to civilian markets for twice the civilian MSRP. With kind of operation I don't how SIG stays in business.
    Anyway, I wonder who else here has had this happen.
    And, if I remember correctly, your P49 was issued to a Swiss Army paymaster.

Reactions: B52

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Are large primers always preferred? Got some reloading stuff from Daezee and I’m researching and taking it slow. I know there’s two things not to rush, my wife and explosives.
    I would say if your loading singles...no. If you are loading all large primer cases and a small gets in the mix with a 1050...when it makes that pop noise...I get a funny taste in my mouth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom