• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    With all this Truck Gun talk inspired me to finish my 10.5" Pistol Build in .223. Attached is the Gemtech M4-02 Suppressor. Gemtech recommends min 10.5" barrel with there can. Gonna take it up to the property tmr and test her out.

Next is to finish my 16" 300 Blk Out. Already have a 10.5" SBR but had to have a 16" also...

21bot3n.jpg

15ebmfa.jpg

Here is a pic of the 16" 300 BO. Trying to decide to paint the hand guard Dark Parkerizing Gray with some Aluma-Hyde from Brownells. I have to cans of this stuff. I painted a 9mm suppressor in FDE with this stuff and it does very well.

Would you leave the hand guard black or paint to match?

6f9gti.jpg

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Finished my first AR build after the mailman came today. 10.5" barreled upper with key mod rail on a Aero precision lower with Spikes parts kit. Also a KAK buffer tube and shockwave blade but the machine marks inside the buffer tube are absolutely terrible. Feels like gravel in the action. I met up with DAn1612 to let him feel it and he agrees it is not up to par. He did give his blessing to my newly acquired WASR AK though. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some good news about returning the buffer tube. Here is a pic of the new buffer tube. This is un fired but I did work the charging handle probably 100 times hoping it would smooth out.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finished my first AR build after the mailman came today. 10.5" barreled upper with key mod rail on a Aero precision lower with Spikes parts kit. Also a KAK buffer tube and shockwave blade but the machine marks inside the buffer tube are absolutely terrible. Feels like gravel in the action. I met up with DAn1612 to let him feel it and he agrees it is not up to par. He did give his blessing to my newly acquired WASR AK though. Hopefully tomorrow I will get some good news about returning the buffer tube.
    Did you order your KAK tube from them or pick it up local? Mine seems fine, spring and buffer smooth in mine.
    Edit: there is some pitting inside the buffer tube.
    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I ordered it so we shall see what happens. I have another 10.5 pistol with the KAK tube that I bought complete and it is night and day different. It feels way different when you stick your finger in the tube as well as when you work the charging handle. Here is a pic of the tube that came on the pistol I bought from another member a couple months ago. I was told this pistol was only fired about 40 rounds to test function. I have not fired it.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went up to property today and bush hogged and after I got done Daezee showed up and we did a little shooting.

The BW MP5 shot like a dream ran 9mm subsonic through it with an Korean MP5 mag that I already had. They also work well on my MP5K build. Bruce noticed on the mags that came with the BW MP5 that it was marked Made in Germany wow what a bonus... Two Original HK mags came with the BW MP5 those suckers aren't cheap.

Shot the 10.5" .223 Pistol with the Gemtech M4-02 ran great also.

I will be ordering some more 4th Gen KCI mags from HKparts.net

Bruce also brought his Sig MPX we ran some of my 9mm Subs to see if they would work. No Issues noted...

6faza0.jpg

znmt60.jpg

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Also a KAK buffer tube and shockwave blade but the machine marks inside the buffer tube are absolutely terrible. Feels like gravel in the action.

Thats unsat for a NEW tube. You may have got a recycled return, material too soft or the tooling was very dirty. These marks also create anchor points for other debris. Send KAK a pic and your invoice number, they should make that right.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Went up to property today and bush hogged and after I got done Daezee showed up and we did a little shooting.

The BW MP5 shot like a dream ran 9mm subsonic through it with an Korean MP5 mag that I already had. They also work well on my MP5K build. Bruce noticed on the mags that came with the BW MP5 that it was marked Made in Germany wow what a bonus... Two Original HK mags came with the BW MP5 those suckers aren't cheap.

Shot the 10.5" .223 Pistol with the Gemtech M4-02 ran great also.

I will be ordering some more 4th Gen KCI mags from HKparts.net

Bruce also brought his Sig MPX we ran some of my 9mm Subs to see if they would work. No Issues noted...

6faza0.jpg

znmt60.jpg

Now that BW MP5 was nice to shoot. It shot right on for me when I did my part right. Trigger pull was better than some MP5 types I've shot before. Looks nicely made too.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Purchased a Tanfo Stock 2 from Bud's, should be here Wednesday. Sold a Glock 19 w/ Burris FF 3 Red Dot and trying to sell the venerable Glock 34.

My wife said I'm worse than a woman with purses. Geez, that kinda hurt!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sold a race holster this weekend and ordered a pair of new shooting shoes last night. I like my Salomon Fellraisers, but they aren't waterproof in any way, shape, or form. My socks get wet from any sort of dew or wet ground I walk on. My new ones are Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX's, which have a Gore Tex membrane. I'm just hoping they'll be halfway breathable so they aren't too hot during the summer.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ordered a Nikon M-308 to go on my savage hog hunter, so I can move the 4-12 prostaff to my new RAR .243. This wal-mart clearance did some damage.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Just sold my Nagant revolver to a guy in Atmore. Needless to say, I made a road trip this morning. A local Pawn and Gun shop did the transfer for us. The downside was my poor little MINI got peppered with bugs. Not to fret, they are cleaned off now.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold a race holster this weekend and ordered a pair of new shooting shoes last night. I like my Salomon Fellraisers, but they aren't waterproof in any way, shape, or form. My socks get wet from any sort of dew or wet ground I walk on. My new ones are Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX's, which have a Gore Tex membrane. I'm just hoping they'll be halfway breathable so they aren't too hot during the summer.

Do you find the shoes really make a difference? Its a hard sell on me for ~$100 shoes just for shooting!

Although this dude just arrived today and it was substantially more than a pair of shoes.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do you find the shoes really make a difference? Its a hard sell on me for ~$100 shoes just for shooting!

Although this dude just arrived today and it was substantially more than a pair of shoes.

Looks great! Let me know what you think after you shoot it.

As far as the shoes, I got tired of sliding when I tried to stop with my old, worn out Vasque trail running shoes. A lot of the ranges around here are red clay/sand/dirt, so you need something more aggressive than normal sneakers to get good traction. When the Vasque shoes started falling apart, I bought a pair of Salomon Fellraisers ($70ish?) because they're lighter and supposedly more breathable than the SpeedCross 3's. Unfortunately that breathability comes at the cost of getting wet very easily. If you're not concerned about water, there are tons of different options out there with some aggressive tread, for less than $100. I've been looking at Saucony, Innov8, Asics, Adidas and others, mostly around the $80-90 range, but none of them had any water protection. Amazon had the Speedcross 4 GTX's on sale for $120 last night with a free pair of merino wool socks, so I decided to go ahead and order them. They've been at $160 for the past few weeks.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ordered an H&K P30s V3 (DA/SA with manual safety) .40 S&W from Bud's today. I love the feel (and look) of these guns but don't care much for DA/SA, so it'll be carried cocked & locked.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Nice Witness! I picked up this one a couple of years ago. pix326707681.jpg

Attachments

• pix326707681.jpg
      pix326707681.jpg
      36.3 KB · Views: 328

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Taking advantage of the cooler weather in the morning. Last time I was shooting my 300 BO 10.5" Suppressed they ran great stayed subsonic and were very accurate but did not lock the bolt back after the last round. So loaded just 20 rounds of 300 BO with 9.2 grs of 5744 and a 200 gr power coated bullet. Hope they stay subsonic and lock the bolt back. I started with 10gr of 5744 and they ran good but was on the border of breaking the sound barrier. A very neat sound with you shoot around 50+ yards and the bullet decides to break the sound barrier right before it hits the target. Hard to explain the sound shooting suppressed. I just find it neat.

This is what I like about reloading is the testing and trying. Probably gonna go back out to the shop and load some 44 mag with some lilgun next also need some more made up

2e6g1h5.jpg

Freedom Pills.

351zszs.jpg

Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tenn - I might just have to order a pair. Hopefully there is a local place with some in stock to try on. Or just get some cheapos at Acadmey.

War-dog - I sure love the gun so far! Have only dry fired but it fits my hand so nicely. DA has a bit of stacking along with being very heavy, but SA is pretty freaking nice! Got some goodies on the way to help but first need to polish the bits. Working up some loads for it tomorrow morning and hope to run the chrono this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom