• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the range a few days ago to check the sights on my target pistols. 25 yards from a rest and I think the 38 special is dialed in.

20160816_155547.jpeg

Colt 1911 45acp gold cup slide with Wilson Combat match barrel shooting 230 grain ball

M52.jpeg

S&W Model 52 38 special factory specs shooting 148 grain full wad cutter flush seated

M41.jpeg

S&W Model 41 factory specs shooting 40 grain match 22lr

Attachments

• 20160816_155547.jpeg
      20160816_155547.jpeg
      231 KB · Views: 290
    • M52.jpeg
      M52.jpeg
      153 KB · Views: 302
    • M41.jpeg
      M41.jpeg
      164.7 KB · Views: 353
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Recently, I picked up a Bushmaster A3 Patrolman upper from Dante. Well, I have already made it into an almost functional AR. I had a PSA lower laying around along with a bunch of spare parts. I ordered a Model 1 Sales CAR stock assembly and it arrived today. Tonight, I started working on the lower build right before dinner and finished it up shortly after dinner. I am missing on crucial item - the BCG. I will get one of those soon enough. If someone has a phosphate M16 type BCG they want to donate, I would not turn it down. :smile: This is AR #45 now.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ Too easy! Congrats.
    Today, I ordered proper furniture for my BCM dissipator. It's a shame for it to wear those nasty Moe rags when BCM makes such nice garb nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Looking forward to seeing the BCM when you get it done.
    Thanks, It'll be sweet! Mod 3 Grip, Mod 0 stock, Mod 3 VFG, gunfighter triggerguard, MI-SS19 handguard, battlecomp 1.0, LMT match trigger, ambi safety, Matech rear, and the new Vortex SPARC AR.

Oh, I also ordered a 10rd mag for the Rem700, and got a bipod for it yesterday.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thanks, It'll be sweet! Mod 3 Grip, Mod 0 stock, Mod 3 VFG, gunfighter triggerguard, MI-SS19 handguard, battlecomp 1.0, LMT match trigger, ambi safety, and the new Vortex SPARC AR.

Oh, I also ordered a 10rd mag for the Rem700, and got a bipod for it yesterday.

Nice list of goodies. That will be an impressive Dissy.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally got my Fail Zero - BCG in and installed it. Then I got a new 12ga Shotgun from a cousin that had just bought it a week ago and ran into some money trouble.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Donated a couple A2 grips to a buddy of mine, he's doing some pretty cool stuff.
    01f95fa7123ee784115f99d2b22de5cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll be super excited when melting plastic grips is no longer a trend.
    Awe...it's functional and "tacticool" man! I personally like it in some applications. There are some that's too much though.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Donated a couple A2 grips to a buddy of mine, he's doing some pretty cool stuff.
    01f95fa7123ee784115f99d2b22de5cd.jpg

Looks like a lot of work. I used to have a big stockpile of A2 grips from LPKs. In the past couple of years, It has dwindled down to only three now. I thought at one time that I would never be able to get rid of them. I am glad that I did not sell them or give them away. They have come in handy. It is nice to see that you are giving someone the opportunity to do something with the grips you are not using.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I finally received the wood stock kit I have been waiting on. I have already done the sanding and have just finished applying the 3rd coat of Watco Danish Oil. I have one more coat to do tonight and then the wood has to set/cure for 24 hours before I can install the pieces. Once that is done tomorrow night, I can apply the Feed-N-Wax (beeswax/orange oil) conditioner/polish. I should have pics up sometime late Wednesday morning.

We are still waithing for pics of your "Woody".

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Well me and a friend went to the county range to shoot some skeet Thursday, had a good time shot 227 skeet ,took about 1 1/2 hours at the most, it was hot and we had enough for the day. (Thank God) Went in to pay the lady, asked if they still offered the military discount, "Yes we do." Great how much we owe you? She figures it up and says " That will be $113.50 " WOW ?

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Thats the county for you , probably buy the clays from the highest bidder. BTW there was no one else waiting or shooting any on other stand

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today I put together the latest 1911 custom build, an SS combat commander done up end to end, got the engraved grips and slide back from Drew, it looks pretty sharp, with the inital plate inlaid in the right stag panel of the Puma knife, plus the SF school Dive Bubble engraved on the new model Puma sheath which matches the coffee colored holster, custom fitted mags engraved and the El Paso holster rig. Now I need the leather belt engraved plus the mag pouches back, engraved. The glass top display case replacement is on its way, first one did not look right, Drew did a great job on the glass but I just did not like the way the case looked, so I ordered a larger, new one.
    Ed

Top Bottom