• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm with you guys. Been selling off unused/unwanted stuff to clean out the safe, buy some things I do want/need, and push some cash back in the bank.

All told I've sold about $2k worth of sorted gun goods and bought $1k, so I can out on the right side this time! Can't wait for the new bullets to come in tomorrow and gotta get a powder order in, but can't figure out which powder I want!

Tenn - You outta come out to Austin for the Stoeger class next February, I'll be signing up soon.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm with you guys. Been selling off unused/unwanted stuff to clean out the safe, buy some things I do want/need, and push some cash back in the bank.

All told I've sold about $2k worth of sorted gun goods and bought $1k, so I can out on the right side this time! Can't wait for the new bullets to come in tomorrow and gotta get a powder order in, but can't figure out which powder I want!

I typically buy a couple different types of powder locally, test them, then place a large order for the one that works the best.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got 1lb of WSF, 231/HP-38, and several pounds of WST. I'm going to load up enough to run chrono testing for PF & accuracy with the 124's along with running some drills with each to see what I like.

It's just a PITA to get that kind of time to live fire. I have to nail it down by early next month to be mental happy with my equipment before the Gator.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went to go shooting and found someone had taken 2 SIG MPX magazines and my prescription sunglasses from my unlocked car. Deputy just left after taking the report and dusting for finger prints. Neighbor had weird stuff taken too. 4am heard sound of a door shutting and one inside and one outside dog alerted. Told them to stop and went back to sleep.

1) Lock car doors.
    2) Do not ignore dogs.

Had an Okaloosa county Sheriff come by the house a few days ago asking if we have seen anything 'suspicious' . There's been a rash of items stolen from cars in the Poquito Bayou area. Same story at yours, seems to be around the 4AM time frame. For reasons that Sawman mentioned, I try not to leave things in the car that could tip off folks that there are guns in the house. But when you live #thepewpewlife it's hard to catch everything. Hats/shirts/towels with logos, targets, boxes with pasters.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Had an Okaloosa county Sheriff come by the house a few days ago asking if we have seen anything 'suspicious' . There's been a rash of items stolen from cars in the Poquito Bayou area. Same story at yours, seems to be around the 4AM time frame. For reasons that Sawman mentioned, I try not to leave things in the car that could tip off folks that there are guns in the house. But when you live #thepewpewlife it's hard to catch everything. Hats/shirts/towels with logos, targets, boxes with pasters.

My wife and I have now visited our neighbors to let them know. They were appreciative. 3 have been leaving car doors unlocked (that has been immediately changed). 2 already keep their car doors locked.

Lens Crafter's Pensacola manager was real nice to me. She said she'd like to see the theft report number as proof and then they'd make me a new pair of glasses at 50% off (same as employee discount)...glasses were cheaper than when I got them the first time. They made the new glasses while my wife and I ate dinner out.

johnhilterman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent a few hours at the range today with my chrono working up a load for my CZ-75 Shadow. Zero 147g JHP over 3.5g of N-320 gave me an average PF of 128.9 and great accuracy. Started at 3.3g and stopped at 3.7g with no signs of pressure problems (3.9 is max for N-320). Waiting for my order of Xtreme 147g HPs to come in so I can evaluate them as well. Fun!!!!

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my new Lee Classic Turret press in today! Primers and powder on order, bullets will be ordered tonight! Looking forward to this journey into reloading.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang I haven't seen those jet tag things for ever. Used to use them for keychains. Now I feel like I need to order some.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang I haven't seen those jet tag things for ever. Used to use them for keychains. Now I feel like I need to order some.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    6 pack of plastic chamber plugs and a 6 pack of the key chains. Drill some holes.......Amazon, they make all kinds of sayings on them I always loose just the plugs, maybe these will hang around for a while.
    ab9c400b2c55a460a0891eea68db27b8.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    got in some live fire drills at ergc today. drills went well 300 rnds. here is the interesting note. Murphy's law , had a squib. ( my hand loads) POP instead of bang. Checked barrel, sure enough slug was in barrel. But so was the unburnt powder???? my only conclusion, it was supper hot the day I loaded these rounds. I was wiping the sweat off my hands and face as I was loading. loaded 1k that day. progressive press, but I don't have the bullet feed hooked up. Having to set each bullet keeps me focused to inspect the charge in every case. I suspect a drop of sweat ran down my hand into the case. Primer went POP logging bullet and powder in the barrel. another lesson learned.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    watched you tube videos while it rained on loading/coverting brass for 300AAC...did some research on powder and bullets so now I will ruminate on it until I get the itch for real...also ordered some ammo from Freedom munitions .223 and 300AAC as I need ammo and the brass for future reloading plans.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to load up some .308 Barnes TTSX and sight in 3 rifles next weekend to get ready for hunting season, it's going to be a gun filled week no complaints here.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I spent most of Friday and Saturday sorting and tumbling brass and cleaning up my gun room. It's pretty much always a work in progress, but it has been a wreck for the last 6 or 8 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I finally received the wood stock kit I have been waiting on. I have already done the sanding and have just finished applying the 3rd coat of Watco Danish Oil. I have one more coat to do tonight and then the wood has to set/cure for 24 hours before I can install the pieces. Once that is done tomorrow night, I can apply the Feed-N-Wax (beeswax/orange oil) conditioner/polish. I should have pics up sometime late Wednesday morning.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I finally received the wood stock kit I have been waiting on. I have already done the sanding and have just finished applying the 3rd coat of Watco Danish Oil. I have one more coat to do tonight and then the wood has to set/cure for 24 hours before I can install the pieces. Once that is done tomorrow night, I can apply the Feed-N-Wax (beeswax/orange oil) conditioner/polish. I should have pics up sometime late Wednesday morning.
    I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    This morning, I made it to the range with the SIG MCX and the new wood AR. I love that SIG. I did swap the SIG trigger out with an ALG ACT and it is a world of difference. The new VORTEX SPARC AR optic works great. Adjustments were super easy. The new wood AR shot fantastic. Once I got it sighted in, I ran another 20 rounds through it just for fun. I even hit a clay that was sitting up near the top of the berm. Another stellar build.

Top Bottom