• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what I like about reloading is the testing and trying.

My thoughts exactly. I am working up loads in three different rifles right now with different powders and bullets. Sometimes you find a real winner (like last weekend) and you have to go back and confirm the results by shooting a larger group (10 instead of 3 this time). Finally getting back to working on my chronograph software for the PC. This will make the experiments even more fun.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    War-dog - I sure love the gun so far! Have only dry fired but it fits my hand so nicely. DA has a bit of stacking along with being very heavy, but SA is pretty freaking nice! Got some goodies on the way to help but first need to polish the bits. Working up some loads for it tomorrow morning and hope to run the chrono this weekend.

I'm not familiar with all the varieties of this gun, but mine is a "Witness Match" .40 s&w, Single Action only. It's a tack driver. Please let us know how yours does.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ordered a Ballistic Advantage Hanson .223 Wylde Barrel through Nate yesterday. Was told by a BA rep back in May that they were 3 weeks backordered and to click the link to be notified when they were back in stock. Kept checking every couple weeks or so and 3 months later I noticed they were back in stock. Never got an email. Oh well hope it shoots straight and that I don't regret not going with a Green Mountain Barrel.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger Ranch rifle .300 blk 16 in barrel factory ammo Barnes Vor-Tx 110 gr. Tac-tx. Three shot group 100 yards 2-7x32 scope. This little gun is a shooter.
    84708ff5e269efae8ec256e390b49c5d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sold a race holster this weekend and ordered a pair of new shooting shoes last night. I like my Salomon Fellraisers, but they aren't waterproof in any way, shape, or form. My socks get wet from any sort of dew or wet ground I walk on. My new ones are Salomon Speedcross 4 GTX's, which have a Gore Tex membrane. I'm just hoping they'll be halfway breathable so they aren't too hot during the summer.
    Well the new Salomon's aren't going to work out. I ordered them a half size bigger than my Fellraisers, but they are both smaller and narrower. I'm going to look into other options before I try a larger size.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shot 50 rounds of 308 match at the Bay County 300 yard range today (steel challenge). Time for a beer and some ice for the shoulder.

Idoono

Unclebud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the new Salomon's aren't going to work out. I ordered them a half size bigger than my Fellraisers, but they are both smaller and narrower. I'm going to look into other options before I try a larger size.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jeep, I have the salomon XA pro 3D, they offer a waterproof version, I have the regular non waterproof, and I was walking around this morning at the FOP range in which the grass was both tall and wet from dew. My feet and or socks did not get wet. May want to look at this model. I ordered from Zappos, free shipping and returns, I did have to return a pair and get a 1/2 size larger. They are easy to deal with.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jeep, I have the salomon XA pro 3D, they offer a waterproof version, I have the regular non waterproof, and I was walking around this morning at the FOP range in which the grass was both tall and wet from dew. My feet and or socks did not get wet. May want to look at this model. I ordered from Zappos, free shipping and returns, I did have to return a pair and get a 1/2 size larger. They are easy to deal with.

Thanks for the info, Unclebud. I've looked into the XA Pro 3D's, but I'm hoping to find something with a more aggressive tread pattern, similar to the SpeedCross and Fellraiser. There are plenty of options out there, I just don't want to pay for most of them...

Unclebud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info, Unclebud. I've looked into the XA Pro 3D's, but I'm hoping to find something with a more aggressive tread pattern, similar to the SpeedCross and Fellraiser. There are plenty of options out there, I just don't want to pay for most of them...

I completely understand.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went in to see Drew at Infinate Laser and picked up the display box for the son's retirement gift.
    Ed

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nike Alpha Shark. Cheap and effective. Great on gravel as well

NIKE-ALPHA-SHARK-2-3-4-719952_610_E_PREM.jpg

Attachments

• NIKE-ALPHA-SHARK-2-3-4-719952_610_E_PREM.jpg
      NIKE-ALPHA-SHARK-2-3-4-719952_610_E_PREM.jpg
      142.3 KB · Views: 230
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Today, I thought about listing my 3x M&Ps, Beretta 92G, and my BCM to fund a new toy. Easier said than done though... They're such good, solid, reliable guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nike Alpha Shark. Cheap and effective

View attachment 47113

Those look like your foot would fly out from under you the first time you stepped on a wet 2x2 fault line. How soft is the bottom/tread?

I think my top choice at the moment is this Dynafit Feline:

BLA.jpg

or possibly the North Face Ultra MT GTX:

The-North-Face-Ultra-MT_664_1_753.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not too hard. I haven't slipped yet. I like how the threads are far apart so it doesn't hold mud.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Shipped my FLIR thermal sight back to FLIR. It would no longer hold a proper battery charge, and they are going to make sure the latest software is installed (all under warrantee).

Worked UP or should I say DOWN some VERY mild .32 revolver loads for my wife. She shoots a .22lr revolver OK and wants to slowly work up to something more powerful and is VERY afraid of recoil. Her goal is something she can shoot on her own around the farm against whatever "vermin" are present. Lightest listed .32 H&R magnum loads for 85 to 100gr lead bullets were in the 2.5-2.9gr of Bullseye range. I was able to get down to 1.6gr Bullseye with a 90gr swc lead bullet and have 100% function. 1.6gr would bury the bullet in a 2x4; 1.5gr would leave half the bullet sticking of the 2x4. Told her it feels like 2 .22lr going off at once. The "serious" loads she will ultimately use zip the 90gr swc lead bullet right through the 2x4. She's taking it real slow; at least she wants to learn (her coming across a rattle snake while picking berries helped her along). With a revolver there's no having to load it; it can always be ready to go with no fumbling or safety to manipulate; keep it simple.

Top Bottom