• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Something that I heard today,but never thought about myself.

Civil Suite: If the parents of Travon file a civil suite against GZ, sure it could be easier to prove.....HOWEVER.....wont all the past evidence of Travon's gang banga past come to light for the world to see ?? Would Travons parents allow this to happen ?? To "slander" the "good name" of their "poor" little boy,that was so "unjustly" slain. I gotta believe that GZ's attorney in the civil suite would rake Travon over the coals.

What say ye ?? ---- SAWMAN

They will do it if they already trademarked his name. Its their meal ticket.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Z can still invoke his Stand Your Ground Immunity in this case (his defense was based on self defense not Stand Your Ground) if a judge finds he followed the provisions of Stand your Ground (which the Sanford police thought he did) then he is also immune from Civil cases.

At least that is my understanding of this whole mess.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    In a civil case would be counter sue? He wouldn't be in the situation had Martin not assaulted him.

Isn't that the "don't start no shit, won't be no shit" doctrine???

flyandscuba

Master
    The only one who racially profiled anyone -- was Trayvon Martin...he saw a "creepy ass cracker" as a soft/weak target and decided to commit aggravated assualt. Such profiling and assualt is exactly what would fit the definintion of a "hate crime" violating one's civil rights that they hope the DOJ would pursue against George Zimmerman. The criminal case was upside down -- with the evidence and prosecution witnesses siding with the defense. Such a federal civil rights case would be equally upside down. Any civil action would also be upside down -- and immunity should be invoked due to the self defense finding of fact by the criminal jury and the stand your ground law in Florida.

The race baiters can continue to apply lipstick to a pig as much as they want -- in the end, it is still a pig. The facts and evidence in this case will not morph into something other than what they have already proven to be.

But, to quell the public outrage that was ginned up by the race baiters and the biased media themselves -- Eric Holder and the DOJ will keep their investigation "open" for a time. I predict there will be no federal case filed, as none exists -- at least where it concerns George Zimmerman being a guilty party.

TURTLE

Marksman
    So is a civil suite possible since he was found not guilty of anything? That would be awesome but what about all this federal shit?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not for Zimmerman...

DaBreeze

Master
    What amazes me is that there are approx. 8000 blacks killed annually in the US by other blacks.
    Where is the NAACP civil suits ?

Drauka99

Marksman
    So is a civil suite possible since he was found not guilty of anything? That would be awesome but what about all this federal shit?

yes Martin's family can still take him to civil court on a wrongful death civil case... much like OJ... as i understand if he invokes Stand Your Ground he can secure imunity from a civil case if the judge agrees he was within Stand Your Ground law.

As for Federal civil rights case... I don't see as how the Fed has a leg to stand on in this case but who knows I am sure they will waste some tax payer money on it one way or another.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Yes a civil suite could happen. OJ beat the murder wrap but got nailed in the civil courts. Zimmerman can not be retried due to double jeopardy. His life/ freedom is safe but travons family can go for his $$$$$

Snow Bird

Master
    I watched some lawyers>pro<OJ Simson and some others that said the FEDS have prehaps a case and who knows on the cival case and it was 50....50 on weather anyone would bring a case. Most were leaning on NOT from the FEDS. I say he was found not guilty and let it go at that as far as the GOV. is conserned. A civial case may be brought and that will be another fight. It will cost alot of money but I would think he has a pretty good legal fund by now as he had 250,000 at the start of the trial so he probally won't have any money out of pocket in the end.I am pretty sure he will get many more donations before this is over. If they do get a judgment aginst him it is only a judgment an nothing will ever get paid because he dosen't have anything. Alot of people will make money over this as there are book deals in the works but alot of people will live in fear,From Z to those women on the jury.Fear lasts 24 hours a day and people shouldn't have to go through that no matter what the verdit was.

Seanpcola

I just gotta pass this on from a Zimmerman discussion on another forum. I had to laugh my ass off when I read it. The subject was Obama' statement that if he had a son he'd look like Trayvon, blah blah blah.

A member posted this in reply:

Quote:
    If Obama had a son he would be setting up a solar corporation to steal taxpayer dollars before going backrupt instead of getting caught with burglar's tools in his school locker...

:high5::high5::high5:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It must not be important unless the shooter is white.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Something that I heard today,but never thought about myself.

Civil Suite: If the parents of Travon file a civil suite against GZ, sure it could be easier to prove.....HOWEVER.....wont all the past evidence of Travon's gang banga past come to light for the world to see ?? Would Travons parents allow this to happen ?? To "slander" the "good name" of their "poor" little boy,that was so "unjustly" slain. I gotta believe that GZ's attorney in the civil suite would rake Travon over the coals.

What say ye ?? ---- SAWMAN

Yes a civil suite could happen. OJ beat the murder wrap but got nailed in the civil courts. Zimmerman can not be retried due to double jeopardy. His life/ freedom is safe but travons family can go for his $$$$$

California didn't/doesn't have an immunity statute, Florida does. From discussions with a Florida defense attorney on another site Zimmerman will be immune from civil liability under Florida law and according to Alan Dershowitz an individual citizen can't violate the civil rights of another individual citizen; only the government or their agents(employees) can violate civil rights.

Snow Bird

Master
    MSN said 2 hours ago that jurer b37 has come out with an interview. Won't get into it because it will be all over the morning news....Guess she is the first one to write a book.

Top Bottom