• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On my way home from Atlanta yesterday I was listening to a news radio station and they were talking about the upcoming Zimmerman trial. They said that the judge made a ruling that Zimmerman's lawyer couldn't use anything that would be a defamation of Trayvon's character. This included information such as his drug use, skipping class, trouble in school, fights, the fact that he had THC in his blood stream when his autopsy was conducted and so forth. The main reason was the judge said Trayvon was not the one on trial.

Trayvon's family is saying that Zimmerman's lawyer is trying to show Trayvon as some gangbanger or troublesome kid when he wasn't.

I feel that all of this information is valid in showing why Zimmerman said Trayvon attacked him. I feel that this could lead to a sucky case for Zimmerman. Why is he not allowed to use this info when everything about him is being used? This isn't a trial about Zimmerman. It's a trial about Zimmerman and Trayvon.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Zimmerman is screwed pure and simple. All the publicity immediately following the shooting plus everything afterwards. No way in Hell is he going to get a fair hearing.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Z is getting the shaft, did nothing wrong in the first place but owned a gun...OMG! Blocking the little criminals past and drug use IS relevant to his character and the way he acted...Fukin' liberals!

JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I fully expect the grabbers to use this case to go after concealed carry once it is in full swing and the media is on it like flies on shit. Zimmerman is not going to get a fair go of it and Saint Trayvon will get made to look like Bambi.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think the will find him guilty, it will be hard to find 12 jurors to vote for a conviction. Right now we only hear what the media want us to hear. There will be those that don't like it but I just don't see him being found guilty.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree. We don't know the whole story, only what the media says. I hope that the case is a clean cut self defense non guilty. It will be huge for gun owners if he gets not guilty.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If Zimmerman had used the head on his shoulders, he could have avoided all of this.

Sometimes being "right" isn't worth it...

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I am to understand, most of the evidence that the prosecution presented, supports the case of self defense. I did hear that Trayvon's past could not be brought up in the opening arguments. It could be allowed later in the trial depending upon which direction the prosecutor takes it.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I am to understand, most of the evidence that the prosecution presented, supports the case of self defense. I did hear that Trayvon's past could not be brought up in the opening arguments. It could be allowed later in the trial depending upon which direction the prosecutor takes it.
    Thats what I got from it as well.....they didnt say that that evidence would not be submisable at all. I think that if it was totally supressed, then there would be a higher chance of a mis-trial if evidence of Zimmerman's past WAS used.
    The past ALWAYS influences an incident in some way... you had to get there somehow!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I think it's all going to depend on how good that defense lawyer is at jury selection. A certain segment is going to vote "guilty" no matter what the evidence says.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    no matter the outcome, zim's life is over. you cant recover from this. where you gonna go? who's gonna hire you? he better be a damn good author or he's BROKE!

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would have no problem with them using Treyvons information concerning his past, if they would be able to post Zimmermans past, such as assaulting a police officer. fair is fair, I have no dog in the hunt here but as others have said he should have NEVER followed him and should have let the police handle it, this would have never happened. In a "use of deadly force" case you MUST prove that you did EVERYTHING in your power to avoid the conflict, Zimmerman did not, and now he will pay for it. This coming from someone who has learned over the years that carrying a gun or having a concealed permit does not allow you to kill, you BETTER know the law before you pull the trigger.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Who is stupid enough to think, you go walking in my neighborhood and I don't recognize you, and i may follow you to see what you are up to??YES armed...Now where is a law against that? He stopped as soon as the 911 operator told him to and was going back to his vehicle. i am so tired of liberals on here trying to blame the average citizen and stand by the thugs amongst us!
    There is NO law against following someone, a 911 operator is NOT a LEO and I am licensed to carry a gun...I also have the right to stop you in MY neighborhood and ask you WTF are you doing in it!

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everything up until T jumped on Z is moot. T committed no crime walking in the rain - Z committed no crime by calling in a suspicious person and attempting to get a description and direction of travel for the 911 call taker.

Z was returning to his truck when T decided to confront Z, hit Z, jumped on Z and put him on the ground, and proceeded to bash Z's head into the sidewalk. After crying for help - and seeing bystanders leave the area - only then did Z produce a firearm and take a shot in self defense.

Thus, the ONLY crime committed that night was by T - the crime of assault & battery... In Z's mind - as his head was being bashed into concrete, he had a REASONABLE fear of serious bodily harm or death. Thus, the use of deadly force was justified.

He has a valid defense of self defense to end an assault causing injury - without invoking the stand your ground provision in the law.

Reasonable doubt exists with regards to a 2nd degree murder charge. If only one juror believes he had a reason for self defense - Z walks.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CCC I guess we will all find out soon enough what happened. But I agree with you that you should know the law and a permit is not a license to kill. Zimmerman being the only witness did say he walked back to his truck to leave. That is avoiding conflict. The assault on a police officer I heard was he was drunk and his friend was being arrested and he was drunk babbling and trying to convince the officer to let him go and reached for the cuffs on his friend which led to him being between the officer and his friend and a few shoves followed. And there you have modern day assault. It's not like he saw an officer and kicked the sh!t out of him.

We all have differing opinions on what we want to believe happened. Like I said we will all find out soon enough.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Liberal ?????? As far removed from a liberal as you can get, I simply offered an opinion. I am simply saying there are MANY in a prison cell that thought they were right when involved in a shooting !!!! You can think you know your rights all day long on a gun forum, as I said before you BETTER KNOW the law before you have to stand before a jury and PROVE you were in fear for your life and you had NO OTHER CHOICE than to pull that trigger and take another life. Treyvon may have been the biggest thug in the world, but now Zimmerman has to prove his innocence, and hope he doesn't end up in a cell with a big black boyfriend for the rest of his life.

Top Bottom