• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree. I know my brother has built sites for people. I will ask him if he could set something up. I will see him tomorrow in fact.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I am almost complete with the first build, just finished the Cerakote.Still need to finish rear sight, touch ups and adjustments and then will be good to go.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very nice, job well done!

Thx, was going for a similar look as the marines issued 1911 considering this is for our wounded soldiers.

Not sure what type of finish to do on the next one. It will be commander size, but unsure of how I want it to look. Open to suggestions.

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, that is really nice looking. The only suggestion i might make is a kind of matte stainless look. But any way u go with it is going to look great I'm sure. And I spoke to my brother about building a site for a raffle setup. He said he knows he can build the site, but has to look into a raffle system. I will stay on him to get an answer back to me ASAP.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This one looks great. I am old school on guns. I like mine blue and with wood for the next one. I know the new generation loves plastic and paint but there isn't anything nicer than deep blue or a finish like the one you built before. Just my .02 cents worth.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This one looks great. I am old school on guns. I like mine blue and with wood for the next one. I know the new generation loves plastic and paint but there isn't anything nicer than deep blue or a finish like the one you built before. Just my .02 cents worth.

I agree, I like the look of a custom gun, but just can't beat the classic look.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously, that is really nice looking. The only suggestion i might make is a kind of matte stainless look. But any way u go with it is going to look great I'm sure. And I spoke to my brother about building a site for a raffle setup. He said he knows he can build the site, but has to look into a raffle system. I will stay on him to get an answer back to me ASAP.

That's great, thx

Poboy55

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So my brother completely backed out on building the site. But I called my old roommate and he set me up with a programmer buddy of his. He is starting on it now and has asked if we have a required completed date or timeframe. He is very confident about being able to to make it work. I will let everyone know how things progress.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This guy is more than willing to build the site. But that is up to you.

I'm doing some research on the raffle, whereas, I heard there are a lot of legalities to doing a raffle for it and have to go through a lot of appropriate steps to do it legally.

Top Bottom