• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey All. I am about to begin a custom 1911 build and auction it off to donate all proceeds to the FITCO Cares Foundation, in which helps our wounded veterans with in home fitness equipment for rehabilitation and counseling for PTSD, so If any of you know any one who would like to donate quality 1911 parts for the fundraiser build it would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone would just like to make a donation to the foundation.

I did the same thing in December and worked with Chris Kyle and Travis Cox(director of the foundation) and the auction turned out great and raised more than $2,000. Just this one fundraiser helped out one of our wounded veterans here in Florida whom was a double amputee and provided him with a handbike/exercise bike for his upper body. I would love to be ale to raise even more this time to help out those who give so much for our freedom.

If anyone would like to help in this fundraiser feel free to PM me or text Ron 850-687-3416.
    Can make donations through this link http://www.gofundme.com/2ixkao
    PayPal via - ron@360blueproperties.com

Thanks much.

Last edited:

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You thinking just one to auction off?

It all depends on how many parts I can get my hands on. I would build as many as possible if I had all the parts. Definitely would like to try and raise a great deal more this time and the more 1911's to auction and more donations the better.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great! Good luck in your endeavors. It's a great thing when you help others. Where did your warrior ride his bike? Ride to recovery, or soldier ride? I may have ridden with him.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great! Good luck in your endeavors. It's a great thing when you help others. Where did your warrior ride his bike? Ride to recovery, or soldier ride? I may have ridden with him.

It was a hand bike for in his home, so he could exercise at home. The money went to help purchase it for him and was put in his home for him. Kind of like a bike, but only using your hand and upper body to pedal.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will donate any type of fishing trip to help these great people have a good time. I know that doesn't help you on your build, but I've been told Pigman coordinates these events. Anything I can do to help is an honor!

Last edited:

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will donate any type of fishing trip to help these great people have a good time. I know that doesn't help you on your build, but I've been told Pigman coordinates these events. Anything I can do to help is an honor!

I really appreciate that. I'll bring it up to the foundation and see if I is something we old set up.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will help, however I can. Fundraising, etc. If you want a "wounded warrior" willing to speak to a group/clubs/etc., let me know.
    Adrenaline, I will hopefully be contacting you soon :)

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will help, however I can. Fundraising, etc. If you want a "wounded warrior" willing to speak to a group/clubs/etc., let me know.
    Adrenaline, I will hopefully be contacting you soon :)

Thanks much. Thank you for your service. Any help spreading the work is great. The more we can spread the word the more we can potentially raise.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still working on getting all components for the build, so if you know any one or any company who would like to donate parts to help with this fundraiser let me know. Thanks much.

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still working on getting all components for the build, so if you know any one or any company who would like to donate parts to help with this fundraiser let me know. Thanks much.

Do you just need funds to get the parts??? If so, I'll foot the bill.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you just need funds to get the parts??? If so, I'll foot the bill.

Funds for the parts, or just parts donations. Either one would help. Plan on building the custom 1911 then auctioning it off and donating the proceeds to the FITCO Cares Foundation. I really appreciate the help.

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funds for the parts, or just parts donations. Either one would help. Plan on building the custom 1911 then auctioning it off and donating the proceeds to the FITCO Cares Foundation. I really appreciate the help.

I would get you a tax document from the foundation for the donation that you can claim at the end of the year.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doe's the foundation serve just service vets here or will proceeds go to a nationsl foundation. What I am trying to say is will it hhep someone local.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice!! Bravo Zulu Adrenaline!! What started my rifle to warriors project was someone gave me a weapon to hunt with after being in bed most of two years after the war, now I cannot get enough of the woods. Very Kind of you and congrats 1911Junky!

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Doe's the foundation serve just service vets here or will proceeds go to a nationsl foundation. What I am trying to say is will it hhep someone local.

I can confirm that for you. They are based out of Texas, but believe they help nationally. The build I did last year, the funds went to purchasing some in home fitness equipment for a wounded vet here in Florida.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks I will help out with some money before the build gets to far along. Hate to give to most natonial foundations because some of them use what I think is to much of the money for adm. costs

1911Junky

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks I will help out with some money before the build gets to far along. Hate to give to most natonial foundations because some of them use what I think is to much of the money for adm. costs

I agree, in which is why I chose and have worked with this foundation. They will show me exactly where the funds are going towards, as in the one I did last year. Any amount will help, whereas, these custom 1911 parts are expensive. If I receive funds greater then the actual cost of the build I will put the extra with whatever we get from the auction and all 100% of the funds will go to the FITCO cares foundation. I have an autographed copy of Chris Kyle (cofounder of the foundation) American Sniper that I will be including with the gun to the winning hidder.

Top Bottom