• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smithnsig

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger Mini-30 Tac. Since Hornady has come out with the 7.62x39 SST, it makes an excellent defensive cartridge. Way more accurate than the Russian stuff, and it doesn't break the bank to get 100 or so rounds.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't have one to pick because I'm no longer armed. I've realized the error of wanting to own firearms and know now that they are evil and an indicator of a macho show off who is paranoid and looking for a fight that is not there. If nothing bad has happened to me, I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen to me, so why prepare for it. And if it does, the Gov't will be able to protect me. I've fully accepted that the US Gov't has my best interest in mind and can't wait for them to tell me how to live the rest of my life. Without the Gov't, I would surely hurt myself and maybe others because I'm not a responsible person and can not to be trusted with any sort of power or decisions. I have disposed of the evil rifles, pistols, magazines and bullets. (I kept the camo because I think it looks cool, if that's alright with the Gov't I mean) I have replaced all my knives with plastic ones from a play-doh set, because those were the safest I could find. My TV only works on C-SPAN. That way I get to watch my Gov't do everything in it's power to protect me and my rights and I won't be subjected to the horrible shows and movies that make me do bad things as I drink my soda that is no larger than 16oz.

Feinstein and Clinton in 2016!!!

For the sake of argument though, I'll go with my XCR (which has been disposed of). Even though it's not a 'battle' rifle.

CMV84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sig 516 patrol w/ iron sights, single point sling, Magpul AFG, low profile rail covers anywhere bare and an Aimpoint Comp M4

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have one to pick because I'm no longer armed. I've realized the error of wanting to own firearms and know now that they are evil and an indicator of a macho show off who is paranoid and looking for a fight that is not there. If nothing bad has happened to me, I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen to me, so why prepare for it. And if it does, the Gov't will be able to protect me. I've fully accepted that the US Gov't has my best interest in mind and can't wait for them to tell me how to live the rest of my life. Without the Gov't, I would surely hurt myself and maybe others because I'm not a responsible person and can not to be trusted with any sort of power or decisions. I have disposed of the evil rifles, pistols, magazines and bullets. (I kept the camo because I think it looks cool, if that's alright with the Gov't I mean) I have replaced all my knives with plastic ones from a play-doh set, because those were the safest I could find. My TV only works on C-SPAN. That way I get to watch my Gov't do everything in it's power to protect me and my rights and I won't be subjected to the horrible shows and movies that make me do bad things as I drink my soda that is no larger than 16oz.

Feinstein and Clinton in 2016!!!

For the sake of argument though, I'll go with my XCR (which has been disposed of). Even though it's not a 'battle' rifle.

Bravo, Bravo!!! Now hurry up and get back from vacation so, ummm we can hang out........ :whistle:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In view of the current political anti-gun climate, I have delete all pics of firearms I owned in the past. No sense giving gun grabbers info on what you had so they could question you on where it went! I'm also reviewing and editing threads that may now be out of date. Just Say'n.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Congrats! That is a fine rifle and was a good deal given the current market.

Yes it was a good deal and I definitely lucked out, truly surprised someone didn't jump on it before I had done my research and decided to go for it!

PTR91SC_308.jpg

Attachments

• PTR91SC_308.jpg
      PTR91SC_308.jpg
      302.1 KB · Views: 426
    Last edited:

rocker4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call me cheap and old fashioned, but my newest rifle is a Marlin model 336 30-30. Holds 6, and with my scope and new Hornady ammo it's good for over 200 yards. I have it zeroed at 100. Iron sights for something a little closer. I have deer hunted this year with it, but never had a buck give me the chance to take him home. I think it is easy to use, the wife can shoot it easily, and ammo.. so far is not to expensive.

Nato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes it was a good deal and I definitely lucked out, truly surprised someone didn't jump on it before I had done my research and decided to go for it!

View attachment 2782

Very nice, what is the bolt gap on it? I have been looking at PTR's, I really wish they would install the paddle release ATF style instead of just ignoring it. Would save 125 bucks out of my refit budget when I finally get another one.

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    AK47 due to it's simplicity, ammo availability (every country has AK's), and toughness. Parts, if I break something where can't you get parts, try finding a firing pin for an AR in Somolia. Magazines, for every AK there's probably 20+ magazines again anywhere in the world. Ammo, while AR 5.56 ammo has gone crazy in price (close to $1.00 a round) you can still get AK for $275-375 for 1000 (.30-.35 cents a round) and in third world countries it's cheaper. And lastly would you rather carry around all day, an M14, FNFAL, HK91 or an AK along with your 40-50-60 pound pack.

Ted

Last edited:

Northman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just for the concept or carrying your grandfathers sword into battle either the M1 Garand or the M1A with an E2 stock, great rounds 600yds open sights easy, and also your almost always guaranteed a kill per shot hit.

Top Bottom