• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kipp Castaing

Shooter
    Today I did the same thing I did last Saturday night. Cleaned up the same ones I've been shooting a good bit. Keeping them BCG's super clean and oiled up a little.

Attachments

• 20240702_153615.jpg
      20240702_153615.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 23

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    primed about 350ish 6.5 Needmoor cases getting them ready to load.

watched my buddy replace the sear and disconnector in my RIA with Wilson Combat Bulletproof stuff. The ambi safety is pretty soft material it seems too.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    It should drop about 8" @100 if your running around 1080fps
    According to my nikon app. .5 low. 22 mag. Cci 40gr jhp.
    Played with it last night. Needs a stronger IR light. Used the thermal to locate critters then the NV.
    Seems dumb that the company's building these things cripple the range with weak ir. Factory ir light could see the eyes but that was all @100.
    Daytime mode is really good on the ATN. Smooth zoom. And the display isn't staggered when sweeping.

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Played with it last night. Needs a stronger IR light. Used the thermal to locate critters then the NV.
    Seems dumb that the company's building these things cripple the range with weak ir. Factory ir light could see the eyes but that was all @100.
    Daytime mode is really good on the ATN. Smooth zoom. And the display isn't staggered when sweeping.
    Bushnell used to make a pretty nice IR Illuminator. I have had one in my kit for years. Good price and rails to mount on weapon.

Raven

Master
    primed about 350ish 6.5 Needmoor cases getting them ready to load.

watched my buddy replace the sear and disconnector in my RIA with Wilson Combat Bulletproof stuff. The ambi safety is pretty soft material it seems too.
    I was told by my trusted family gunsmith that the entire RIA 1911 was soft

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I was told by my trusted family gunsmith that the entire RIA 1911 was soft
    I could agree with them, when I first handled the factory sear I tough it was hard plastic. It is the only forged over cast that I have. I have 2 with aluminum frames and the rest are SS or forged over forged.

I picked this one up to learn how to checker the front strap. I gave my buddy back the tools he loaned me and I still have the files I bought. We put skateboard tape on it while it was apart this afternoon. I may need to tweak the mainspring leg. The trigger pull is 2# 7.5oz consistently. It may make a nice range plinker.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I used a Luna on my NV. It was adjustable from flood to spot...pretty easy to see 500+ yards with it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Can't reccomend these Advantage Arms glock conversions enough. Shot today. If you want to run .22 forget the rest, even the g44. The G19 kit works on the G26 frame. Unbelievable how light weight it is. Only gripe, 10 rds.
    20240707_125857.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Pushing my hunting limits on rifles today. Shooting with my grandson.
    Went by my favorite gun store (A&M pawn) to do my prints for the soon to have can. ( hopefully) I really like going there was barely able to escape without buying something. He had $10 g19 glock mags. (Used) even a cp33 mag for $25. Always a good selection of gun show bin stuff.
    Also a smoking deal on a ruger 8 inch charger. Almost put it on layaway.
    20240708_185634.jpg

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Pushing my hunting limits on rifles today. Shooting with my grandson.
    Went by my favorite gun store (A&M pawn) to do my prints for the soon to have can. ( hopefully) I really like going there was barely able to escape without buying something. He had $10 g19 glock mags. (Used) even a cp33 mag for $25. Always a good selection of gun show bin stuff.
    Also a smoking deal on a ruger 8 inch charger. Almost put it on layaway.View attachment 293794
    Right behind you! I've been putting Surefire muzzle devices on everything for the last 2 years, now that I had the cash set aside for a can I couldn't find one. Well guess what! B&T makes a can that uses a Surefire adapter! $822, just over $900 with tax & shipping. I'll be getting fingerprinted soon! And just in time for the new 300 blk build, not that I'm dependent on that, I have a nice stash of 308 & 7.62x39 subs!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709-151350-675.png
      Screenshot_20240709-151350-675.png
      330.8 KB · Views: 12

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Right behind you! I've been putting Surefire muzzle devices on everything for the last 2 years, now that I had the cash set aside for a can I couldn't find one. Well guess what! B&T makes a can that uses a Surefire adapter! $822, just over $900 with tax & shipping. I'll be getting fingerprinted soon! And just in time for the new 300 blk build, not that I'm dependent on that, I have a nice stash of 308 & 7.62x39 subs!
    Do lots of reading on it. I looked at a b&t .22 .... poly and aluminum no breakdown. The tubers forget to mention that .. cleaning reccomendataion was " flush it out"....nope.

Daezee

Master
    A while back I bought a Lipseys Ruger Blackhawk flattop 45 Colt revolver. My dealer got it in for me in a week. Its trigger pull was so nice, and plenty accurate for me. Loved shooting it. Decided I’d go for one in 357 mag.

It took 2 months, but it arrived this week. I don’t know if there are fewer of them or if it’s an offering just coming into the pipe line or if Lipseys sold out and ordered more made. Cleaned and lubed it, but haven’t shot it yet. Same nice trigger pull as my other Lipseys special. For those unfamiliar, flattop Blackhawks have a flat top strap and a slightly smaller frame and cylinder than the regular Blackhawks. I like their looks and feel. Admittedly they are slightly less robust than a regular Blackhawk due to the smaller size, but are still considered strong.

IMG_0284.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    A while back I bought a Lipseys Ruger Blackhawk flattop 45 Colt revolver. My dealer got it in for me in a week. Its trigger pull was so nice, and plenty accurate for me. Loved shooting it. Decided I’d go for one in 357 mag.

It took 2 months, but it arrived this week. I don’t know if there are fewer of them or if it’s an offering just coming into the pipe line or if Lipseys sold out and ordered more made. Cleaned and lubed it, but haven’t shot it yet. Same nice trigger pull as my other Lipseys special. For those unfamiliar, flattop Blackhawks have a flat top strap and a slightly smaller frame and cylinder than the regular Blackhawks. I like their looks and feel. Admittedly they are slightly less robust than a regular Blackhawk due to the smaller size, but are still considered strong.

View attachment 293906
    Very nice, only thing that could make it better would be the 9mm cylinder!

Top Bottom