• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    I'm thinking at 100 yards I need some faster ammo. The crows jump the second they hear the bang. Was shooting low power federal bulk.
    I have a 4 inch steel target set up where they are and the bullet is hitting after the bang. Gonna get out the cci fast stuff and see.
    Where did you get that super zip copper/polymer stuff?

Screenshot_20240723_183859_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Where did you get that super zip copper/polymer stuff?

View attachment 296103
    Yep. Just tried the stingers. With the bulk federal I had to use the 2nd dot on the scope below the crosshairs, with stingers had to use the 2nd above the crosshairs. @ +100. Bang and target movement was at the same time or appeared to be. We shall see.

**On the poly rounds, picked them up awhile back. Need more. For science!
    20240723_190106.jpg
    20240722_125044.jpg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    your at sea level...isn't the speed of sound 1125ish fps? Both of those rounds hit the target before the sound got there...didn't they?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    your at sea level...isn't the speed of sound 1125ish fps? Both of those rounds hit the target before the sound got there...didn't they?
    The bulk stuff is like 1,200? Wont cycle semi auto pistol. Federal auto match- on the box. The poa went up 5 marks, tics on the scope crosshairs- was at 2 below the crosshairs to 2 above with the stingers. I was hearing the ding after the shot. Can hear no ding, just seeing the target swing. 16 inch savage mk2 sv/sr. Stingers are @ 1640 on the box. ???

*** love the rifle bit what is the deal with those goofy mags?? Curved like an AK and they are fussy on the feed lips.

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    The bulk stuff is like 1,200? Wont cycle semi auto pistol. Federal auto match- on the box. The poa went up 5 marks, tics on the scope crosshairs- was at 2 below the crosshairs to 2 above with the stingers. I was hearing the ding after the shot. Can hear no ding, just seeing the target swing. 16 inch savage mk2 sv/sr. Stingers are @ 1640 on the box. ???

*** love the rifle bit what is the deal with those goofy mags?? Curved like an AK and they are fussy on the feed lips.
    not sure I am following...you should see the target move before the ding sound gets back to you

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Well as my abilities and the specialty tools has grown for building ARs, along with my stock of spare parts (I've bought a lot in bulk) all my crap has become an unorganized mess. Between cheap plastic cases, tool bags and cardboard boxes, I finally gave in and went to Harborfreight and bought the 1st 4 pieces of their HD Bauer modular stacking storage containers, they lock together and can be mixed and matched! Not terribly expensive, but can add up to a couple of bills in just a minute. I just laid them out in my kitchen/dining room along with, what I believe is everything I have, getting ready to start organizing. I can add additional cases for different tasks; scopes/sights, shotgun, a range box! I work a 12hr night shift every Sat. night, a lot of times with nothing to do, that's usually when I do my builds, this is going to simplify things tremendously!
    Screenshot_20240724-090829-201.png

oldwing

Expert
    I had replaced the crosshairs in this Pecar scope that I had mounted on a Mauser .22lr about 10 years ago but got one slightly tilted. I decided to fix the problem so ordered some 0.0008” wire. The first time I had tried hairs but they looked like crossed wood fence posts. Then tried spider web from a banana spider. No go, the silk had globs that showed under magnification. I may have ended up using a single strand separated from flat dental floss, can’t remember. Trying wire this time. Tiny wire with fat arthritic hands and poor eyesight, probably be some bad words in installing the wires

Attachments

• IMG_1459.jpeg
      IMG_1459.jpeg
      106.5 KB · Views: 13

Daezee

Master
    Two tests today.

1) Will Bosnian large pistol primers shoot with same accuracy and point of impact as CCI 300 in my 45 Colt revolver? YES. I’d already determined they fit fine in the primer pocket…Bosnian large rifle primers can be hard to seat. Bosnian primers are less $ and sometimes more available than U.S. primers.

2) I’d bought a box of Berry’s 38 cal 158 grain plated round nose bullets on sale (so I had enough of an order for free shipping). Will they shoot well enough and to the same point of impact as the loads my revolver is sighted in for? 158 grain cast bullets hit low in that revolver. YES.

IMG_0289.jpeg

Top Bottom