• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Traded my 26" 700P for a 20" 700P LTR. I think this one was made in the 80s, it doesn't have the fluted barrel. Bore looks really nice
    IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

you can see how far back the scope is
    IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

I'm going to take my picatinny rail off of mine and let him have this Hawke 4-14X50AO scope, rings and base back.

This came in this afternoon to go on top.
    IMG_1603.jpg

once I get the rail mounted and the ring height determined I'll order them and the sunshade for it. The guy I got it from didn't know where the sunshade was and threw in a throw lever.

gfb46

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to a local class 3 dealer in Long Beach, Hi-Caliber, and did the paperwork for my SBR, Ruger 22lr Charger. I think I'll put a small Prism Scope on it if it works with my astigmatism in my dominant eye.

Attachments

• 22lr Charger.jpg
      22lr Charger.jpg
      456.5 KB · Views: 25

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Went to a local class 3 dealer in Long Beach, Hi-Caliber, and did the paperwork for my SBR, Ruger 22lr Charger. I think I'll put a small Prism Scope on it if it works with my astigmatism in my dominant eye.
    Nice! Here's a mini prism... great deal.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Needed a set of night sights installed on a new to me M&P 9 Shield, but my pusher tool did not fit the slide. Since I wanted test shoot it, and a new to me KT P-32 quickly, I called the indoor range on 29 and asked if they had a guy who did NS Installs. They did, Geno is in on Fridays and was able to install while I waited. He is a firearms instructor and Gun Mechanic. His number 4482043977.

Got the front one on, and found the rear one was without a set screw and the factory set screw did not fit. Since the XS Sights DXT2 Night Sight rear was not mountable, I shot it with the factor rear. At 7 yards it was almost 4" low. Figured it might be, as while looking at the rear sight it was noticed that the sights were for a M&P 9 Shield EZ. Geno only charged $50 for install, despite having to take a lot of time to fit the front to avoid breaking the sight off.

Had a good crew of guys there on deck today. Enjoyed talking to them while I waited.

Home while cleaning pistols, I call XS Sights in Fort Worth TX and asked a few questions. CS Rep took my name and addy at start of call. I admitted not sure if I ordered wrong set in error, or vendor erred. When I asked if I could return and get correct sights, I offered to pay for the front in case it would not now mount on the EZ.

CSR said they had a set of the correct sight set on its way to me, and once received and installed I could return the other set to them. Surprising customer service, even though the rear of pkg stated "Protected by no questions asked warranty". CSR did say they were modifying warranty statement due to some customers having returned FIVE sets of the same sights they had tried to install and broke the front sight off FIVE times. THAT they will not support any longer as a warranty issue. Do not blame them!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Previously posted I bought a Contender 30-30AI rifle from the Sawman estate that his niece no longer wanted. Decided to work up an accurate cast bullet load with the AA2200 powder I had bought from a friend who could no longer reload. Tried selling the 2200 here but had 2 1/2 eight pound jugs that didn't sell, so I bought it. I'd been using it for loading 303 British cast bullet loads and it worked great for that.

Looking at the burning rate and case capacity and having experience with it in the 303, I decided on a starting load of 18gr with a 173gr cast bullet (311291 sized .311"). A test fire in my yard showed mild pressure. Then I tried 20gr and 22gr; again, no high pressure signs and recoil was mild. So it's load test loads for accuracy of 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22gr and off to the neighbor's range. My goal was accuracy and plinking velocities and only having to neck size the brass for subsequent reloading. I doubt I'll take it hunting, but if I do, then I'll work on expanding jacketed loads at full velocity. Heck, I might do that for fun anyway.

While nothing shot bad, 19gr was the best. Velocity with 30-30AI formed brass was 1420fps at 10' from the chronograph and a temperature of 70 degrees. Mild recoil, but yet enough recoil in that lightweight Contender to give some kick. When fire forming virgin 30-30 brass into 30-30AI using the same load, the velocity averaged 1370fps (lost some oomph forming the brass???). Taking more of the 19gr loads to my club's range this morning, it seemed I couldn't miss after I clicked the scope up 2 clicks to center the point of impact.

Here's a virgin 30-30 case to the left of a fire formed 30-30AI case. The camera angle, case tilt, and closeness of the lens makes it look like the AI case mouth is not square...it is square. Forming takes away some of the 30-30 case taper and blows the shoulder forward and sharper.

CEB115CC-EC54-493A-8BE2-5B9F23636312.jpeg

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    we loaded 6 rounds and fired them in my buddy's new 6.5-06. It did pretty good..got the 150gr Sierras up to 2878, the primers still have a rounded edge and the scope is close enough to dial in now. Ran a borescope in it and it had very little bit of copper in about the last 1 1/2" of barrel...cleaned that out with Eliminator...this might be a good 1:7 Kreiger barrel on his new Defiance Action.

kept passing by my other buddy running the mill looking over his shoulder...he was milling a P365 slide for an RMR

I didn't do much other than look over his shoulder, program the LabRadar and turn the scope turrets to what I saw in the spotting scope...was still gun stuff tho

streamylc

Nobody
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finished a build today... Romeo7 was the final touch... sadly, while I was boating to the range, I had taken off my brace in support of the ATF, and placed it in rod holder.. then in the middle of Escambia Bay, after we hit the 5' wake of a slow moving barge, it totally fell out! >.< ...good timing I guess...
    20230522_161052.jpg

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finished a build today... Romeo7 was the final touch... sadly, while I was boating to the range, I had taken off my brace in support of the ATF, and placed it in rod holder.. then in the middle of Escambia Bay, after we hit the 5' wake of a slow moving barge, it totally fell out! >.< ...good timing I guess...
    View attachment 225159
    Dang boating accidents but I guess the atf can go after the fishes

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So went to pick up my mp5k today and the atf background check website was down so they had to call them to do the background check and now I can't pick it up till Saturday yay atf

Top Bottom