• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finally picked up my Beretta m9 from servos today and put my new grips on went Mexican/Cartel on it and it just appeals to my Hispanic side here are before and after pics of it

Attachments

• downloadfile (3).jpg
      downloadfile (3).jpg
      284.4 KB · Views: 40
    • 20230512_155755.jpg
      20230512_155755.jpg
      431.4 KB · Views: 45
    • 20230512_155817.jpg
      20230512_155817.jpg
      395 KB · Views: 52
    • 20230512_155826.jpg
      20230512_155826.jpg
      409.7 KB · Views: 47
    • 20230512_155842.jpg
      20230512_155842.jpg
      445.9 KB · Views: 43

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Installed a mag extension and threaded barrel on a new to me S&W M&P 9 Shield, tried to replace the sights with night sights and it seemed to resist my pusher sight tool.

Anyone did the Amerglow NS replacement on the M&P Shield let me know how you did it.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally picked up my Beretta m9 from servos today and put my new grips on went Mexican/Cartel on it and it just appeals to my Hispanic side here are before and after pics of it
    I think you need some more bling if you are going for Cartel! But it's a great start!

iu

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Picked up another NSX...this one has the NP-R1 reticle...pretty close to my MOAR-20 though.
    Think I'm going to trade my 700P for a 700P LTR...will know more after I shoot it this weekend.

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Show it to them before you shoot them.

Sold one of my Ithaca pump 12 ga. with pistol grip. Now to see which one is next.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Last year our friend Sawman passed away from pancreatic cancer. I helped sell his gun related stuff here for his wife. Among the items in the estate was a stainless TC Contender rifle that Bill and Debbie successfully used for hunting in Maine. It was never listed for sale, as it was to go to a his niece back in Maine. Well, his niece no longer hunts and decided she didn't want it sent to her, so I bought it today. The price I paid was not high nor a giveaway, but in-between. I was happy to pay.

Stainless, made in first half of 1996, 21" TC factory 30-30 bbl that Bill had had chamber reamed to 30-30 Ackley Improved (AI). Basically a 30-30 with a 40 degree shoulder and the case slightly blown out to give more powder capacity and not be as tapered as a plain 30-30 case. It can headspace on the shoulder or the rim, preferably the chambering coincides with both shoulder and rim touching chamber at same time. Think 30-30 but able to give 100-200fps more velocity. Fire a 30-30 in the chamber and it comes out 30-30 Ackley Improved. Can be used for plain 30-30 shooting if one doesn't plan on reloading the brass as plain 30-30. It came with a padded case, RCBS dies, about 45 formed empties, nice sling, and Leupold Vari X III 3.5-10x 50mm scope. I'm not real familiar with Leupold scopes, but I don't think that scope is bottom of the line. Bill was big on scopes with large objective lenses for his hunting purposes.

Experimenting and measuring, I found a Lee .308 neck collet die would perfectly neck size the fired AI brass and doesn't bother the rest of the case, and the resulting brass fits fine in the Contender chamber. Not sure if I'll shoot GI frangible bullets or cast bullets in it or both or what. I have the hunting load data Bill worked up for it if need be. Soaking the bore right now and found a very mild amount of fouling, probably not enough to bother with, but I'd already started the cleaning process so I'll continue. Bore looks mint. Need to reposition the scope a little forward for me. Need to pick up more 30-30 brass to fireform into AI brass.

In the photo it appears to have a flat side frame...sun reflection...it actually has the TC cougar frame.

F64F7C95-ED4E-4B63-AED2-DE63410A90BD.jpeg

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    ORALE WA!!!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    picked up a Harrell's Custom 90 Powder Measure..don't have anything now with a long drop tube so it might come in handy for the WSM stuff.

Shot a unimpressive .91 group with that older pristine (non fluted barrel) 700P LTR if been looking at with loads tailored or my 26" did get 3 right close.

IMG_0359 (2).jpg

it has a Hawke 4-12X50 on it and the eye box is short and it touches my eyebrow so I keep pulling out of shot. I ordered a5.5-22X50 NSX with an NP-R1 reticle...that should take care of that. Might have to thread the barrel to take care of the loud too.

worked on my Beretta S56e bottom barrel firing pin...don't have to fight to open it after firing now, but it still need some attention...might have to send it out for pair.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got back from the Area 6 Championships.

Because my primary gun decided it was going to be intermittently full auto I had to take my backup gun which I am not as familiar with and honestly it isn’t as good as my primary.

Once arriving I found brake fluid was leaking into the passenger compartment through the firewall so I took it to a local mechanic and found out my master cylinder had failed. I had to leave it at the Toyota dealership because the local guy said he couldn’t get the part. Toyota dealership said the part would take 7-10 days to source so I had to leave it.

Off to rent a truck for the weekend and secure plane tickets home.

I finished in the top 10 in my division and placed top 3 in Master class so I suppose a trophy will be forthcoming! Not too shabby for all the crap I was putting up with.

I have a return flight to Charlotte next week to recover my truck, which between the cost of the repair and the long drive after a flight I’m not looking forward to!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Because my primary gun decided it was going to be intermittently full auto I had to take my backup gun which I am not as familiar with and honestly it isn’t as good as my primary.

Once arriving I found brake fluid was leaking into the passenger compartment through the firewall so I took it to a local mechanic and found out my master cylinder had failed. I had to leave it at the Toyota dealership because the local guy said he couldn’t get the part. Toyota dealership said the part would take 7-10 days to source so I had to leave it.

I finished in the top 10 in my division and placed top 3 in Master class so I suppose a trophy will be forthcoming! Not too shabby for all the crap I was putting up with.

I have a return flight to Charlotte next week to recover my truck, which between the cost of the repair and the long drive after a flight I’m not looking forward to!
    What trigger was it?? Factory or did you fiddle with it?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

** car, might be cheaper to have a service load it and deliver it.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm currently shooting a Staccato/STI 2011 platform and I don't mess with 1911 style hammer/sear engagements. It was professionally done by a custom shop, but it does have a lifespan and that was probably 20K+ rounds ago. I got out my bootleg USB microscope and saw the hammer/sear engagement had rounded off. If I had the jigs, files, and stones necessary to do the work I probably could, but it's easier to buy a pre-matched hammer/sear set from any one of the number of decent custom shops and drop them in.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm currently shooting a Staccato/STI 2011 platform and I don't mess with 1911 style hammer/sear engagements. It was professionally done by a custom shop, but it does have a lifespan and that was probably 20K+ rounds ago. I got out my bootleg USB microscope and saw the hammer/sear engagement had rounded off. If I had the jigs, files, and stones necessary to do the work I probably could, but it's easier to buy a pre-matched hammer/sear set from any one of the number of decent custom shops and drop them in.
    It's easier to not go to prison for dumb crap like Bubba gunsmithing too. There's not enough good men to go around, so we can't afford to lose anybody to dumb crap

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The only hiccup with a car service is that I had to leave all of my shooting gear with a family member who lives nearby. So I will need to recover two guns, my tool box, shooting backpack, and cleaning kit! I didn't want to trust an airline with all that gear that isn't really rigged to be in checked baggage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom