Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I ran my .260 for the first time in about 2 years
    temp here is 91* with a real feel of 98*
    12:00 wind at 6mph+
    primers are a little flat
    too hot for W760

View attachment 166005
    as usual it takes 2 rounds to get there and as usual I let one get away from me. I did confirm zero after trigger swap...I knew it was .5MOA high but the head wind may have affected it a little. Diamond is 1 MOA @ 100
    That's a great shooter! Bullet type, weight? Deer gun?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That's a great shooter! Bullet type, weight? Deer gun?
    Thanks! my buddy built it for me

142gr SMK M
    Nightforce NSX 5-22X50 on a 20MOA Rail
    Stiller Tac 30 w/ a Bartlein 5R Heavy Palma Contour 1:8.5
    TriggerTech Straight Bow Diamond @ 28oz
    Manners T2A with an Area 419 Arca rail

we can go to your place and wack a deer if you want...I've seen it knock over a 1/2" thick life sized chicken at 1K :)

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've been trying to organize my gun 'stuff' (parts, accessories, piles of magazines, etc.). It's amazing how much stuff a fellow can accumulate over a few decades. Seems like I never actually get it organized, I just move it from one pile to another. ...stuff I don't know what to do with, but have convinced myself I can't let go. Rant over.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have that same problem, I worried about my wife having to get rid of my stuff when I’m gone, but It dawned on me she won’t feel any guilt for throwing new colt and KAC bolt carrier groups in the trash can. It all looks like junk to her. And I won’t care if I’m already dead. ;)

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Currently up in Athens, AL helping out my father and while cleaning out his garage came across some long forgotten ammo. Nice for me that he doesn't own a 22.

View attachment 165284
    Turns out he does own a .22 after all. In the back of a closet came across a Marlin Model 60 sharing a case with a NEF Pardner SB1, wonder what else he's forgotten he has.:rolleyes:

IMG_20220512_135650702.jpg

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Working on a couple range rods for a friend's BP needs and could use a couple of 40S&W or 10mm cases. Figures, as I recently cleared out all my 40 S&W items.

Anyone with a few to spare, I will meet you at your site and time to pick them up.

Edit: Got them and got to meet another forum member for the first time. Thanks, and thanks again GCGFQ

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think there are 2 55 gal drums of them around here somewhere @RackinRay ...come get a hand full ;)

Brown came again today...fondled these for a minute
    IMG_0931.jpg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Working on a couple range rods for a friend's BP needs and could use a couple of 40S&W or 10mm cases. Figures, as I recently cleared out all my 40 S&W items.

Anyone with a few to spare, I will meet you at your site and time to pick them up.
    I have a few 40 will check to see if I have any 10 - they would be range pick up as I don't have either of those calibers.
    PM me if that works for ya!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a No 5 Mk 1 "jungle carbine". It came with a stamped rear sight, so the elevation adjustments are in 100yd increments, good enough for government work. The best I could get for use at our 35yd plinking range was 2" high or 1" low with nothing in-between. A friend bought and gave me a jungle carbine rear sight, but of the milled variety. It features fine click adjustments for elevation, with about 6 clicks change per 100yd, thus I was able to sight it right on at 35yd. Easier to hit with.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a No 5 Mk 1 "jungle carbine". It came with a stamped rear sight, so the elevation adjustments are in 100yd increments, good enough for government work. The best I could get for use at our 35yd plinking range was 2" high or 1" low with nothing in-between. A friend bought and gave me a jungle carbine rear sight, but of the milled variety. It features fine click adjustments for elevation, with about 6 clicks change per 100yd, thus I was able to sight it right on at 35yd. Easier to hit with.
    35-40 yards is a long shot in the thick stuff anyways. Good to go.

Top Bottom