• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Bought some interesting trench art on a Yugo/Serbian stock. Anybody know if this cross design has any particular significance? Maybe some tattoo artists in the audience? Or Catholic priests?
    20220227_170512.jpg

.22 cents

Master
    Bought some interesting trench art on a Yugo/Serbian stock. Anybody know if this cross design has any particular significance? Maybe some tattoo artists in the audience? Or Catholic priests?View attachment 153640
    Its a Serbian cross I believe

SAWMAN

Master
    As a follow-up to my post #12,119 on this thread ----> Was doing some mechanical type pondering about this gun.
    My question was - -> do the firing pins still protrude with the action closed ??
    Soooooo . . . I cut a small piece of soft wooden dowel. With the action closed on the bbl's, I put a thick shotgun cleaning rod down the bbl on the dowel and smacked it fairly hard with a hammer to see if the firing pins would leave an imprint on the soft wood dowel. THEY DID NOT.
    Then I cut open two 2.75" shells and dumped out all powder. I squirted some light machine oil internally,on the primer.
    My goal was to simply see if the firing pins would hit the primers when the action was slammed closed. NO MARK WAS LEFT.
    So I will assume the gun is safe to load and fire.
    WHEW !! --- SAWMAN
    20220228_092403.jpg

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I called Ruger about a missing stock cover and bolt throw retention clip on my RPR - They are sending it all free of charge. :)
    Trying to coordinate with some friends from college a range trip this weekend. Hopefully we can make it work out.

Daezee

Master
    If you need a few Enfield chargers let me know I have several and the price will be so low you will think they are free

Buy the way a friend of mine one time when ordering parts for an AR build got an extra AR charging handle by mistake and then had to build another AR for it.. A kinda costly freebee
    indy1919a4, Thank you very much. Chargers arrived today. Watched a video of how to load them and began practicing loading an Enfield via chargers. 1st time I messed up somehow and locked the ammo in the magazine with the rim in front of another round, so no feeding. Found I needed to "be a man" about putting pressure to strip the rounds into the mag...slow and gentle doesn't get it. I also read that sometimes, polishing off the parkerizing inside the charger will help to allow the rounds to be stripped off easier, so I'll be doing that (1 charger was parkerized and the other was smooth blued steel).

Again, thanks for the chargers.

FLT

Master
    Looked into buying the tooling to thread 12 gauge for screw in chokes. I have four barrels that I’d like to add screw in chokes to, I believe I can buy the tooling for about the same price that it would cost to have them threaded.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    indy1919a4, Thank you very much. Chargers arrived today. Watched a video of how to load them and began practicing loading an Enfield via chargers. 1st time I messed up somehow and locked the ammo in the magazine with the rim in front of another round, so no feeding. Found I needed to "be a man" about putting pressure to strip the rounds into the mag...slow and gentle doesn't get it. I also read that sometimes, polishing off the parkerizing inside the charger will help to allow the rounds to be stripped off easier, so I'll be doing that (1 charger was parkerized and the other was smooth blued steel).

Again, thanks for the chargers.
    I have a yin and yang with them. They hold the ammo much more firm and securely then Mauser chargers.. But I find Mauser chargers much easier to use.

For real fun load a Bren magazine with 303. You keep putting the rim in front of the last round in. Logically in your mind, you think you will run out of room with the bullets sticking out by the time you get to the 25th round. But it works..

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Cleaned an older friends 686. Truck gun, man was it filthy. ** note- stainless will rust and pit.
    Set up more deals for the coming days. Prepping to return to work on the 20th. Bleh.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Played with a 6 Dasher some this afternoon. Got the ES to 7 and the SD to 2.7 I think. Best I could squeeze out of it was .25 @ 100. That 2oz trigger works on me a little.

Then the Thompson twins showed up....man they are a hoot...I did manage to keep them all in the berm for the 100 yard target from 50 out. I think my buddies' grandson (15) was hittin trees half way up:D

Murfpcola

Master
    As a follow-up to my post #12,119 on this thread ----> Was doing some mechanical type pondering about this gun.
    My question was - -> do the firing pins still protrude with the action closed ??
    Soooooo . . . I cut a small piece of soft wooden dowel. With the action closed on the bbl's, I put a thick shotgun cleaning rod down the bbl on the dowel and smacked it fairly hard with a hammer to see if the firing pins would leave an imprint on the soft wood dowel. THEY DID NOT.
    Then I cut open two 2.75" shells and dumped out all powder. I squirted some light machine oil internally,on the primer.
    My goal was to simply see if the firing pins would hit the primers when the action was slammed closed. NO MARK WAS LEFT.
    So I will assume the gun is safe to load and fire.
    WHEW !! --- SAWMANView attachment 153765
    Need to just file down those firing pins so you can have a full auto double barrel!

Top Bottom