• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Had a fun day goofing off in the woods with my Bride. PUG F570 UTV ran like a top. I think I finely got all the bugs out of it.
    Shot the Llama .45 working great! Had a crap ammo issue. ( in the .45 Llama post) Shot my Walther G22 space gun, super huge fun!! Beautiful day to be outside in the woods. Gotta enjoy the last few days of my parole, due to go back to Boat Jail in bit. Bleh!

Raven

Master
    Had a fun day goofing off in the woods with my Bride. PUG F570 UTV ran like a top. I think I finely got all the bugs out of it.
    Shot the Llama .45 working great! Had a crap ammo issue. ( in the .45 Llama post) Shot my Walther G22 space gun, super huge fun!! Beautiful day to be outside in the woods. Gotta enjoy the last few days of my parole, due to go back to Boat Jail in bit. Bleh!
    Watch Stallone in his tanker boat turned boat jail movie. A real boat jail. Very imaginative... or is it a real boat somewhere?

Daezee

Master
    Yesterday, being a rainy day, it seemed like a good time to work on using my Swedish 6.5x55 blank components. I've previously posted about it, but a condensed version is: Swedish wooden bullet blank ammo for 4.5 cents each, pull and toss wood bullet, use the resulting non-corrosive berdan primed brass for one time reloading using 11gr of blank powder with my cast bullets, and use the remaining 14-15gr of Swedish blank powder for reloading other cartridges (slightly slower burning than Unique) (besides 6.5x55, I'm using it in 45/70; a friend is using it in 7.62x28 and 44 magnum; another friend uses it in 45/70). To give an idea of "slightly slower burning", it takes 16gr to equal velocity of 12gr Unique in my 45/70 with 395gr cast bullets with the lot of blank powder we have. Together, 3 of use bought 14,400 rounds, all the same lot number.

Caution, do not try this with USGI blank powder...too fast burning to have a projectile loaded in front of it!

One friend has got the technique down to easily pull the wood bullets and clean the brass. I've got the technique down to removing the case mouth crimp. We've had a sorta assembly line approach to separating the components. A negative is the powder is in little squares and doesn't meter well, so I have my RCBS electronic scale to dispense and weigh each charge.

Here's a few containers of the primed brass ready to reload and a 30 cal ammo can of cast bullet reloads for use in 6.5x55 Swede bolt action rifles. Of the 4 rifles tried, everyone liked the same load.

2EAFCB13-FCAB-43CA-9219-8BDD2ED881C2.jpeg

7634BD94-CA92-4ABE-B88B-FFF47212FA86.jpeg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Yesterday, being a rainy day, it seemed like a good time to work on using my Swedish 6.5x55 blank components. I've previously posted about it, but a condensed version is: Swedish wooden bullet blank ammo for 4.5 cents each, pull and toss wood bullet, use the resulting non-corrosive berdan primed brass for one time reloading using 11gr of blank powder with my cast bullets, and use the remaining 14-15gr of Swedish blank powder for reloading other cartridges (slightly slower burning than Unique) (besides 6.5x55, I'm using it in 45/70; a friend is using it in 7.62x28 and 44 magnum; another friend uses it in 45/70). To give an idea of "slightly slower burning", it takes 16gr to equal velocity of 12gr Unique in my 45/70 with 395gr cast bullets with the lot of blank powder we have. Together, 3 of use bought 14,400 rounds, all the same lot number.

Caution, do not try this with USGI blank powder...too fast burning to have a projectile loaded in front of it!

One friend has got the technique down to easily pull the wood bullets and clean the brass. I've got the technique down to removing the case mouth crimp. We've had a sorta assembly line approach to separating the components. A negative is the powder is in little squares and doesn't meter well, so I have my RCBS electronic scale to dispense and weigh each charge.

Here's a few containers of the primed brass ready to reload and a 30 cal ammo can of cast bullet reloads for use in 6.5x55 Swede bolt action rifles. Of the 4 rifles tried, everyone liked the same load.

View attachment 156578

View attachment 156580
    Those look like small recoiless tank rounds!! Looks like fun.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    As an aside both of those movies are fantastic movies (If you define fantastic as a chance to see obscure, long gone, German equipment up close ) Great propaganda pieces. I can so envision the German people cheering in the theaters as these were played. (Those hours between the American and British bombings) Both those are on The Tube of the Yous.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    My parents came to visit and I wasn't able to join the match at Element. :(

I did get a little 22 shooting in with my dad today.

50 yards - RPR 22LR using ELEY Target.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 11.49.12 PM.png

We each shot a playing card... Kind of a cool memory to be able to make with him. :)
    tempImage53U0Xd.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    My parents came to visit and I wasn't able to join the match at Element. :(

I did get a little 22 shooting in with my dad today.

50 yards - RPR 22LR using ELEY Target.
    View attachment 157164

We each shot a playing card... Kind of a cool memory to be able to make with him. :)
    View attachment 157165
    Is that the bolt action? I saw one for sale and should have gotten it, in tan no less. Not Spacy enough!!

Top Bottom