• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zdiver99

Master
    Got another project "brewing" involving a single shot 12ga and a older style Cutts Compensator.
    Chop to a little over 16. "PERMANENTLY " attach the adjustable, finger part of the comp,then screw on the brake part.
    The comp is attached to the OUTSIDE of the bbl,but hopefully ... no threading just "thinning". --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Images are a short piece of "trial" bbl.
    View attachment 151513View attachment 151514
    Looks like JJ shop!

DustyDog

Master
    Reading about guns is almost as fun as shooting. Almost. Never knew Norinco made so much back then. I know that nowadays Norinco has an M14 pattern rifle that takes AK mags. View attachment 153331
    Firearms are the ONLY thing that we should be importing from China... sadly, they are the only thing that we CAN'T import from there! (never was a big fan of Norinco, though. I'm a POLY TECH man! : )

RackinRay

Master
    Firearms are the ONLY thing that we should be importing from China... sadly, they are the only thing that we CAN'T import from there! (never was a big fan of Norinco, though. I'm a POLY TECH man! : )
    I liked POLY TECH back in the day, early 1980s. Only AK I ever sold and regretted was a POLY TECH side folder.

Oh, and on topic; I received a threaded barrel for a G17 I bought last year and decided it is a keeper!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Well somehow this one snuck in. JTS AK12.

Attachments

• 20220224_122303.jpg
      20220224_122303.jpg
      806 KB · Views: 54

DustyDog

Master
    I liked POLY TECH back in the day, early 1980s. Only AK I ever sold and regretted was a POLY TECH side folder.

Oh, and on topic; I received a threaded barrel for a G17 I bought last year and decided it is a keeper!
    Funny... that's the only one I DID keep! Similar to the Galil folder : )

DustyDog

Master
    The ban covers "Rifled" firearms. Fyi.
    I think I found it (447.52), but what a mess... looks like "sporting" shotguns only from these countries (the left and right side of the table are two different categories, but if I understand correctly, shotguns are eligible from either group... not sure I'd spring for a Haitian one, though : )
    AfghanistanBurma
    BelarusChina
    CubaDemocratic Republic of the Congo
    HaitiLiberia
    IranMongolia
    IraqRwanda
    LibyaSomalia
    North KoreaSudan
    SyriaUnita (Angola)
    Vietnam

P.S., I e-mailed the ATF FTISB about the 922(r) parts count on my Stoeger back in the second half of 2020 and got a nice, signed letter... FIFTEEN MONTHS later! : )

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Went up to JJs place today and we tore apart my Stoeger - He figured out what was missing and we had it all fixed up within a few hours. Apparently a missing roll pin can really mess up the functionality of a shotgun like that. :)

@oneshot

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Went up to JJs place today and we tore apart my Stoeger - He figured out what was missing and we had it all fixed up within a few hours. Apparently a missing roll pin can really mess up the functionality of a shotgun like that. :)
    WHOA! Which Stoeger & which roll pin?

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    WHOA! Which Stoeger & which roll pin?
    I have a M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun- It was the pin on the bottom of the receiver. Ill try to take a picture of it in the light tomorrow and upload it.

DustyDog

Master
    I have a M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun- It was the pin on the bottom of the receiver. Ill try to take a picture of it in the light tomorrow and upload it.
    AHA!
    I'm guessing the carrier latch/bolt release pivot pin? If I'm not mistaken, the carrier latch and cartridge drop lever are engaged in some sort of delicate dance during cycling, so, yep... that would do it!

The cycling of those things is complicated (I have an M3K). So much so, that I had my first A.D. in over 55 years of gun-handling with mine while trying to induce a failure to cycle so I could practice resolving it. Succeeded inducing the failure: fired one shot from the shoulder, dropped down to the hip and pulled the trigger for the second and hammer dropped but no "boom", assumed an empty was still in the chamber, put the safety on (which was my FIRST mistake) and tried to extract the suspected "empty" (it was actually LIVE) from the chamber but COULDN'T because the SAFETY was on (CAN'T cycle with hammer dropped and safety on!), decided to take it into the house to think it through, and... well, let's just say I'm glad I left my earplugs in and treated it as though there was a LIVE round in the chamber even though I was "sure" it was a spent shell.

Couldn't have done less damage in the house with 12 ga. birdshot if I had TRIED! : )

Note that this was the ONLY time it has failed to cycle, and it was because it was new and I was TRYING to get it to do so using light loads, AND, if that wasn't enough, I thought the hip-shooting would surely stop it : )

Looks like it actually chambered a new round after the first shot, but the bolt must not have been fully in battery, so the hammer didn't get a good enough strike on the firing pin to fire ("Benelli click"?), which led me to believe the empty had never extracted. Learned a LOT that day!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Did some accessorizing on a 9mm PDW. Making it more in tune with me.
    This weapon appears to really like the glock 9 ETS mags, a plus. Full disassembly of a new platform is always fun. Interesting because this can be changed to different calibers. Via a parts kit. Much like the TNW Areo.
    Wanted to use the SB PDW brace, due to the upper, you cant.( in the way of the rails) Solid made though.

Attachments

• 20220227_174052.jpg
      20220227_174052.jpg
      606.2 KB · Views: 61

Rick M&P

Shooter
    I just found another 3.6" slide for my M&P 2.0 and bought that immediately. Im gonna get it milled for this new 508t I got recently. I try to have extra parts for this pistol anyway because its by far my favorite. I have an SRO on the original slide and the footprint is a few thousandths to big for the 508t.

Top Bottom