• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Assembled a FM9 forward sidecharger. Cycled rds. 100% Haven't shot yet.
    Hey Rebel, how are ETS mags treating you? I just got some from Bowfreak. He's an awesome good guy to have around. We gotta get him on a bike soon, as he's inherited one and doesn't yet know how to ride. I offered to teach him on my Sportster but he said it was too big! Ha! I'll be trying out ETS mags in a Vector soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-020509_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210808-020509_Chrome.jpg
      610.8 KB · Views: 84
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Half of casing from spent round was still in the chamber when another round was loaded and almost fired. Essentially a bullet shoved into half a case.
    That happened to me with a CZ52. Ripped the back off of a thin PPU case and chambered another one. Fireformed the broken case to the chamber like it had been dang welded to the chamber. Broke a multitool getting it out. Probably gouged the chamber for life. I sold the gun, with full disclosure. With a hot little 30 caliber like that having an out of battery explosion without the benefits of its roller locks, I'm blessed no one got hurt. I suspect the roller locks were not working properly to relieve the chamber pressure in the first place

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    I took out the model 60 I got from Raven and installed an Apex Duty/Carry kit in it. Test firing on Tuesday when I take a couple other of my favorite wheel guns to the range.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Gun Show!! Show special 15-22 mag for only $25!! Folding foregrip $15. 2 G21 mags $20 each. Buffer 9mm- dang 8oz :( $15. 0 taxes paid!! Blast from the past bonus on one G21 mag!! Need to ebay it for $200...lol.

Attachments

• 20210808_165629.jpg
      20210808_165629.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 85
    • 20210808_165458.jpg
      20210808_165458.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 77
    Last edited:
    Reactions: FLT

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hey Rebel, how are ETS mags treating you? I just got some from Bowfreak. He's an awesome good guy to have around. We gotta get him on a bike soon, as he's inherited one and doesn't yet know how to ride. I offered to teach him on my Sportster but he said it was too big! Ha! I'll be trying out ETS mags in a Vector soon
    Seem to work fine in the glock and sub. I wouldn't rappel out of a helicopter with them though.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gun Show!! Show special 15-22 mag for only $25!! Folding foregrip $15. 2 G21 mags $20 each. Buffer 9mm- dang 8oz :( $15. 0 taxes paid!! Blast from the past bonus on one G21 mag!! Need to ebay it for $200...lol.
    RR , I’ve got some of those in 45/ model 21 and 40/ model 22 that have never been used . If you’d like some I’ll trade for other newer un mark glock factory magazines.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Picked up an upper form a member and added a scope, sling, and light - need to take it to the range soon and sight it in. :)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got some parts in the mail from one of our fine members. Thanks pfunk!! Picked this up today for my 590 shockwave, just looked cool. Should be handy for hip firing.
    Here figured someone else might want one.

Thanks for sharing the info and link.

Are you able to lay the new grip on the factory raptor grip with the mounting areas lined up? Maybe take a picture or a measurement of which one is longer. Just trying to see what it does to the OEM overall length of the shockwave.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Thanks for sharing the info and link.

Are you able to lay the new grip on the factory raptor grip with the mounting areas lined up? Maybe take a picture or a measurement of which one is longer. Just trying to see what it does to the OEM overall length of the shockwave.
    Same lenght, less the sling mount.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Same lenght, less the sling mount.

I wonder if it has enough width or access to properly mount one of these to that flat area:

If the grip keeps the OAL over 26”, then the Shockwave keeps its current status and doesn’t become an AOW or SBR.
    Adding a folding brace shouldn’t be an issue, then. I’d be more concerned with geometry and strength of the mount, and overall width-when-folded.

Thanks again.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I wonder if it has enough width or access to properly mount one of these to that flat area:

If the grip keeps the OAL over 26”, then the Shockwave keeps its current status and doesn’t become an AOW or SBR.
    Adding a folding brace shouldn’t be an issue, then. I’d be more concerned with geometry and strength of the mount, and overall width-when-folded.

Thanks again.
    There's only one screw that holds the cap on. I'm going to get the SB Brace for it someday.

DONE DEAL!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today I got my T/C Contender barrel back from Mike Bellm at Bellmtcs.com The factory muzzle brake came off as it was only soft soldered from the factory. A very poor design. It is a 223 Super 14 stainless steel barrel. Mike machined a 12 hole muzzle brake into the barrel and re-crowned it. It has NO muzzle rise and NO recoil at all. I could not be more pleased with his work. Mike is the Contender / Encore guy to go to with many years of experience with T/C Encore and Contender / G2 firearms.
    Nice!

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I changed out my hammer spring on my T/C Contender tonight. What a pain in the butt. Anyone who owns one of these will end up doing this sooner or later! They are known for getting weaker over time. Kurt Bellm has a great youtube video for doing this and it really helps!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I converted my .40 s&w Witness Match to 10mm. The new barrel was oversize (as intended) and required a bit of fitting, but it is in and it locks up nice & tight. I also got a couple of 14-round mags, but the new recoil spring(s) haven't arrived yet (due in on Friday).

Top Bottom