• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You could "gasp" build your own.....
    A few years ATF ago was seizing imported air guns that came with silencers on them them. Their excuse was that if they could fit on a firearm and lasted long enough for one shot when mounted on a firearm to lower the report by one DB, then they were regulated under the NFA. Some lawyers as I understand it got ATF to recognize that it was not illegal to put them on non-firearms, but i do not know the specifics. Make sure you understand ATF's current thinking/interpretations on this issue prior to making or placing a noise modulating device on an air-gas-spring gun.
    In past people were convicted of violating the NFA for doing such things with pellets guns.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A few years ATF ago was seizing imported air guns that came with silencers on them them. Their excuse was that if they could fit on a firearm and lasted long enough for one shot when mounted on a firearm to lower the report by one DB, then they were regulated under the NFA. Some lawyers as I understand it got ATF to recognize that it was not illegal to put them on non-firearms, but i do not know the specifics. Make sure you understand ATF's current thinking/interpretations on this issue prior to making or placing a noise modulating device on an air-gas-spring gun.
    In past people were convicted of violating the NFA for doing such things with pellets guns.
    Almost all airguns you buy today have a built in suppressor, can. LCD, Moderator. What ever you want to call it...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Almost all airguns you buy today have a built in suppressor, can. LCD, Moderator. What ever you want to call it...

Not all airguns have them, but some airguns have such legally compliant devices. But the point was it is not a good idea to make your own unless you really know that the ATF will not come after you. It is like making your own pistol brace.
    I did mention lawyers had been involved in the original litigation and the point here is know what you know and DO NOT KNOW. Big boy rules apply.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not all airguns have them, but some airguns have such legally compliant devices. But the point was it is not a good idea to make your own unless you really know that the ATF will not come after you. It is like making your own pistol brace.
    I did mention lawyers had been involved in the original litigation and the point here is know what you know and DO NOT KNOW. Big boy rules apply.
    All the type of airguns I buy have some sort of built in suppressor and air stripper / shroud.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I ordered some adjustable gas blocks, ambidextrous magazine releases, barrel nut shims and some other parts today. Pulled some ladies out of the safe to give them a good fondle and a wipe down. Did a comparison of my Holosun 515 type red dots. Talked shop with a fellow gun lover. Looked at other gun stuff for consideration....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the type of airguns I buy have some sort of built in suppressor and air stripper / shroud.

It may be for what you select, but many do not have such. A random cut and paste from pyramid air. Some have them and others do not.
    1618707829705.png

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It may be for what you select, but many do not have such. A random cut and paste from pyramid air. Some have them and others do not.

Off topic for a sec... Have you all noticed when you are replying or doing anything in this forum you can not copy and paste anymore? or you can not highlight something you are typing to copy it. Just tried and no go. Works everywhere else. This place is going to $^%&&%$#.

That Benjamin Marauder does it has about 5 stacked baffles at the end of the barrel. Those are very quiet and good shooters out of the box but they are not regulated. Great for money. I started out with those.

But to compare The Benji with like an FX Impact which is a 2k airgun night and day difference.

Those others are just break barrels. Some of them come with a suppressor and you can see it on there.

I own two of those Benji M-Rods. (AKA Benjamin Marauder)

Here is a pic of them. Yes they are not stock anymore. Lots of mods and both has been custom tuned and trigger jobs done on them. Tck drivers at 100 yards.

The blue stock is the .25

2QNTdwQ.jpg

PaulT

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Off topic for a sec... Have you all noticed when you are replying or doing anything in this forum you can not copy and paste anymore? or you can not highlight something you are typing to copy it. Just tried and no go. Works everywhere else. This place is going to $^%&&%$#.

That Benjamin Marauder does it has about 5 stacked baffles at the end of the barrel. Those are very quiet and good shooters out of the box but they are not regulated. Great for money. I started out with those.

But to compare The Benji with like an FX Impact which is a 2k airgun night and day difference.

Those others are just break barrels. Some of them come with a suppressor and you can see it on there.

I own two of those Benji M-Rods. (AKA Benjamin Marauder)

Here is a pic of them. Yes they are not stock anymore. Lots of mods and both has been custom tuned and trigger jobs done on them. Tck drivers at 100 yards.

The blue stock is the .25

2QNTdwQ.jpg

BEAUTIFUL.... just got me a .25 benji..Oh YeahhhhhhhhhBuddy..

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My little Annie oakly shooting cans at 100 feet. Benjamin discovery .22 pcp with can.(tko)
    Yes airguns are great for getting kids into guns and shooting.

One of our grand babies shooting my LCS SK-19 .22 full auto. In Semi only. When we go up to the property she always asks to shoot now. Next I will have her shooting the AGT Uragan .30 cal at 100 yards. She loves shooting soda cans.

vBa2CT6.jpg

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can make what ever you want for your airgun. Pretty good reason most all airguns that are threaded at the end of the barrel. use a totally different thread than what is used for powder burners. I have eight registered suppressors and a bunch for the airguns. You could never use an airgun suppressor on a real gun it would probably blow up and like I said the threads are not correct. If you start building cans with 1/2 x 28 threads on them you may be a dumb $#$%%$ unless you turn in a Form 1 pay the tax and all the other proper stuff. I have a friend that has done a few of them now.

Here is my Texan II CF .457 it has a built in shroud and suppressor system. It will shoot up to 450 gr pellets/slugs out of it. Actually I have heard people shooting heaver than that from it.

xqfEe63.jpg

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Awesome looking air gun, but I like all the rockets in the background as well
    Yes I am a big collector... Love that stuff...

Still trying to get my display in place we bought another house and moved.

It's alot of work. LOL

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Off topic for a sec... Have you all noticed when you are replying or doing anything in this forum you can not copy and paste anymore? or you can not highlight something you are typing to copy it.
    Up above you can still highlight bold or underline as I have just done.

Just tried and no go. Works everywhere else. This place is going to $^%&&%$#.

cut and paste like below is easy to do. What is missing is that when with the cursor I select some thing and highlight it, it is not visible until you actually do it, it being hitting bold like control key and B or control key or the U key.
    1618755460180.png

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Not sure if it's related, but I've noticed that all of your recent posts (no other forum members), you end them with about six blank lines and a period.

Might be some kind of glitch on your account somehow?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Up above you can still highlight bold or underline as I have just done.

cut and paste like below is easy to do. What is missing is that when with the cursor I select some thing and highlight it, it is not visible until you actually do it, it being hitting bold like control key and B or control key or the U key.
    View attachment 116478
    Yep I happen to be an IT guy... Thanks anyway.

It's all good and fun. I'm not usually in here (this forum) that much anyway.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure if it's related, but I've noticed that all of your recent posts (no other forum members), you end them with about six blank lines and a period.

Might be some kind of glitch on your account somehow?
    Yep I do that on purpose. See hold my beer and watch this below.

I try to separate things to make it easier to read. Think I learned that in the XDA Developers. My fav forum where we hack phones and make custom roms and apps.

Top Bottom