• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I saw your Mrs. was Positive, hope she doesn't have bad symptoms and has a fast recovery. I hope you don't get the bug. Any chance she hadwas a false Pos?

That’s what we are beginning to think. She had the best test there is. If she is positive, I should have it too. If she was exposed,I should have been too, as we only went to the whiting field commissary. We are both retired medical and take Covid very seriously. What are the odds we could both be infected but no symptoms?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oh yeah, today I bought more half price imported ammo. How much is your life worth when you're returning fire with your last loaded mag? Buy more mags, and buy more ammo to put in those mags. You can never carry enough mags

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've realized that being gone from home usually 12 hrs a day for 6 days a week most times, gives me very little time to do anything, much less shoot, but I do make time on the way home to aquire goods to have fun with eventually.
    Ya need to try 90 straight!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    On of my wifes co-worker's had a "bad cough" only. He went to the Dr. and was given the (a) CV test. He came back positive. Everyone in the small company was tested (18 employee's). NONE CAME BACK POSITIVE. The origional worker never developed any other "symptoms" besides the cough.
    To me - -> CV is highly questonable and so are ALL the different tests.
    Gun stuff . . . bought a NAA 22Mag revo,1 1/8" bbl,yesterday. My wife has same in 22LR. --- SAWMAN

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    On of my wifes co-worker's had a "bad cough" only. He went to the Dr. and was given the (a) CV test. He came back positive. Everyone in the small company was tested (18 employee's). NONE CAME BACK POSITIVE. The origional worker never developed any other "symptoms" besides the cough.
    To me - -> CV is highly questonable and so are ALL the different tests.
    Gun stuff . . . bought a NAA 22Mag revo,1 1/8" bbl,yesterday. My wife has same in 22LR. --- SAWMAN

What is the recoil diff between the two? I have wondered which one to get

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    i have not shot my mag yet so really do not know. But remember,these little guns are "convienance " guns. "Get off me" guns. "Stay back" guns. All these little fellas are extremely close range weapons. 10 feet or less.
    My wifes little 22LR is a great shooter. We have tried several different ammo's in it. It shoots them all well. Remembering that you will only have 5 shots to accomplish your task,NO RELOADS,choose your ammo wisely. But remember it is still a 22,coming out of a extremely short bbl.
    Like other defensive,or even offensive weapons,there is a law of "diminishing returns". Possibly the absolute hottest of ammo is not the right choice. Example for us is the CCI Stingers. Huge flash. Super loud crack. Elevated recoil. Remember,even with the larger grips installed,there aint much to hold onto.
    We found a "standard" load is best.
    For the ladies,so far,I would think a 22LR is a good choice. Even for me,wondering if the magnum was the correct choice.
    If considering one of these NAA guns,closely consider bbl length. To me the longer bbl's kinda negates the reason for buying these little guns. Even the difference between the 1 1/8 and 1 5/8 bbl could effect how it is both carried and accessed in a bad situation. And the small difference in bbl length is not a great deal in the velocity department.
    I have several extras coming for my gun. Will start a thread on these guns in a week or so. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    HUH ?? FaceTube sez a 22LR delivers as much energy as a 22Mag out of a short bbl'ed gun ??
    Wonder If the difference in velocity with the same weight bullet was figured into the "equasion" ??
    Well (??) - -> if it was on the intertube it MUST BE TRUE. --- SAWMAN

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My woman had it last November, several coworkers had it throughout the last year, and some before it was a "thing"... many of us all close together and many of us never had anything from it.

I think these "tests" are false positives on many cases. Feeds into the hype better.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Loading up more rounds for the M1867 Swede. Fat cartridges (.223 for comparison). Was able to seat the bullets out a tad; some reloaders would have seated them deeper to fully cover the top grease groove, but I'm not carrying them loose in a pouch or pocket where they could pick up dirt sticking to the exposed lube. Don't have to resize the fired brass, but do have to slightly bell the mouth to start the bullet and then remove the slight bell with the seating die, but no need to crimp. If the slight bell is not removed, they are snug to fully chamber the last nth of an inch. Can see on the left two about 1/3rd the way up from the base where they expanded from the first firing to better fit the chamber, but they still chamber easily without resizing. 12.7x44R cases made from 50 Alaskan brass.

It's a fun journey and casting my own bullets is what makes it possible.

Edit to add: None of my powder funnels fit the case mouth, so I did a search and found there are such things as a 50 caliber powder funnel...my next purchase.

3015AAF8-0C0C-44C7-BFFD-EB68CE107591.jpeg

Last edited:

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Loading up more rounds for the M1867 Swede. Fat cartridges (.223 for comparison). Was able to seat the bullets out a tad; some reloaders would have seated them deeper to fully cover the top grease groove, but I'm not carrying them loose in a pouch or pocket where they could pick up dirt sticking to the exposed lube. Don't have to resize the fired brass, but do have to slightly bell the mouth to start the bullet and then remove the slight bell with the seating die, but no need to crimp. If the slight bell is not removed, they are snug to fully chamber the last nth of an inch. Can see on the left two about 1/3rd the way up from the base where they expanded from the first firing to better fit the chamber, but they still chamber easily without resizing. 12.7x44R cases made from 50 Alaskan brass.

It's a fun journey and casting my own bullets is what makes it possible.

View attachment 106839

Damb, I might have to invest in a hamzat suit just to come visit you and learn about reloading

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Maybe some day I'll clean out the junk in the shed so 2 people will fit in it at the same time. I do, however, cast outside. Yucky weather today so no casting (which I need to do more of for the Swede.

Reactions: FLT

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Maybe some day I'll clean out the junk in the shed so 2 people will fit in it at the same time. I do, however, cast outside. Yucky weather today so no casting (which I need to do more of for the Swede.
    I do know that I have those 2 smeltering pots and a ton of lead, but I don't know much about that

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I do know that I have those 2 smeltering pots and a ton of lead, but I don't know much about that

A TON of lead...hmm. I can certainly help once my current situation ends. In my opinion, casting is part art and part science, but in any case, one needs a goal in casting to work towards

Top Bottom