• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sorted old ziplocks of mixed ammo found a lot of 9mm hydro shocks. If Only I had a damn gun!

Might start selling ammo as singles- come buy one or two a day as you can afford it.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I found some ammunition I’d forgotten about in a closet at the river house. When you find something you’ve forgotten about it’s almost like getting it for free!

I was sizing cast bullets today. One dropped and rolled under the table. Looking for it I saw two plain cardboard boxes. Found them with pulled 175 gr Sierra Matchkings in them...I’d thought I’d sold them all earlier. Bonus!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We had the grand babies today. Emily begged to goto the property and drive the go kart. So I brought one of the airguns. The LCS SK-19 Full Auto .22.

After she got done playing on the go kart she asked to shoot. This was her first time and she was hitting soda cans with no effort at all. I left the gun on Semi-Auto so she could get use to it first.

She just turn seven. I wanted her to get into shooting and starting her out with the air guns first.

fAi1WyQ.jpg

0HxtmsC.jpg

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I adjusted the irons on my .22 Banshee. :cool:
    Bought charging handles and buffer tube kits for my 308 builds. I think all that is left is gas blocks, stocks, ejection port covers and (sigh) BCG's.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hunting with the 6.8! Got a roni for my G20 project. Some other goodies for future builds. BIG THANKS to no woryz for the relay/assist in making it happen. Thanks Clint!!

Only one deal outstanding now!!

Attachments

• 20210201_133451_001.jpg
      20210201_133451_001.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 94
    • 20210129_132338.jpg
      20210129_132338.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 95

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    6EC87148-0FD7-4B7B-9E19-104DA4E083C1.jpeg

I'd previously posted about my WWI British Volunteer Training Corps 303 Martini. Been looking for a long time the definition of the "D" on the stock. No one seemed to know. Decided to write the man himself, Ian Skennerton, in Australia. Ian has written many books, especially on U.K. military firearms and is recognized as an expert in the field. I got an answer from him today. On page 132 of his new book 'Broad Arrow Mk 2' under miscellaneous, the "D" stamping indicates "Depot". The "358" number on the front sight and bayonet lug indicates a rack number. That my Martini was probably held at an arms depot would go along with the excellent bore condition. If in a VTC unit, the normal place for the initials of the VTC unit (2-3 characters) and any rifle number assigned would be on the right side of the buttstock in keeping with British Army service rifle practice.

So mine may have not been issued...still interesting, none-the-less.

Here's a photo of a right side unit marked VTC 303 Martini in the British Royal Armouries' collection. "R&D VTC No 35" = Rifle number 35 of the Renfrew and Dumbarton Volunteer Training Corps. Made by the same gun maker as mine, William Ford in Birmingham.

Centrefire breech-loading rifle - Martini-Enfield VTC Model (about 1914).jpg

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I ordered gas blocks yesterday, and today I got notification of 308 bcg back in stock. Ordered them as fast as i could! $125 each! Who hooo! Now all that is left is 2 dust covers, 2 grips, and 1 stock.
    Those will be easy.....;)

Top Bottom