• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Did a trade deal from 1,200 miles away. Did I mention I have the best bride ever? BCA side charger! 5.56 / 1:8. Got some ideas for a cool project when I get home. Bushmaster micro pistol maybe? Still got a month to think about it and order parts.

And you have 6-12 moths while waiting for parts to come in.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Got home from running an errand and a box was on the porch. Turned out to be some .45 bullets I ordered a while back and I forgot about the order. Companies are taking forever to ship sometimes in these crazy times and with weeks passing before an order shows up, I guess I forgot I had ordered them. So it was a good surprise to open up some projectiles.

But the box was beaten up and I could see a hole and see copper through the hole to allow some to escape. Had to count out the 500 rounds. Somehow, I had 502 bullets and none fell out of the box to my knowledge unless there magically was over 502.

FedEx beat this delivery all to hell. But the seller put a small box of bullets and didn't pack it well so the small box of bullets just got tossed around in the bigger box like crazy.

IMG_20200824_130341194.jpg
    IMG_20200824_130350384.jpg
    IMG_20200824_131537079.jpg

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    James, you will never reproduce the power of a well loaded (60,000psi+) 454Casull with a 10.5" 450Bushmaster.
    You could with a 45Raptor depending on bbl length.
    But also IMO . . . the 450B is about all the recoil and blast that you want coming from a AR for reasonable timed follow up shots . . . also shoulder comfort.
    When fireing a hard thumping AR fairly fast (even 5 shots in 10 seconds) you are unable to poperly repo the weapon on the shoulder or cheek weld on the stock. This makes for inaccuracy and pain of recoil.
    I have a buddy that has a AR10 sized gun chambered in 338Fed and shooting the heavier bullets,fairly fast it is quite a bit to handle. The 450B produces more recoil impulse AND blast. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    James, you will never reproduce the power of a well loaded (60,000psi+) 454Casull with a 10.5" 450Bushmaster.
    You could with a 45Raptor depending on bbl length.
    But also IMO . . . the 450B is about all the recoil and blast that you want coming from a AR for reasonable timed follow up shots . . . also shoulder comfort.
    When fireing a hard thumping AR fairly fast (even 5 shots in 10 seconds) you are unable to poperly repo the weapon on the shoulder or cheek weld on the stock. This makes for inaccuracy and pain of recoil.
    I have a buddy that has a AR10 sized gun chambered in 338Fed and shooting the heavier bullets,fairly fast it is quite a bit to handle. The 450B produces more recoil impulse AND blast. --- SAWMAN

Yeah, not able to goto 454 power, just was reading on it. :-(. Your right on the thump the rifle 16 inch I have has a good push on it. 1:24 twist so maybe a lighter bullet might be the trick to get more zing. Polycase interceptor might be an idea. Still in the thinking stages. Pistol lenght would be for 50 yards max. range. Capaticy is only 9 rds in a converted 30rd pmag and about 7 in a gi 20. Something cool to think about.

Jdcujo

Master
    Defensive pistol course in Louisiana yesterday. Prepped brass today that I got from the class lol

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Defensive pistol course in Louisiana yesterday. Prepped brass today that I got from the class lol
    Nice! Been making 300 blackout ladder loads with 3 different projectiles then prepped about 300 5.56 for my new pistol I built. Rainy days make for good reloading days. I also made some neat little wing style bolts for my LEE universal mount. Got tired of messing with the #3 phillips screws and threw together some flat style wing bolts I can do by hand. Also mounted my trimmer to a block that fits the universal mount so I don't have to clamp it to the bench top now. I like the universal mount because I can remove everything and have a nice flat working surface on my bench when needed.
    20200824_182010.jpg
    20200824_182147.jpg
    20200824_223638.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    The lighter bullets could serve you well in a 450B. Depending on the guns app,just pick the RIGHT bullet.
    Nowadays there are poly tips and solid coppers offered. Remember the momentum thing if hunting.
    This chambering will never shoot through a vest also . . no matter which bullet chosen. (but remember the momentum thing).
    I still have three different factory loads for 450B that came with my gun. You are welcome to give them a try if needed. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    The lighter bullets could serve you well in a 450B. Depending on the guns app,just pick the RIGHT bullet.
    Nowadays there are poly tips and solid coppers offered. Remember the momentum thing if hunting.
    This chambering will never shoot through a vest also . . no matter which bullet chosen. (but remember the momentum thing).
    I still have three different factory loads for 450B that came with my gun. You are welcome to give them a try if needed. --- SAWMAN

Should be good as long as the deer don't wear vests! Thinking 50 yard max shooting from a tree stand. Already have the stand up.. Got a 10.5 inch. Will probably use a 3x vortex spitfire and single point sling! I have several factory loads to try but would welcome more, ya never know what works best till ya try it. One of our outstanding GCGF members had one NIB collecting dust and made me a fantastic deal! :) Thank you, War-Buff!

Attachments

• 450Upper2.jpg
      450Upper2.jpg
      34.2 KB · Views: 111

Daezee

Master
    My first attempt at pan lubing. Will be shooting as-cast for the new Danish M1867/96 11.7x51R rolling block as its groove diameter is .462" as opposed to the more typical .458" in the American 45/70. Also the bullets are hollow base and cast of softer lead to help them "bump up" to better fit the bore. The little tool for getting the bullets out of the pan helps. This is certainly a S-L-O-W lubing process. Melting the lube on top of my lead melter set at a very low temp.

E2A6552B-4388-40D9-8AA8-54FBA6ECE301.jpeg
    BA2CA410-5FDA-47C6-A01C-1EFF4ADFF3FB.jpeg
    B576CF03-C35E-41B2-B6A6-048B20DDFB2A.jpeg

Jdcujo

Master
    Nice. I had a 300 handi a while back and an upper to match. Just couldn't justify keeping it at the time.

Tried to prep some more of the range brass from yesterday but single stage lee hand press and checking every bit of range brass man I didn't get far.
    Nice! Been making 300 blackout ladder loads with 3 different projectiles then prepped about 300 5.56 for my new pistol I built. Rainy days make for good reloading days. I also made some neat little wing style bolts for my LEE universal mount. Got tired of messing with the #3 phillips screws and threw together some flat style wing bolts I can do by hand. Also mounted my trimmer to a block that fits the universal mount so I don't have to clamp it to the bench top now. I like the universal mount because I can remove everything and have a nice flat working surface on my bench when needed. View attachment 90440View attachment 90441View attachment 90442

Murfpcola

Master
    Yesterday I picked up a Hogue shotgun buttstock out of a junk box at a local business for a gun I don’t own yet. Today I realized it is not the short length of pull version I thought it was.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Ordered a Cloud Defensive OWL for my 300blk SBR/Home defense rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Those OWLs are sweet! I've seen a few in person. Damn are they proud of them. But you get what you pay for. If I had the funds, they'd be on every pistol and rifle I owned. Fuck a streamlight. But I'm stuck with them on my budget.

John B.

Master
    Those OWLs are sweet! I've seen a few in person. Damn are they proud of them. But you get what you pay for. If I had the funds, they'd be on every pistol and rifle I owned. Fuck a streamlight. But I'm stuck with them on my budget.
    All those 18650 lights are expensive as hell... but it does ship with a high output, and low output battery (1 of each) as well as a charger. Also, you can use discount code "garandthumb" for 10% off... so it brought it down to $340 shipped... which is cheaper than you can get a modlight/arisaka/surefire light, mount, pressure pad for. But yes, still a pile of money no doubt.

SAWMAN

Master
    All my non weapon hunting lights are of the 18650 type. I buy them for <$30. And some as cheap as $15.
    The smaller handhelds are most all with 1" tubes. I install these in a el cheapo UTG throw lever ring for possible use on a pic rail. They will snap on my Glock 32 if needed for tracking in the too thick for thermal brush.
    I get my 18650 batts in from 3200-5000 and 6000mAH from China for <$2.00 ea.
    All this for night hunting or power outage at home. I even have headlamps that are smallish 4000L and take 2,18650 batts. They have 3 power settings on them,plus a strobe. These were about $20. or so.
    And all you gentlemen that think if you buy the famous,EXPENSIVE brands,you are buying American. Usually . . not so.
    I also buy my CR123 batts for right at $1.00ea. The last batch of 50 that I got were the Panasonic brand that cost $1.03ea. --- SAWMAN

peteGon

Shooter
    thinking of purchasing a reloading press , the single stage rebel master, and with the rebate will be able to get a set of dies, and when things normalize stock-up on goodies, 9mm and 223, 22-250.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    thinking of purchasing a reloading press , the single stage rebel master, and with the rebate will be able to get a set of dies, and when things normalize stock-up on goodies, 9mm and 223, 22-250.
    I have no personal experience with the Rebel, but it certainly looks like a beefy press.

John B.

Master
    All my non weapon hunting lights are of the 18650 type. I buy them for The smaller handhelds are most all with 1" tubes. I install these in a el cheapo UTG throw lever ring for possible use on a pic rail. They will snap on my Glock 32 if needed for tracking in the too thick for thermal brush.
    I get my 18650 batts in from 3200-5000 and 6000mAH from China for All this for night hunting or power outage at home. I even have headlamps that are smallish 4000L and take 2,18650 batts. They have 3 power settings on them,plus a strobe. These were about $20. or so.
    And all you gentlemen that think if you buy the famous,EXPENSIVE brands,you are buying American. Usually . . not so.
    I also buy my CR123 batts for right at $1.00ea. The last batch of 50 that I got were the Panasonic brand that cost $1.03ea. --- SAWMAN
    I wonder how well they hold up?

Top Bottom