• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    My usage is really not the most extreme. These lights have been dropped in the softer dirt. They have been rained on and stayed wet for several hours.
    I look at as how many lumens for how much money. Then figure in the longivity thing. The 18650 batts have lasted extremely well. I have about 30 of them. The ones that I have lost are due to dropping on the tile or concrete floors. All 18650's have a "circuit" in them which includes a very small wire. This is their weak point.
    Also one that was installed in a light quit working.
    So out of 35-40 or so,I have tossed about 4 or 5. I also have two lights ( one red 1000L and one white 2000L) mounted on the front roll bar of my buggy,using hose clamps. The buggy gas very limited suspension and takes a beating both on and off the trailer. These lights or the batteries installed them have never failed.
    Myself and another forum member have been using these "China" lights and batteries for about 8-10 years now. My opinion . . .all in all . . . a great deal. ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    My 11.7x51R brass arrived yesterday. Today I loaded up rounds to test for accuracy and point of impact for my M1867/96 Danish rolling block. Weather permitting, I'll go over to the neighbor's range. Gonna be hot, so I'll put up the huge umbrella he has to use over the shooting bench and bring a fan.

Curious as to how Buffalo Arms made the brass, I started measuring and looking up specs. They took 50 Alaskan Starline brass, trimmed the length about .02", reduced the rim diameter .02", and took some off the base diameter with a lathe .04". A bit of work for which I don't have the equipment to do. New Starline brass is $1.09 each. I paid $2.20 each for the converted brass. All but 1 of the 35 cases I bought fit right in the chamber. The one that didn't had a dented case mouth, so I simply resized the case enough to make the mouth round, and it fit right in. At a glance with no measuring or sitting the round next to a 45/70, it looks like a fat 45/70 case tapering slightly starting about half way up to the mouth.

For a cartridge box to carry the rounds, I used a 45/70 box I got from Sawman, and the rounds fit right in if I put them in base up.

wildrider666

Master
    I received another "Midway" Sales flyer, pretty worthless IMHO. Very few actual prices for items, a lot of "starting at $XX.××, you get bonus this or gift card that B.S. Pretty much just bait to get the recipients to go to their Web site. Damn, I sure miss the Sears & Roebuck Catalogs where everything had a fixed price that would be good for months. I still use Midway when their price is the lowest, but the sales flyers never makes me want to open my wallet. YMMV

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday I received more 9mm 124gr bullets to add to my stash. With thousands of rounds of factory ammo & handloads on hand, plus thousands of bullets to be loaded as needed, I'm truly in 9mm overload now so am finished buying. Today I'll go back to loading .45 ACP, which I shoot more than my other calibers combined. Life is good.

FWIW, MidwayUSA is currently offering free shipping on orders of $49+.

SAWMAN

Master
    IMO a well done flyer. Grabs your attention. Makes you want to look. Pretty pictures.
    A "hmmmmmmm,do I need that" ? factor.
    It immediately goes on the shelf next to the shitter in the master bath. Right next to that,conveniently placed is a trash can.
    A quick peek,and in it goes. If I am interested in anything,I go to the website. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Tested 7 different loads in the Danish rolling block. Picked the best (12.0gr Unique) and loaded 35 of that load for further testing.

1) Going with pan lubed bullets is Messy and Slow! Since the lube is on the bullet sides outside the grooves, one gets lube inside the seating die, on your fingers, and on the cases. I do a bit of wiping off of lube.

2) Also tested with the perfect cast bullets were some with a wrinkle (but the weight was the same). At least at 28yd, the wrinkles seemed to have no effect on group size or point of impact, and I probably won't be shooting at small targets and long range anyway. Lowest sight ladder setting is 300 meters; at 28yd bullets were hitting 8-9 inches high. It looks like the "battle sight", used when the rear sight is folded flat, will give 28yd hits only about 5-6" high, but that sight is big and wide and harder for me to line up with the front sight so my groups enlarge...thus more loads for testing.

3) Open sights, heavy trigger pull, and my eyes, oh what a challenge!

4) A labor of love like going through all I have to do to load the .310 Martini Cadet.

5) No visible bore leading.

6) No need to full length resize, just size the neck enough to hold another bullet and punch out the fired primer.

12.0gr Unique load. I feel this is about the best group with that rifle that I am capable of. Note the brownish specs on the target. Scraping them off, I suspect they are bits of bullet lube; maybe I could try less lube. You will see a belling of the case mouth (the left looks almost grossly large, but I think it's the angle of the flash). I found I needed a small belling to start the bullet, but that they chambered fine without having to remove the belling, so I don't. I decided to seat the bullet out in order to have it start nearer the rifling and have less chamber pressure. My load should be giving under 20,000psi; nice and easy on the rolling block. 12.0gr Unique with a 405gr bullet is a decades long used loading for trapdoor 45/70's with their mild strength. No case filler or over the powder wad used.

78E7985F-2DC6-4E57-A074-6A53B7B1B54D.jpeg

RackinRay

Master
    Realized I am now vested in the 300 BO, and only one deep.

Looked at bolt rifles online, and thought about an AR rifle in that round; then decided to check Bear Creek Arsenal.

Snagged an AR rifle upper with side-cocker with 16 inch barrel on sale for $324 and change. Cheaper than any other alternative and I can drop it on an AR rifle upper. I have a Nikon 2x7 scope that will work on it well I think.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Realized I am now vested in the 300 BO, and only one deep.

Looked at bolt rifles online, and thought about an AR rifle in that round; then decided to check Bear Creek Arsenal.

Snagged an AR rifle upper with side-cocker with 16 inch barrel on sale for $324 and change. Cheaper than any other alternative and I can drop it on an AR rifle upper. I have a Nikon 2x7 scope that will work on it well I think.

Welcome to the dark side!(charger) :) I just picked up another last week, and another BCA this week (5.56/450b) muhahhaaa!

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Nice!

Top Bottom