• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Got this scope this AM from Mike's. On sale for $599.00 then
    20200820_112556.jpg
    20200820_110451.jpg
    minus my discount. These are on sale now and got the last one available. They will be getting more in,in the near future.
    This is the first Meopta that I have ever owned. 3-18X50 FFP 30mm tube. Bright red duplex and center dot. No batteries. ( Hmmmmmm . . . ??? )
    I will be installing it on one of my Browning Hell's Canyon X-Bolts. Most likely on the newer 6.5C. ---- SAWMAN

Dewayne G

Expert
    I'm on vacation down in central Florida and had some time to kill while the afternoon storm passed over when I ran across Autumn's Armory on uTube. I hope my great granddaughter has this in her future

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Got this scope this AM from Mike's. On sale for $599.00 then View attachment 90088View attachment 90089minus my discount. These are on sale now and got the last one available. They will be getting more in,in the near future.
    This is the first Meopta that I have ever owned. 3-18X50 FFP 30mm tube. Bright red duplex and center dot. No batteries. ( Hmmmmmm . . . ??? )
    I will be installing it on one of my Browning Hell's Canyon X-Bolts. Most likely on the newer 6.5C. ---- SAWMAN
    Keep us informed. I need a good scope for the dpms. Wait... you got 2 hells canyons now???

FLT

Master
    Got in a little range time , at the current price of ammunition, I ran through $300 worth of ammo. I’ll be glad when things get back to normal. And I don’t have to worry about re supply.

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah . . the origional was chambered in 6.5C PRC. The latest in 6.5C.
    I was pretty impressed with the design and ergonomics.
    You needed it . . BUT . . you went . . "but,but,but". Soooooooo . . .
    The 6.5C comes with 22" bbl and the 6.5PRC is 24". Other than that and the chambering . . both the same. ---- SAWMAN

Gunin4m

Expert
    Yeah . . the origional was chambered in 6.5C PRC. The latest in 6.5C.
    I was pretty impressed with the design and ergonomics.
    You needed it . . BUT . . you went . . "but,but,but". Soooooooo . . .
    The 6.5C comes with 22" bbl and the 6.5PRC is 24". Other than that and the chambering . . both the same. ---- SAWMAN
    Are they both 1:7 twist?

SAWMAN

Master
    No sir. The PRC is 1:7. The 6.5C is 1:8. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    That’s interesting, we’re they thinking heavier bullets in the PRC?

SAWMAN

Master
    The guru's most likely came up with the 8 twist for the 6.5C BEFORE the heavy bullets,with long boat tails and huge B.C.'s ever came out. The bullets >147grs. specifically. The 6.5C has been out for quite some time now.
    Then when the 6.5PRC started showing up in both hunting guns and mission specific,heavy bbl,long range,competition guns,they wanted to twist it so that it would handle any .264" bullet. Even the 150's and 160's.
    One of the reasons that I wanted the Browning PRC is that it is a 1:7 twist bbl. (Some are 1:8.) It will shoot ANY .264" made.
    A 6.5C with it's 1:8 will not stabilize the 150(?) and 160gr bullets. And - - -> add into the "equasion" if you want to hunt with a all copper bullet. I have some Barnes 130gr bullets and they are pretty long. If they came in a 140gr version,I doubt if the 6.5C could stabilize them.
    I predict that in the near future you will see 6.5C's come out with a 1:7 twist. --- SAWMAN

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Received an order of 1000 Berry's 9mm 124 Gr. plated bullets, and have many more various bullets coming soon. Decent, non-panic prices...not the best but certainly not bad. I'll add them to the inventory.

As a side note, I find it curious to read so many posts here where folks are asking where to find common things (i.e. bullets, brass, etc.) that seem to be readily available online. Maybe they're just looking for bargains, or to save shipping, or maybe they're just lazy...Yes, I know it isn't my business, but when I'm doing nothing (which seems to be frequently nowadays) I'll read a post and google the item sought. More often than not I find it. If I can help someone with a hard to find item I'm glad to do it, but for many common items, Google is your friend. YMMV

I google a lot of stuff as I'm new to reloading, guns, and life in general; but I often ask on here because of how friendly and willing to help everyone is. Also, the experience of some of you guys is way better than me watching my 9th Lee Reloading 9mm video of some guy in a half lit basement.

Google is decent at answering most questions, but what if I don't know to ask something? A good instructor will give the heads up about questions I don't even know to ask. :)

Today I finished priming my first 400 9mm rounds. Soon I'm going to ask Sawman to come over and show me how to put powder in and crimp the bullets without blowing my fingers off.

RackinRay

Master
    Loaded mags and stripper clips with 300 BO ammo for the new trunk gun. I think I will like it!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I google a lot of stuff as I'm new to reloading, guns, and life in general; but I often ask on here because of how friendly and willing to help everyone is. Also, the experience of some of you guys is way better than me watching my 9th Lee Reloading 9mm video of some guy in a half lit basement.

Google is decent at answering most questions, but what if I don't know to ask something? A good instructor will give the heads up about questions I don't even know to ask. :)

Today I finished priming my first 400 9mm rounds. Soon I'm going to ask Sawman to come over and show me how to put powder in and crimp the bullets without blowing my fingers off.
    Longtooth, my comment was not directed at any particular individual. It was just a general observation, and I apologize if you somehow took it personally. More importantly, I was only commenting on the searches for items that are readily available, not the quest for knowledge. I'm sure most members (myself included) welcome such questions and discussions here in the forum. The cautious approach to learning to reload is the correct approach. Carry on, ask questions & learn.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Thank God for double hung windows!
    Wouldn't fit down the hall. Pretty large (and really heavy!) Welded metal cabinet. 7ft tall. Will be fitted with power drill accessories. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200809_104205140.jpg
      IMG_20200809_104205140.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 96
    Last edited:

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Longtooth, my comment was not directed at any particular individual. It was just a general observation, and I apologize if you somehow took it personally. More importantly, I was only commenting on the searches for items that are readily available, not the quest for knowledge. I'm sure most members (myself included) welcome such questions and discussions here in the forum. The cautious approach to learning to reload is the correct approach. Carry on, ask questions & learn.

I didn't take it personally at all. I was just pointing out that while I do google, I appreciate the knowledge and willingness to help on this forum. :)

Do we have a thread of just reloading set ups? I was looking for one around this time last year when I was trying to figure out what all I needed to get started. A thread of pictures with a brief explanation of what you reload would be cool. (Not sure how some people feel about putting an announcement of personal wealth online, but it would be cool to see how some people have their benches set up)

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    I didn't take it personally at all. I was just pointing out that while I do google, I appreciate the knowledge and willingness to help on this forum. :)

Do we have a thread of just reloading set ups? I was looking for one around this time last year when I was trying to figure out what all I needed to get started. A thread of pictures with a brief explanation of what you reload would be cool. (Not sure how some people feel about putting an announcement of personal wealth online, but it would be cool to see how some people have their benches set up)
    I don't know of a particular thread, but some people have shown pics of reloading setups in various places on the forum. I think there are probably reloading tutorial videos on youtube,but I don't know of one to recommend. I think that having someone walk you thru the steps in person would be helpful.

Edited to add...here is a quick shot of a portion of my reloading area. It shows my RCBS Rock Chucker single stage press on the left and one of my RCBS Pro Chucker 5 progressive presses on the right. Some dies and miscellaneous "stuff" are in the background.
    ProChucker&RockChucker1.jpg

Last edited:

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom

gunroom.jpg

This is my setup. The countertop to the left has a universal mount that holds my vice, trimmer, presses, powder dropper, and a few assorted other good. All LEE base blocks that I've retrofitted to work for me. Bottom right is my old dynamite box that holds all my powder. Not shown is my other safe that holds all my projectiles and primers. All tooling has it's place on the bench and gets put on the universal mount where the vice is as needed. Organization is your friend. Also labeling anything and everything so you can keep track of it and know what it is if it's in ammo cans or bags helps a lot.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    20200820_220854.jpg
    20200820_220907.jpg

Got bored the other night and built my frankenwylde. It's a 223 wylde stainless barrel, stainless gas block, stainless muzzle device, and stainless carbine length gas tube. Built on a red x arms lefty upper and BCG. Poverty pony lower with aero LPK. SBA3 brace with ambi safety and ambi mag release. Radian raptor LT CH and seekins precision trigger guard. No name handguard that is actually really good quality with a good barrel nut. Everything locks into place and lines up perfectly. I'm gonna be buying a handful of these strike industries ambi mag releases. They work really good and I'll be swapping them out on all my previous ar pistol builds. Gonna work up some ladder loads for this gun with some m855 tips and see what she'll do. So far I'm liking the feel of everything and the weight is spot on for the size. Sig romeo 5 on top and a larue MBT2s curved trigger. I'm a huge fan of the romeo and these larues. For the money, it's truly hard to beat their quality and feel. The shake awake on the romeo is great. No fooling with knobs to turn it on, just pick it up and it turns itself on. Set it down, and it turns itself off. Can't beat that. And $80 for a larue 2 stage trigger that's as crisp and smooth as these is a steal. I'll keep buying them if he keeps making them. Looking for a cold cerakote option to turn the whole thing FDE. I have a SB3 brace that's FDE that I already put on there and I have a handful of FDE pmags. Not a bad little pistol for digging through my parts bin to put together. Only think I specifically ordered for it was the barrel. I had everything else just saved up for whatever build I wanted to go with.

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I used leftover shelf boards to make mounting blocks for my primer and my lee single stage. I also have my chargmaster lite (still has some protective plastic on it) mostly set up. I was in the middle of cleaning out primer pockets when I took this (Bill gave me the idea about putting the primmer brush in the drill)

This is as far as Iv made it since buying my Lee Breech Lock last Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• IMG_5283.JPG
      IMG_5283.JPG
      1.6 MB · Views: 91
    Top Bottom