• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Whats the bullet dia and weight? Would love to get some for my Blackhawk and judge revolving carbine. Seems to me the hollow bases are way, way more accurate.

Cast from 20 parts lead to 1 part tin, as cast they are .462” and weigh about 392 gr average. I intend to pan lube with no sizing. Will need to slug my bore to make sure. Probably best is to do a chamber cast too. Should be 11.7x51R, but the Danish armory converting them from rimfire to centerfire also did some in 11.7x56R for more power. Why Denmark did the converting when they were transitioning to 8x58RD Krags is a mystery to me like why did Sweden convert rolling blocks to same cartridge when they were transitioning to Mausers in 6.5x55.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Cast from 20 parts lead to 1 part tin, as cast they are .462” and weigh about 392 gr average. I intend to pan lube with no sizing. Will need to slug my bore to make sure. Probably best is to do a chamber cast too. Should be 11.7x51R, but the Danish armory converting them from rimfire to centerfire also did some in 11.7x56R for more power. Why Denmark did the converting when they were transitioning to 8x58RD Krags is a mystery to me like why did Sweden convert rolling blocks to same cartridge when they were transitioning to Mausers in 6.5x55.
    Oh, way too big for my pistol/carbine. Im guessing they could be sized down to. 452. But are too heavy. Never done any of that yet.. (sizing)Probably like most militarys somebody's brother got a retro fit contract. Thanks

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I noticed the other day that someone produced a 300Win Mag with a 1:8 twist bbl.
    Great to see some of the mass production guns coming around to MY WAY OF THINKING.
    NOW . . . if some of the "designed and marketed for long range" 308Win guns would do the same . . . or even go to 1:9 would be mo-bedda.
    And the 22-250 guns should definately go to 1:10 twist. ALL 223,Wylde,and 5.56 guns should be AT LEAST 1:8. ( I believe that the Wylde's are)
    Every 300BLK should be 1:7 or even 1:6. Every 6.8SPC should be 1:11 also.
    All 6.5C's should be 1:7 also,to shoot the 156 and 160's. Can't believe that Ruger would think to produce their RPR's with such a shitty twist rate . . ? . . and forkin' short bbls.
    THERE . . . ! Mini rant over and out. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    BamaFan, took a look at your gun on the Savage site. Looks great. Everything that the Ruger RPR wishes it was. Obviously built for the longer ranges and precission shooting right out of the box.
    For me . . . wishing that it was offered in several different chamberings but understand why it is not. Maybe something in .284" or a faster .264".
    If I were going the, this type of gun,route. These would be my pick. ---- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew it had been to quiet around here.—————— ;) ;)

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Didn't miss you one damn bit John. BTW - - -> added you to "the list".
    But . . gun stuff . . I got 100 pieces of 6.5C brass. Now waiting on dies from Midway. Got a tracking number already after three days but sez could be delays.
    Will reload some different 6.5PRC loads after I get this truck full of dirt spread. ---- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    But . . gun stuff . . I got 100 pieces of 6.5C brass. Now waiting on dies from Midway. Got a tracking number already after three days but sez could be delays.
    Will reload some different 6.5PRC loads after I get this truck full of dirt spread. ---- SAWMAN
    I thought I would have made the list years ago honestly. Guess if I ever buy a ruger red label I'll have to find the chokes elsewhere. Damn the luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wait a second... SAWMAN bought 6.5 creedmoor brass?

I don't believe this, so how can I believe the validity of the rest of his post?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I caved to the 6.5C crowd.
    When I bought it I had to sign a form that pledged ( under penelaty of law),that I would only shoot at targets that were 1300yds distant.
    Think i'll get it rechambered to 260Rem just as soon as I outshoot jj and his 6.5Peedmoor. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom