• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Ahh yea that would probably ease the pain of getting the first scratch, if somebody has already done it.
    No scratches on that one, just a little bit of character near the muzzle from riding in a holster, protecting lives. Character it wears proudly showing that while it's no safe queen, it has been treated with care, love and respect. Just sayin' ;)

Dan1612

Master
    Character = scratch/scuff/dent/chip etc...
    My work car has lots of character.
    That 1911 rode in a leather holster, no scratches, scuffs, dents or chips. Anywhere on it.
    Sounds like you need a new car.Lol!
    :behindsofa:

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I could defiantly use a new car haha, but it's my commuter car, I drive couple hundred miles a day on average so I don't care what it looks like as long as it works. I give the wife the nice stuff,

RackinRay

Master
    Picked up a Mossberg Mariner , some scabard marks from where it was carried in bear country. Perfect find for me as I have been wanting a pump, and just got a boat!

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0447.JPG
      IMG_0447.JPG
      60.8 KB · Views: 187
    • IMG_0445.JPG
      IMG_0445.JPG
      35.4 KB · Views: 178

Ryan

Master
    im sure ill have the finish jacked up soon enough. I can't do leather so it's either Kydex(I'll have to get a Jogan special) or Wilson's injected molded holster. I need the adjustability of kydex to get that super cant that I use.

Dan1612

Master
    im sure ill have the finish jacked up soon enough. I can't do leather so it's either Kydex(I'll have to get a Jogan special) or Wilson's injected molded holster. I need the adjustability of kydex to get that super cant that I use.
    My holster has plenty of cant. Maybe you didn't notice, or maybe you're just shaped funny. lol. Just kidding, power to you either way, Armor Tuff can handle it. Just for reference:
    1965089009eeb4adc0acca37e5024fcc.jpg

1eb4d4a9db69134c2949a551fb341eee.jpg

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Lo-Prof...ather-with-Shark-Trim/productinfo/MLP1BLSR15/

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter

Dan1612

Master
    So now you're trying to turn him into a holster snob also?
    All in a day's work. I already got Critterbug to buy one of these and a belt for his P229 EDC. They need to start giving me commission. Lol.

Last edited:
    Well guys, I made it out to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center this morning. I took out these three.

1980 Colt SP1 (picked up on Sunday)

Rock River Arms 20" A2 HBAR

20" A2 Gov't Build (just finished on Monday afternoon)

I shot the A2 build first. It worked splendidly. I only had to adjust the windage by two clicks and the elevation by two clicks. After that, it was dead on. I shot the RRA A2 HBAR next. Just had to adjust the elevation by two clicks and windage by one. It is dead on. Last was the SP1. I fired the first three shots and there was no need for any adjustment. I like it. After everything was sighted in, I started popping rounds at a stick (about 1' long and 2" wide) down on the berm. That was fun watching it jump around. There is nothing like shooting old-fashioned A1s and A2s. I am one happy camper. Now, I have to go clean three ARs.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Picked up a nice lightly used Stag marked Lower, very nice price
    6.8-marked Stag Arms lower with Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger, Spikes Tactical Lower Parts kit, KNS Pins, buffer tube, buffer, spring and Ergo Grip.

Attachments

• stag1.jpg
      stag1.jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 140
    • stag2.jpg
      stag2.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 138
    • stag3.jpg
      stag3.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 143

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Truthfully i am not trigger sensitive and this is the best I own...it sure is smooth, so I am looking forward to putting it on my 6.8.

Dan1612

Master
    Jeep, Ryan, JW, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a bad influence on myself too. Lol.
    7cce06571b5e014f0329ad6fd6a3ef06.jpg

Should be here Friday. Whoo Hoo!

ChrisC

Master
    about time you bought a real 1911....

j/k. congrats! that is one sweet looking blaster. not sure if Wilson does it but NH 1911s have a disconnector tunnel under the slide for a smooth rackin' 1911. a nice touch from a semi-custom shop.

Dan1612

Master
    about time you bought a real 1911....
    j/k. congrats! that is one sweet looking blaster. not sure if Wilson does it but NH 1911s have a disconnector tunnel under the slide for a smooth rackin' 1911. a nice touch from a semi-custom shop.
    Thanks! Yeah, without looking, I don't think Wilson does the tunnel, but then, they don't need to cheat. Lol.
    As much as I love Wilson stuff, they don't do a threaded barrels for Suppressors on 1911s and they don't do RMRs, and that's the plan with this one. I can't believe it took me this long to find out that such a thing could be done. The rmr will be like on their new WarHawk.
    d2c050d4da7c31186165fba209e665c0.jpg

So eventually it'll have a supressor, an X300, and an RMR. That'll be sweet!
    Having said that, I still love Wilson, it's my top pick overall, and I can't wait for my Wilson AR to come in, it should be another week or 2.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Went to the eye Dr yesterday to set up my appointment for another operation. This Dr has kind of a dry bed side mannor but I ask him if I could shoot a hand gun after my last operation and he said yes but no RPG,s or 50 cal. I about fell off the chair. You would'nt think he even knew what a RPG was.

So tonight I have been getting stuff ready for a range trip tomorow(SP).

Now someone call FRANK, I am takeing a guy from the park with me that I play golf with. He brought his 30/30 with him and wants to shoot. Now WAIT FOR IT,,,,WAIT FOR IT. He is from New York State. Hunts,camps out in a tent and hates Dem...Seems that Rep won the state house and senate up there and he is hopeing that the Safe act can be over turned.

Edit, I should be there for Sat if my alarm goes off.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Went to the eye Dr yesterday to set up my appointment for another operation. This Dr has kind of a dry bed side mannor but I ask him if I could shoot a hand gun after my last operation and he said yes but no RPG,s or 50 cal. I about fell off the chair. You would'nt think he even knew what a RPG was.

So tonight I have been getting stuff ready for a range trip tomorow(SP).

Now someone call FRANK, I am takeing a guy from the park with me that I play golf with. He brought his 30/30 with him and wants to shoot. Now WAIT FOR IT,,,,WAIT FOR IT. He is from New York State. Hunts,camps out in a tent and hates Dem...Seems that Rep won the state house and senate up there and he is hopeing that the Safe act can be over turned.

Edit, I should be there for Sat if my alarm goes off.

Congrats, snow bird! The next match is the 28th, not this Saturday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom