• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Finally got to spend some quality time with my new press. Cranked out 400 rounds of 9mm before switching over to .223. Had to go buy more small pistol primers. God this is fun.

Dan1612

Master
    Well, I made some progress on the A2 build today. I picked up the PSA Stealth lower from Larry and brought it home and started work on it.
    Does PSA ship lowers that fast?!? I've always had their stuff take eons.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    did some work on the personal shooting facility and finally got around to running the "transition drill pt1" off the Brian Enos site. Basically, 10 yards down range, 3 targets spaced 1 yard apart. At the buzzer, draw and fire 1 shot per target, left to right, then again from the first target, 1 shot each left to right, and then once again for a total of 9 shots per string. Note your time, add 0.5 seconds for any shot outside the "-0" ring on a IDPA target. Add 'em all up and divide by how many string you shot for your average. I shot 8 strings with an average of 6.72 with an average first shot going off at 1.40. My best string was 5.20 with a perfect run, while my worst was a 5.72 with 2.5 seconds added for a 8.22. I didn't notice much difference between trying to go fast and barely getting a sight picture and going slow enough to take the time to aim. In fact, I did worse when I went slow and tried to place my shots. My times were just a little quicker shooting my normal speed, but my hits were much better. Weird how that happens...lol

John B.

Master
    Just some proof that deer can get acclimated to anything... just now at Santa Rosa Shooting Center. Big ole fat nanny walked across the range.
    3c9ebbffc1326c5d192bac0f1405091f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    did some work on the personal shooting facility and finally got around to running the "transition drill pt1" off the Brian Enos site. Basically, 10 yards down range, 3 targets spaced 1 yard apart. At the buzzer, draw and fire 1 shot per target, left to right, then again from the first target, 1 shot each left to right, and then once again for a total of 9 shots per string. Note your time, add 0.5 seconds for any shot outside the "-0" ring on a IDPA target. Add 'em all up and divide by how many string you shot for your average. I shot 8 strings with an average of 6.72 with an average first shot going off at 1.40. My best string was 5.20 with a perfect run, while my worst was a 5.72 with 2.5 seconds added for a 8.22. I didn't notice much difference between trying to go fast and barely getting a sight picture and going slow enough to take the time to aim. In fact, I did worse when I went slow and tried to place my shots. My times were just a little quicker shooting my normal speed, but my hits were much better. Weird how that happens...lol

I call bull on all of this.

Rapier

Marksman
    I was up just south of Florala when you guys were rolling out this morning, up since 4:00. I was putting on the 3 point hitch 9 inch auger and then drilling the hole for the temp power pole next to where the underground powered transformer is going, by the new 1800 sq ft shop building. By the time I left this afternoon the footing was dug in that hard clay. We proceed with the metal shop wood shop and reloading room with shooting station. We are proceeding to build the shop over looking the 200 meter range. While I was resting I test fired the H&R 158 repair and refinish I did for the young man that watches out for my farm.
    Ed

Gene

Expert
    Well had to try my new suppressor on my ruger and AR pistol, could only hear the bolt! Had to take a few Springers along too!

Attachments

• 2015-03-07 17.11.17.jpg
      2015-03-07 17.11.17.jpg
      165.3 KB · Views: 134
    This morning, I finally ordered the barrel for my A2 build from Windham Weaponry. Hopefully, in a couple weeks, I will have it all put together.

Yesterday, I got the shipping info on my Windham Weaponry A2 barrel and from Rock River Arms on the stock, handguards, and the other little pieces. The barrel arrives tomorrow and the RRA stuff gets here on Monday. Looks like the A2 will be done on Tuesday if everything goes according to plan.

Got my 20" A2 Gov't profile barrel in a little while ago. I have already distressed it to coincide with the look of the receivers. I am getting excited to see how this build is going to turn out.

Dan1612

Master
    Got my 20" A2 Gov't profile barrel in a little while ago. I have already distressed it to coincide with the look of the receivers. I am getting excited to see how this build is going to turn out.
    Distressed it, eh? I thoroughly distressed my brand new, overpriced Nodak last night. Matches beautifully! Lol.

Skippy02

Marksman
    I added some base plates to my dad's new pocket pistol and I received my free mags from S&W , happy happy happy
    f60ec85dceda68c413829c9f8ecc98ba.jpg
    73f5d9b3799b507b68ab8a2576dd593f.jpg

Distressed it, eh? I thoroughly distressed my brand new, overpriced Nodak last night. Matches beautifully! Lol.

Gotta love the used look. I have done a Battlefield Pick Up look on a several of my retros. It just gives them more of an authentic look. Sometimes a brand new look is not as appealing.

TraderDan

Master
    What happened to all the viet nam era m-16's ? did they ever demilitarize any for sale to public?

What happened to all the viet nam era m-16's ? did they ever demilitarize any for sale to public?

Danny, most were fortunate enough to make it back intact, but the vast majority of the lower receivers were de-militarized. The lower receivers were required to be cut up in three pieces and thus rendering them unuseable. There were some M16s that were able to be sold to military members back then. They had to have a letter authorizing the purchase. These M16s come up on the market every once in a while. Being Class III weapons, they command a very high price tag. A 603/M16A1 can be found for as little as $15,000-$18,000. Early M16s (601, 602, 603/XM16E1, and 604) are virtually non-existent. As far as original parts, you can find some uppers, some upper assemblies (very rare), some barrel parts, handguards, stocks, pistol grips, and some of the lower receiver parts, but you really have to look and be patient to locate them. Then, you will pay a premium for these original parts. There are still some M16A1 parts kits being sold by a few vendors. They are of varying condition. They usually come without the barrel and lower receiver. There are a couple companies manufacturing the 1:12 barrels for them. Nodak Spud manufactures correct A1 lower receivers (NDS-16A1) in XM Grey and Black. The also make lowers for the 601/602 and the XM16E1/604. If you are considering doing a retro build and want some help as to what to do and where to go, give me a shout.

TraderDan

Master
    Thank you, I will. I didn't think there were many if any to be had, I did have a COLT SP1 for the 1st AR I bought, and should have kept it, But you know how that tune plays. lol

Top Bottom