• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kanaloa

Master
    I wish I had some hobbies. As a kid I used to hunt, fish some, ride motorcycles, play basketball and chase girls. Been working way too many hours for too many years. Dang I wish I had been paid overtime or worked less. My spare time is still working for da man, and nearly all extra time goes to the wife and kids. I hope to get back out in the woods some day.

ChrisC

Master
    Motorcycles, I currently have two that I enjoy riding and tinkering with.

Just put touring bags on my Dyna and doing a wide glide and fat front tire conversion on my Sportster. Still need to paint the bags.

that is a sweet lookin' dyna Don. Sometimes I wish I have bags but the minimalist will do for now. here is my horse

70dd2e42-e197-4e07-a448-51a35069c8cc_zpsuk9pya93.jpg

Street%20Bob1_zps5w01pgwj.jpg

Last edited:

Blackeyes

Expert
    I raced motocross for 15 years, but injuries pretty much forced me to quit as I got older. Raced all over the southeast, and had a lot of good times with the guys I rode with. Never made AMA Pro, but made it to the B class before I had to quit.
    I've always played guitar, Got an unbelievable drummer and bass player and we record our own tunes every 3 weeks or so. As expensive as nice guns are, the world of home studio stuff, nice guitars and custom modded Marshalls are a black hole from which there is no return (lol)

RackinRay

Master
    Going to the gym is a hobby for me. My time to release all my frustrations. It actaully is theraputic for me. Other hobbies I guess would be taking the dog for a walk, throwing the tennis ball with her. Besides that it is guns, hunting, and fishing, also went and played paintball a few times in Mobile with a few friends. Starting to like paintball.

I played paintball in Alaska for two years, and played locally after transferring back to Pensacola. Cold paintsballs hurt, but the brier I found lodged in my left kneecap after playing on a field in Mobile was painful as well! Great fun to play, but I think I like Alaska play better.

shootnstarz

Master
    Let's see, there's:

Astronomy, astrophotography, numismatics, HO scale model trains, Corvette, R/C model airplanes/sailplanes, gardening and knife collecting, US made only. Damn, I need a few more.

Rick

Marquezj16

Marksman
    that is a sweet lookin' dyna Don. Sometimes I wish I have bags but the minimalist will do for now. here is my horse

70dd2e42-e197-4e07-a448-51a35069c8cc_zpsuk9pya93.jpg

Street%20Bob1_zps5w01pgwj.jpg
    Nice ride gents! Here's mine. I don't mess with it to much anymore but I enjoy the ride!
    DG Solo Seat and HD Swingarm bag.jpg
    DK Customs AC.jpg

Attachments

• DG Solo Seat and HD Swingarm bag.jpg
      DG Solo Seat and HD Swingarm bag.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 161
    • DK Customs AC.jpg
      DK Customs AC.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 162
    Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    All matte black Harley's, chromed out bikes aren't cool anymore?

I would love to get me a nice bike but it doesn't fit into my way of life, they are a blast to ride though.

MAXman

Master
    I trust it's registered as a international craft, with eligible facilities, and has a crew of two that are highly trained and motivated.

Garpo

Master
    I trust it's registered as a international craft, with eligible facilities, and has a crew of two that are highly trained and motivated.

International craft: Sometimes crosses into Florida?
    Eligible Facilities: Piss bucket?
    Crew of two: Yup, but I do all the work!

MAXman

Master
    Florida is still technically USA but, piss bucket works, all you need is a cot and a propane stove and you can set up your deck gun.

shootnstarz

Master
    Ya'll have some real kahunas to drive a bike around here. I know so many people with "old motorcycle injuries". No matter how careful you are it's usually the other guy. Be safe (as you can).

Rick

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    My newest hobby up front, my older hobby in the rear and of course there is building shit out of wood, looking at the sky thru a telescope, landscaping (my own yard). I just started growing things with the grandbabies. Sometimes pissing people off and the usual. Long walks on the beach, chatting on the phone with friends, looking at the internet for minutes at a time and a few others. I forgot the guns and ammo collection hobby.. My camera is not big enough....

Attachments

• IMG_20150601_173226_245.jpg
      IMG_20150601_173226_245.jpg
      471.3 KB · Views: 141
    Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    That's the deck gun. I can't remember exactly but I think you can go up to 20mm.

schavey

Expert
    I've seen a few folks mention other hobbies outside of firearms so I thought I'd see if there was any interest in a thread. Maybe some more connection can be made. I'll give it a try.

I enjoy playing music with my buddies and brother every weekend at my house. I'm usually on bass but always enjoy playing acoustic guitar and occasionally pick up the electric. We are far from pro but we have a great time. We converted a shed into a "club house/studio". We ran power,lights, a/c, dedicated outlet switches for the amps, mini fridge, computer, etc. Its still evolving. Its not always about playing music. A lot of times we get in to some great (and sometimes not so great) conversations. Occasionally we incorporate a cookout. I look forward to it all week long.

I envy you and your friends, but I suspect your music is R&R, C&W, and the like. But if it were Jazz and Big Band style., I'd ask to join you. Playing that kind of music, got me through college, and provided good extra income for a long time, and I still love it.

Top Bottom