• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Our family has a lake house in conecuh.
    Property tax is still reasonable. Property prices going up as out of town people move in.
    Several people have fled Baldwin co. I wish I'd got here sooner. Several people were buying 100 ac tracts for cheap that have now tripled in price. Up in Beatrix area too. I was almost too late here. Paid 35k AND got the mineral rights.... Test well about 400 yards east of me. I might be JR Ewing someday, lol. I've been trying to figure out how to get a cellphone tower in my yard to collect 10k a month. Not part of the pallosi club so probably won't happen.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Our family has a lake house in conecuh.
    Property tax is still reasonable. Property prices going up as out of town people move in.

That’s everywhere…. My family has 400 acres in SE GA. Some developer got the wise idea about 15 or 20 years ago to dig a 30 acre manmade lake and put luxury houses around it. This is right down a dirt road from us, 10 miles from nearest blinking traffic light, 20 miles to grocery store in a nearby small town in the middle of farm land. No one thought they’d sell…. They did, and for a pretty penny too. One just listed for 700k. Not sure the lot sizes- half acres, maybe 1, not more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    An oldtimer here in Baldwin County told me that waterfront lots in Gulf Shores were going for $4,000 back in 1971-1972!

*edit: Ft. Morgan waterfront lots were $2,500 during that same time!
    Had a friend that grew up in Bagdad. He said hi father had a chance to buy some property right on the beach (Gulf) on Orange Beach. That was in the late 50's. His comment was "who the hell would ever want to buy that property - nothing but sand".

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Had a friend that grew up in Bagdad. He said hi father had a chance to buy some property right on the beach (Gulf) on Orange Beach. That was in the late 50's. His comment was "who the hell would ever want to buy that property - nothing but sand".

Ha, my dad, a successful businessman, said his worst decision ever was passing on the opportunity to buy a lot in Jacksonville off Hecksher drive on the river back in the 70’s for 20K. Thought it was a ripoff then. Worth millions now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aladon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been trying to find a place in South Alabama to shoot some crows. Got any suggestions for an old retired guy who lives in Fairhope but willing to drive?

Top Bottom