• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I am so glad it is working for alot of you, seems like everyone has good things to say about it. That in itself makes me alittle nervous about it, almost too good to be true. Personally, I don't see how it can so easily replace sensation of lighting up and holding the cigarette, seems more like smoking a pipe.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats CS! I.started vaping a few months ago myself. Started a thread a while back and a few members jumped in.

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?19651-Quitting-a-bad-habit

I think vaping is an excellent alternative. Some people like to mention that not all of the facts are in. I agree that there may be some issues but I'm firmly convinced that it sure ain't as bad as cigs.

I chronicled my experiences some in my thread but in a nut shell, upsides to vaping versus smoking cigs has been:

Returned sense of smell
    Wind coming back
    Headaches gone
    Sense of taste improving
    Acid reflux almost disappeared
    I smell better
    My clothes smell better
    My wallet stays fuller

And, yep, it can turn into a hobby too. I've been resisting the urge to keep buying different ecigs. Typical guy thing, you want different models, upgrades, all that stuff.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Now ---------> I do not understand all of this stuff ....... BUT .......?

I gave up smoking about 23 years ago. I used to smoke Pall Mall reds. Two packs a day on a "good" day. Sooooooo ...... I understand a little about the whole "tars and nic's" thing. Also let me just say that as long as you feel that it is helping YOU,it is fine with me as long as you are not a whiner. In fact .... you can be a whiner,just don't whine to me or cost me money thru your passed on medical bills.

So,question,you suck them fags and get nicotine into your lungs(along with tar and other stuff). You load up them vape things with nicotine and suck that into your lungs. The difference is what ........ ??

If you give up cigs and start vaping,and as some of you seem,are satisfied with doing that for XX years. Are you any better off. It's just that .... well .... ummmmmm ... some people seem so god damed proud that they vape .... was just wondering what is the basis for the proudness ??

NOT being critical or singling anyone out so please don't get ashamed or overly embarrassed ...... just trying to figure this whole thing out. --- SAWMAN :peace:

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You don't get the tar with the vapor things. I do personaly think that people walking around sucking on those things while shopping or better yet while eating look silly as hell.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Pall Mall Reds, wow, what memories, I quit for awhile once I got out of boot camp, then about a year later, our chaplin would come around quite often, and he smoked pall mall reds, and would tamp them on his timex and light them with a zippo. All that was too much for me to see day after day and don't you know it, I had to ask him for one, and the bastard gave one to me, knowing i had quit. Hows that for spirtiual guidance, that's all it took for me to start again for awhile. LOL I did admire that man though, he was a good man / friend, I guess we really just didn't think that much of the dangers of it back then.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, no one is implying that ecigs are the answer. I'm using it as a stepping stone to quitting. I'm down to 6% nicotine from 18% and feel less need every day. Its better than NOT quitting at all and I can guarantee you it IS working for me.

I don't feel smug about it at all. I do feel its at least a positive step in the right direction FOR ME. Its not something I brag about, if it looked like I was from this or the other thread I was just attempting to get others to at least give it a shot. There is no question its got to be better than continuing a 2 pack a day habit. There is about 150 more chemicals in a regular cig than in vaping .

Rebuilt, I follow the same rules with vaping that I did with smoking. None inside anywhere.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Shows how much I know about it. I did not know that you could control YOUR intake of nicotine. Seems to me then .... as long as you continue to turn the nicotine down,little by little,sooner or later you should get to 0%. --- SAWMAN

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Alot of personalities come off quite differant than intended online as does, mine, yours and even sawmans, people often want to read more into what is typed, and often take it more personal than intended. What often is intended as general information shared for a laugh or educational benefit sounds like bragging or smug, depending on the mood of the reader. just the way it is, especially if you don't know the guy. Happy Texting y'all. :kiss:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True RR

Yep Sawman, there are controllable variables on vaping. With the oil you can get different flavors including popular cig brands and nicotine concentrations from 24% to 0. On the cig itself you adjust voltage and "hit". So, you start off close to your present level and slowly taper.down till its basically nothing.

I didn't take up vaping to replace cigs forever. I intend on not using anything eventually. I can tell you this: a few months ago I started at 18% and that almost didn't do the trick. Now, if I try to smoke 18% instead of the 6% I get dizzy and sick feeling so I think my body really has adjusted away from nicotine.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/health-risks-e-cigarettes-emerge

Electronic cigarettes, marketed as safer than regular cigarettes, deliver a cocktail of toxic chemicals including carcinogens into the lungs, new studies show. Using e-cigarettes may even make bacterial infections resistant to antibiotics, according to one study.

Engineers developed e-cigarettes several years ago to provide tobacco users a smoke-free source of nicotine. The devices heat up a liquid that a user inhales, or “vapes.” Because e-cigarettes burn nothing, they release no smoke.

“There’s no question that a puff on an e-cigarette is less toxic than a puff on a regular cigarette,” says Stanton Glantz, director of the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at the University of California, San Francisco. But few studies have looked at the toxicity of their vapors. As a result, scientists have been circumspect about describing e-cigarettes as safe.

For a May 13 review in Circulation, Glantz and his team pored over emerging data on what vapers are inhaling and found, he says, greater risk than scientists had thought. E-cigarettes deliver high levels of nanoparticles, the researchers found, which can trigger inflammation and have been linked to asthma, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes (SN: 7/18/09, p. 26). The levels “really raise concerns about heart disease and other chronic conditions where inflammation is involved,” he says.

This week, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommended that e-cigarettes should be banned indoors, because they emit chemicals potentially as dangerous as cigarettes and have a potential passive smoking risk. Doctors are also calling for more research into the long-term effects.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The WHO? Frank quoted the World Health Organization? I thought I was the gulljble left wing panti waiste for believing the CDC about the dangers of smoking?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hey just passing on important info, don't attack the messenger, the dangers of vaping from science sites and news organizations are all over just Google it...well IF you want to know...lol

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, look everyone! Frank knows how to search for info on line, a true sensai master of the digital frontier!

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehnsion skills Frank. You're the only one on here that doesn't understand my points.

Or, is it because you can't handle the idea of quitting?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Obviously some can't or they would not be vaping chemicals...

I never said a word, just posted what Doctors and scientists are saying, I personally don't care what others do as long as the don't tell me what to do. and as a disclosure I vape too and have longer than any of you even knew what it was.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    So I say --> if this is a "tool" to be used to better your health,good,good on you. Your family will thank you for this.

Another question ..... can you vape in a designated "NO SMOKING" area ?? Just wondering as now the Naval Hosp and the VA in P'cola are both non smoking area's(the entire property,not just inside the bldg). --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom