• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel for you Sean. I just got done doing this last week followed by towing 30 utility trailer loads of limbs to my brush pile. Every time I do it I tell myself I'm glad I didn't choose it as a profession. My hats off to anyone that does it everyday for a living because it's tiring work.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got my dump trailer at the house. I figure probably 4 loads to get the job done. And, yep, one could get in serious shape doing this every day. Best shape I've ever been in was the year I built docks. Between hauling wood, jetting pilings and lots of swimming and just keeping all my mucles under tension constantly fighting currents everything got a workout.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought about doing the same thing as you, Sean....using a lift to do some tree work at the house. The one I rented is on a job about 8 miles from my house. Just can't get the balls to try to drive that thing that far! It would take all morning to get it here and I'd be a complete mess by the time I got it home. And I'm not paying NES to come move it for me...

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, its $300 one way to move anything like that through NES or Thompson Cat. I'm very fortunate that we store all of our equipment at the airport and that's just a little over a mile from home. And that's back roads (Rebel Rd. And Frank Reeder). The neighbors out here don't care and everyone else drives 4 wheelers, golf carts, MX bikes all over. I doubt it concerns anyone to see a skid steer, front end loader, lift or such strolling along.

Biggest thing is,.some equipment like the Genie is not made for distance driving. The drive units can overheat if operated continuously. I stopped halfway home and felt them and let em cool a bit before continuing.

Wanted to get the D5 over for some other work.but something tells me somebody might have an issue with metal tracks chewing up the asphalt.:tape2:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yeah, didn't think about the drive system not made for non-stop moving for over a mile. and yeah, the dozer will put up some serious road hiccups.

Top Bottom