• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No one responded to the landscaping wanted thread, let's see if I can get a response to this.

I need an Oak tree severly cut back. I thought about dropping it but decided I can use the shade. I'm pretty sure it got busted up in Ivan. Shaped weird, one sided. Don't know the species of Oak but in 5 years its gotten taller, not so much spread out, not like the Live (?) Oaks that have the branches that go out horizontally. I let the lower stuff grow because I had an idea that didn't work out.

Size is about 40' tall. Base is 30'. I wouldn't expect a price without a look first.

I can provide a 20' dump trailer and a skid steer to load the cuttings. I'll run the skid steer and all debris removal. I need someone that can shape it. I need a price but it might be a month before I can do it.

My septic drain field runs about 50' to the East of the tree. I don't see it as a problem but I need to stay away from that.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sterling tree service is my first suggestion. They do great work. AAA tree service would be the second.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Save your money Sean, you can borrow my chainsaw and 30' extension ladder.

Rick

I got chainsaws. I got extension ladders. I even got a Genie lift. What I don't got is the desire to do this particular project.:eyebrows:

I'll check with Sterling. Just thought I would see if a member was in the business.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn't it amazing how much higher 30' is when you're on top of the ladder vs standing on the ground looking up at it?

Rick

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn't it amazing how much higher 30' is when you're on top of the ladder vs standing on the ground looking up at it?

Rick

That's no joke! Especially when you consider that terminal velocity is achieved in roughly 50' of free fall.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thus the reason I do NOT plan on going up the ladder. If I could get the Genie over there I would but that sumbitch is heavy and will leave ruts.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also reminds me of the highest inch and a half in the world, over lapping scaffold boards. Anybody that's worked construction will understand.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep.

Been thinking about it. I believe I will just get the Genie over here and do it myself. I talked to a Genie rep and he said driving it the 1.5 miles from work won't hurt the drive units if I stop about halfway and let them cool down for about 15 minutes. Since it'll be here I'll just use it to trim all the trees and Kool.Seal my shop roof.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't been on in a while. I work for hinkler landscaping/tree service, if he's too pricey, our climber may want side work. He does amazing work, will pass along info.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't been on in a while. I work for hinkler landscaping/tree service, if he's too pricey, our climber may want side work. He does amazing work, will pass along info.

I appreciate it. Wouldn't mind getting a price. CCC23 started a thread looking for a landscaping service too. You might want to check that out too.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, drove the Genie home. Longest 45 minute 1.5 mile.drive of my life. Got most of the stuff done down the driveway. Load tomorrow and then off to the dump Monday. Next stop: trimming that damn Oak out back.

I am one beat puppy..:rockon:

Attachments

• NCM_0201.jpg
      NCM_0201.jpg
      154.4 KB · Views: 89

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good luck with it, I sure could use one for a day. I have the same problem, every thunderstorm worries me.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Be careful man....last time I was around an oak tree being trimmed, I agreed to hold the ladder while my neighbor cut a pretty good sized limb. Four days later I was leaving the hospital with all the bones in my ankle broken, most of the bones in my foot broken, a torn meniscus in my knee, some muscle & nerve gouged out of my lower leg, two plates, four pins, a box of screws, and a permanent limp. Just watch yourself and whoever is helping you!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appreciate it LRR! I'm being careful as I can. With the lift I've been cutting the big stuff from above so it can't swing into me or hit on the way down. I do try to study all the angles before the bigger cuts.

What wore my ass out and slowed me down today was that effin chainsaw. Used it to cut fence posts at work yesterday and it ran flawlessly. Today it wouldn't idle so I had to restart every time I moved. Sucks. I'm gonna get a carb kit for it this week and go through everything before next weekend. It really slowed me down today.

Top Bottom