• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tezzy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After years of delay, I think I’m finally ready to pick up a standard AUG. But, I’ve never held or fired one lol. I’m in Tallahassee and have yet to see one at a local FFL. Anyone here have one? Would be interested to read your thoughts and impressions. I’m 5’10” and curious about its LOP.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    After years of delay, I think I’m finally ready to pick up a standard AUG. But, I’ve never held or fired one lol. I’m in Tallahassee and have yet to see one at a local FFL. Anyone here have one? Would be interested to read your thoughts and impressions. I’m 5’10” and curious about its LOP.
    There's 2 for sale on here and I know @Anangrypasta has 1

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I'm 6"0 and the LOP isn't bad! I'd put it akin to a A2 length LOP on a AR/M16. They're a lot more compact than pics make them out to be, they seem smaller in person. A lot of peeps are also surprised by how much plastic there is in the build. 99% of the FGC is plastic, which is pretty cool! NATO stock versions have LRBHO, just no bolt catch button. Post any questions you got and I'd be happy to reply off my experience.

Tezzy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang that’s a touch long for my liking but maybe the balance will make up for it. Have you run it suppressed?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Here's it next to an A2 length rifle. So I guess its a touch longer. The weird thing is, it doesn't feel that long. The butt on the AUG has a pretty dramatic angle. The bottom tip of the butt is like an inch closer to the muzzle than the top of the butt. So when I shoulder it, I put it up higher on my shoulder and it pulls the gun in more. It balances well, especially if you place your optic behind the pistol grip as I have it. I haven't run it suppressed, but I'd imagine the balance should be excellent. Or- at least better than an AR haha

Attachments

• 20230327_091947.jpg
      20230327_091947.jpg
      628.7 KB · Views: 41

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Here it is next to an MP5 for shits and giggles. The AUG's only like an inch longer lol. LOP is pretty close too!

Attachments

• 20230327_092458.jpg
      20230327_092458.jpg
      629.7 KB · Views: 32

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Closest I ever came to buying a Class III was an AUG back in the early '90s. Around $2500, but I couldn't get any law enforcement in South Florida to sign the paperwork. Kicking myself now for not forcing the issue : )

Of course, the integral scope would have been the only downside.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I went with black because the other colors weren't available at the time haha. That said, I'd get green if I could do it again. Hard to beat the classic!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I remember way back when I first got into guns a little. I was at Goldmine pawnshop. They was pretty big back then and was one of the main gun stores near me. I was there buying the new G22 that just came out then. That should tell yall about how long ago this was lol. They had a gold AUG on the wall. It looked so high tech and unfamiliar to me I assumed it was brand new tech. Then much later I was watching TV and came across an old episode of the A-Team, with Mr T holding one. I was pretty shocked to see they dated that far back. A buddy of mine here on forum brought one by once and shot it. I wasn't feeling well then and passed on the chance to shoot it. I should have done it.
    I've seen videos of how fast the whole front end of them can pop off and change into even LMGs really fast. That seemed really cool.

The_Spaartan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is but the RDB is more spacy!! Also it ejects down solving my left handedness.. lol. The scope rail is mounted to the barrel so you don't lose zero when cleaning. Don't know about the AUG??
    The AUG holds zero perfectly fine when removing and re-inserting the barrel

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I learned something today too lol, didn't know about that. The AUG is the only bullpup rifle I have experience with
    Yep. I wanted a bullpup rifle. After much reading the RDB was the best option FOR ME based on ejection and gas adjust, trigger, mag friendly, lrbho, ambi, parts availability, etc. I wish they could have made it lighter like the SU16C that I have. Both piston guns btw.
    20220317_144826.jpg
    20210318_142643.jpg

Top Bottom